Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Crap.

Default Crap.

I haven't been on at all lately not only because I'm busy, but also because I really have nothing to say.

If I talk about football at all right now, it's just going to be a bunch of pessimism rolled up into some colourful phrases and four-letter words.

I read a lot of the posts and got caught back up but I still have nothing to say. I agree with about all kinds of stuff in his latest rant. That really stings because I wanted to punch him for his article about Priest. I guess, the truth really does hurt.

I can't disagree with anybody who wants to talk crap about the Chiefs at this point. I simply don't have the heart for it. I can't argue with any ideas and viewpoints presented because I lack the motivation and desire. Besides, I am learning now that most everybody's opinions and plans for this team will probably prove just as effective as the people being paid to make the decisions.

We should have dominated the injury-laden, mediocre denver donkeys. We should not have lost two in a row at home in a much-needed home stretch book-ended by tough road-trips at the beginning and end of the season.

I'm pissed and I'm depressed. I've seen it too much and too often. This franchise is a joke and I'm not laughing. Hope is a fleeting thing, becoming increasingly harder to grasp and I'm not sure I want to expend the energy and emotion neccessary to obtain it once again. I see this season going down in flames after being teased by how things started. I'm glad I had at least half a season of excitement, I guess but the sting would probably be less if we had just lived up (or down) to nearly everybody's expectations.

I am simply sick from obsessing over something over which I have no degree of control. I can only watch the same damn thing so many times, year after year, until I eventually become so jaded to it that I no longer care. Or, even worse, so disgusted by it that I can no longer enjoy the excitement and intensity provided by the NFL season/playoffs. I have to take a step back. I'm sorry. I'm done. If the Chiefs are to change their ways, they will have to do it with me watching quietly from the back row.

Peace -

- Another too-tired and disgruntled Chiefs' fan.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I hear you there guy!

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Things could be worst, you could live in Nebraska and be a Husker Fan also!

good thing KU is playing so good this year, I was able to jump on their bandwagon and now have a team to cheer for! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! go hawks!

Quote Originally Posted by timsatt1 View Post
    good thing KU is playing so good this year, I was able to jump on their bandwagon and now have a team to cheer for! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! go hawks!
    I am also glad that KU is playing well, I live in Nebraska and I am a Cornhusker fan by marriage but I am from Kansas and love KU and the once great, and soon to be great KSU WILDCATS BASKET BALL TEAM. GO CATS!!

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    WOW!!!! Finally!! Some people coming to my side of reality!!!
    Some of us were there years ago.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Some of us were there years ago.

Then show it man!

As a member of this site, I would like to see more posts from you Guru.

I miss your insight.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Moefoe your post brings back very bad memories for me. Memories of a horrible loss against the Donkeys. No it was not last weeks loss at Arrowhead. Rather, it was the 1997 loss in the playoffs against the Donkeys when we had home field advantage throughout the playoffs. Our 13-3 record. Our great defense with DT and company.

Poof! In an instant all of it was gone at the hands of the donkeys. I hate those sob's like nobody's business. After that game, I was so dejected that I couldn't watch football for awhile. I wasn't even sure if I wanted to be a Chiefs fans anymore.

It was definitely a gut check time for me. I realized that I was too consumed in Chiefs football. I lived and died by what happened to MY chiefs. I finally realized that I needed to have my own outlet for competition. I grew up on sports and loved them. Now I was in my 20's and had nothing but my Chiefs every Sunday. I decided to get my *** off the couch and get into intramural sports like softball, bball, etc. I needed some kind of competitive release of my own instead of living through the Chiefs.

I don't know if this is something that should do. But it made all of the difference in the world for me. I'm still a Chiefs fan. But I don't want to punch holes in the wall anymore when they lose.

Reality tells me that this Chiefs season likely won't end with any superbowl rings. It likely won't even end with a road playoff loss like last year. Instead, I am looking for development of this team and I think that we have seem some. A defense that for many years in this decade was the laughing stock of the NFL is now making great strides. I think we have finally found a WR in Dwayne Bowe. I think we have found a RB in LJ. I know we have a solid TE.

If we can use free agency and the draft to develop the O-line then I personally think we could be headed in the right direction. QB is definitely the big question mark on this team. Is Brodie the man? Well only time will tell. But at least because of what happened last week, we will now find out. I think by the end of this season we will know if Brodie is something we can build upon or if we need to cut bait.

Don't give up on this team just yet. They are headed in the right direction. We just don't have all of the pieces in place yet. I think we all knew this heading into the season. Last week was just another painful reality check handed to us by the hands of our most bitter rival.

Go Chiefs!

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Then show it man!

As a member of this site, I would like to see more posts from you Guru.

I miss your insight.
    So you want more negative posts from me. I think you are misunderstanding my position here. I don't expect much from the Chiefs anymore. Until Carl is gone, nothing is going to change.

I am a big fan of the team. That doesn't mean that I think we are good. We are far from it.

I don't post much because I don't want to bring people down and don't want to waste time arguing about where I stand as some on here will want to do.

I have followed this team for 30+ years and the closest we EVER got in that time was MONTANA. Getting the the playoffs was nice and I miss that. Getting to the playoffs last year was a joke. The fact that we are 4-5 and still in the hunt for a playoff spot is an even bigger joke.

And yet, I still sit through every minute of every game. I will not apologize for feeling negative with my favorite team. I want them to get better.

I think they can get better.

I think they are on track to get better.

I think when Carl is gone, they will get better.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Moefoe your post brings back very bad memories for me. Memories of a horrible loss against the Donkeys. No it was not last weeks loss at Arrowhead. Rather, it was the 1997 loss in the playoffs against the Donkeys when we had home field advantage throughout the playoffs. Our 13-3 record. Our great defense with DT and company.

Poof! In an instant all of it was gone at the hands of the donkeys. I hate those sob's like nobody's business. After that game, I was so dejected that I couldn't watch football for awhile. I wasn't even sure if I wanted to be a Chiefs fans anymore.

It was definitely a gut check time for me. I realized that I was too consumed in Chiefs football. I lived and died by what happened to MY chiefs. I finally realized that I needed to have my own outlet for competition. I grew up on sports and loved them. Now I was in my 20's and had nothing but my Chiefs every Sunday. I decided to get my *** off the couch and get into intramural sports like softball, bball, etc. I needed some kind of competitive release of my own instead of living through the Chiefs.

I don't know if this is something that should do. But it made all of the difference in the world for me. I'm still a Chiefs fan. But I don't want to punch holes in the wall anymore when they lose.

Reality tells me that this Chiefs season likely won't end with any superbowl rings. It likely won't even end with a road playoff loss like last year. Instead, I am looking for development of this team and I think that we have seem some. A defense that for many years in this decade was the laughing stock of the NFL is now making great strides. I think we have finally found a WR in Dwayne Bowe. I think we have found a RB in LJ. I know we have a solid TE.

If we can use free agency and the draft to develop the O-line then I personally think we could be headed in the right direction. QB is definitely the big question mark on this team. Is Brodie the man? Well only time will tell. But at least because of what happened last week, we will now find out. I think by the end of this season we will know if Brodie is something we can build upon or if we need to cut bait.

Don't give up on this team just yet. They are headed in the right direction. We just don't have all of the pieces in place yet. I think we all knew this heading into the season. Last week was just another painful reality check handed to us by the hands of our most bitter rival.

Go Chiefs!
    That sums it up pretty good.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post

Go Chiefs!
    Coach I agree, been there done that. I do hope we can give TG a Superbowl ring, he getting long in nfl years and the clock is ticking loudly! It is frustrating that this franchise has not been to the show but twice, with one win. This NFL franchise with its strong and rich heritage!
    This Franchise who's founding owner who named the big show, Super Bowl! It is most frustraiting, but we must root on and someday, soon we will be in the big show, and we will be there!, and it will be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    So you want more negative posts from me. I think you are misunderstanding my position here. I don't expect much from the Chiefs anymore. Until Carl is gone, nothing is going to change.

I am a big fan of the team. That doesn't mean that I think we are good. We are far from it.

I don't post much because I don't want to bring people down and don't want to waste time arguing about where I stand as some on here will want to do.

I have followed this team for 30+ years and the closest we EVER got in that time was MONTANA. Getting the the playoffs was nice and I miss that. Getting to the playoffs last year was a joke. The fact that we are 4-5 and still in the hunt for a playoff spot is an even bigger joke.

And yet, I still sit through every minute of every game. I will not apologize for feeling negative with my favorite team. I want them to get better.

I think they can get better.

I think they are on track to get better.

I think when Carl is gone, they will get better.
    Rep coming your way. Rooting for your team doesn't mean they are always number one. Rooting for them also doesn't mean you can't criticize players, coaches, or front office staff. Posting an opinion that opposes others is hard to do on here, because people always say you're not a fan or tell you to drink more beer.
    Everything happens for a reason.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast