Thread: Jeff Allen just released

Default Jeff Allen just released

To make room for Mo Claiborne. I was not expecting this. I can list off a bunch of other names;

1. Jordan Lucas,
    2. Dorian ODaniel
    3. Rankin
    4. the kid we just got from the Ravens
    5. D. Thomas

With our current O-line situation...didn't get that move either. Would think that with Hill coming back that DAT would be gone. Did Allen regress?

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    ... Did Allen regress?
    Who knows? He only played 8 offensive snaps this season before he got hurt. His rehabilitation must be going much slower than they the Chiefs had hoped. I can see an argument for cutting some of those other players over Allen, but Jeff doesn't do you any good if he can't play. Maybe the Chiefs will bring him back at a later date (if he doesn't sign with another team). Maybe he's this year's "C. J. Spiller."
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Who knows? He only played 8 offensive snaps this season before he got hurt. His rehabilitation must be going much slower than they the Chiefs had hoped. I can see an argument for cutting some of those other players over Allen, but Jeff doesn't do you any good if he can't play. Maybe the Chiefs will bring him back at a later date (if he doesn't sign with another team). Maybe he's this year's "C. J. Spiller."
    When did Allen get hurt? He came in for Wyllie against the Ravens, then Wyllie came back the following series. That was his 8 snaps. He has been on the field for 21 special teams plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    When did Allen get hurt? He came in for Wyllie against the Ravens, then Wyllie came back the following series. That was his 8 snaps. He has been on the field for 21 special teams plays.
    Sorry. I was thinking he just had surgery but that was Eric Fisher. I don't know why Allen wasn't getting more playing time if he was healthy.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

They should have released Cam Erving and moved Jeff Allen to LT. With Wyllie hurt now, I wouldn't be surprised if Allen comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    They should have released Cam Erving and moved Jeff Allen to LT. With Wyllie hurt now, I wouldn't be surprised if Allen comes back.
    Yes I erving needs to go. I never understood why he still around. The guy has no power.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Speaking of needing help in the running game...Can we re-sign CJ? I'd happily take him back at this point.