Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Defense

Default Defense

What happened to the defense get rid of spags

Our defense totally sucks!

Our offense isnt helping them either by bot running the ball and controlling the clock. Passing all the time only works when you complete passes and use up time or you score alot. I think alot of this is Reid bad play calling. Also Injuries. I think Fisher needs to get healthy asap. Chris Jones also but I think Fisher would help protect Mahomes and run block better then would in turn help keep our defense off the field as many times.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    Our offense isnt helping them either by bot running the ball and controlling the clock. Passing all the time only works when you complete passes and use up time or you score alot. I think alot of this is Reid bad play calling. Also Injuries. I think Fisher needs to get healthy asap. Chris Jones also but I think Fisher would help protect Mahomes and run block better then would in turn help keep our defense off the field as many times.
    I don't think our offense has anything to do with this defense being horrific. We need to stop making excuses to hide the truth. D Line and Line backers are horrific.

1. This team can't tackle. Specifically the line backers.
    2. There is zero push once the ball is snapped. They all stand straight up looking to react to the play instead of attacking. This is causing them to be easily blocked after they are slow to react.
    3. Poor play calling. These blitz schemes don't bring pressure and our secondary ends up holding because they are getting beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I don't think our offense has anything to do with this defense being horrific. We need to stop making excuses to hide the truth. D Line and Line backers are horrific.

1. This team can't tackle. Specifically the line backers.
    2. There is zero push once the ball is snapped. They all stand straight up looking to react to the play instead of attacking. This is causing them to be easily blocked after they are slow to react.
    3. Poor play calling. These blitz schemes don't bring pressure and our secondary ends up holding because they are getting beat.
    I agree but the offense can help the defense out by staying on the field longer and keeping the defense off the field.

I agree but the offense can help the defense out by staying on the field longer and keeping the defense off the field.
    0 Punts yesterday. They held the Texans on ZERO drives with exceptions of three turn overs, with one in the endzone about to score.

I long for the day when we move on from Fisher and draft a LT, LG C, and RG all in the first round to pair with Schwartz and we have mixture of a dominant line like Indy and Dallas has. I like Frank Clark. I would like to see us take the Green Bay approach to Free Agency next year and sign some mid to high level free agents to the defense and it didn't cost them very much and it worked out pretty damn good for them too I might add also. That would be my approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    0 Punts yesterday. They held the Texans on ZERO drives with exceptions of three turn overs, with one in the endzone about to score.
    If you cant see that if the offense stays on the field longer then it keeps our defense off the field in which helps limit the defense issues then there's no reason to argue with you. It's common sense. I never said offense can solve defense problems but they can help limit the defense problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    I long for the day when we move on from Fisher and draft a LT, LG C, and RG all in the first round to pair with Schwartz and we have mixture of a dominant line like Indy and Dallas has. I like Frank Clark. I would like to see us take the Green Bay approach to Free Agency next year and sign some mid to high level free agents to the defense and it didn't cost them very much and it worked out pretty damn good for them too I might add also. That would be my approach.
    Eric Fisher is not the problem. Erving is. I'm ok with Erric cuz he is good not great but also wont break the bank to keep. Also the fact that you like frank clark says alot. He's a bust. And shame on all of yall who made us fall for all the hype about him. Now we will lose our best defensive player in Jones. Now next year our number one need will be a DE for the 4th straight year we will be drafting dline in our 1st pick. Veach better explain who's really in charge of drafting and free agency cuz if its Ried then he better speak up before he gets fired and takes the blame for it all.

If you cant see that if the offense stays on the field longer then it keeps our defense off the field in which helps limit the defense issues then there's no reason to argue with you. It's common sense. I never said offense can solve defense problems but they can help limit the defense problems.
    Won't argue this, but it is still a crappy excuse to cove up the facts. The Defense needs to get off the field themselves, before blaming the offense. You can not blame the offense for the Defense giving up points on one of the first two drives in every game this year.

1. If they TACKLE Better. They have better chances of getting in 3rd and long.
    2. If they stop holding receivers and prevent the penalties. They may force a punt.
    3. Attack instead of REACT.
    4. Get some Heart and say enough of this. D. Lee said the team has lost passion to tackle. It looks that way.

Lets start here before blaming the offense. If the Defense can get off the field faster. The offense can get in a rhythm to do what every is scared of.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast