Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Crap.

Default Crap.

I haven't been on at all lately not only because I'm busy, but also because I really have nothing to say.

If I talk about football at all right now, it's just going to be a bunch of pessimism rolled up into some colourful phrases and four-letter words.

I read a lot of the posts and got caught back up but I still have nothing to say. I agree with about all kinds of stuff in his latest rant. That really stings because I wanted to punch him for his article about Priest. I guess, the truth really does hurt.

I can't disagree with anybody who wants to talk crap about the Chiefs at this point. I simply don't have the heart for it. I can't argue with any ideas and viewpoints presented because I lack the motivation and desire. Besides, I am learning now that most everybody's opinions and plans for this team will probably prove just as effective as the people being paid to make the decisions.

We should have dominated the injury-laden, mediocre denver donkeys. We should not have lost two in a row at home in a much-needed home stretch book-ended by tough road-trips at the beginning and end of the season.

I'm pissed and I'm depressed. I've seen it too much and too often. This franchise is a joke and I'm not laughing. Hope is a fleeting thing, becoming increasingly harder to grasp and I'm not sure I want to expend the energy and emotion neccessary to obtain it once again. I see this season going down in flames after being teased by how things started. I'm glad I had at least half a season of excitement, I guess but the sting would probably be less if we had just lived up (or down) to nearly everybody's expectations.

I am simply sick from obsessing over something over which I have no degree of control. I can only watch the same damn thing so many times, year after year, until I eventually become so jaded to it that I no longer care. Or, even worse, so disgusted by it that I can no longer enjoy the excitement and intensity provided by the NFL season/playoffs. I have to take a step back. I'm sorry. I'm done. If the Chiefs are to change their ways, they will have to do it with me watching quietly from the back row.

Peace -

- Another too-tired and disgruntled Chiefs' fan.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    It is most frustraiting, but we must root on and someday, soon we will be in the big show, and we will be there!, and it will be great.
    Yes it will be great. I have a bottle of Jack Daniels that is waiting for the day that we win a superbowl. It has been waiting in my liquor cabinet since 1997.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Yes it will be great. I have a bottle of Jack Daniels that is waiting for the day that we win a superbowl. It has been waiting in my liquor cabinet since 1997.
    Bet you were just itchin to open that up in January 2004.

I can't wait for a SB appearance. Even if we lose, I would be happy. Of course, if we win one in my lifetime, I may cry.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

I agree with the part about not posting as much because you dont want to bring anyone down! Most all of us here are fans! I dont really want to state my opinions all the time because they bring me down to somtimes just reading them. We have some great aspects to our team right now, and some not so great. I still love watchin the chiefs play, even if the arent winning, they still make me excited?

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Then show it man!

As a member of this site, I would like to see more posts from you Guru.

I miss your insight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    So you want more negative posts from me. I think you are misunderstanding my position here. I don't expect much from the Chiefs anymore. Until Carl is gone, nothing is going to change.

I am a big fan of the team. That doesn't mean that I think we are good. We are far from it.

I don't post much because I don't want to bring people down and don't want to waste time arguing about where I stand as some on here will want to do.

I have followed this team for 30+ years and the closest we EVER got in that time was MONTANA. Getting the the playoffs was nice and I miss that. Getting to the playoffs last year was a joke. The fact that we are 4-5 and still in the hunt for a playoff spot is an even bigger joke.

And yet, I still sit through every minute of every game. I will not apologize for feeling negative with my favorite team. I want them to get better.

I think they can get better.

I think they are on track to get better.

I think when Carl is gone, they will get better.

I do NOT misunderstand your position here at all. I also think the Chiefs are making us fans look like fools.

Carl is the biggest problem we have as fans, and I don't know anyone except timsatt that thinks otherwise.

So much improvement on defense is getting ME stoked up!

I don't know sh!t about defensive schemes, so am just happy to see pressure on opposing QB's.

If you aren't here posting your opinions there is a sense of intimidation from others posting on the board defending your standpoint.

I have endless optimism about the Chiefs and I too sit and watch every second of the game with wide eyed anticipation.

When things go south I cry into my beer, and if that is part of why you have quit posting I will try even more to desist.

In the NFL ANYFRIGGINTHING can happen (Steelers 2 years ago) and it is still OK to root for OUR Chiefs!!!

Until we are out of this thing for good, I say we keep some optimism, and post our opinions (for or against performance) because even losers have lucky days!

Chin up Guru and thank you for responding.

I appreciate it!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

I lived in KC during the Montana years, I moved after that, and I can tell you from my experience, good or bad, I am just happy to get the games I get. Absence does make the heart grow fonder, I am so thrilled now that Huard is out and Croyle is in, and it isnt because I hate Huard, I actually like him, I just know this isn't the year and feel we will be better prepared when it is the year by getting the QB some reps now.

When I lived in KC I took the Chiefs for granted, once I moved I missed them terribly, that is a large reason why I am here. If I get the chance I watch the game, if I cant watch it live I am happy to see it on Tivo or NFL replay anyway I can get it.

Win or lose I am a Chiefs fan, I would just prefer they win.

Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    Rep coming your way. Rooting for your team doesn't mean they are always number one. Rooting for them also doesn't mean you can't criticize players, coaches, or front office staff. Posting an opinion that opposes others is hard to do on here, because people always say you're not a fan or tell you to drink more beer.
    I will have to assume you are referring to either Canada or myself, so my response to that is this.

I got my problems, you got yours.

I would love to hear dissenting opinions from others.

My viewpoint changes constantly regarding the Chiefs.

The one constant is get rid of Carl.

Herm is a new bug in the machine, but he too shall pass (I hope sooner, than later).

Go to Plaza III and have a prime rib while in KC.

Best steak you will ever eat!

Thanks for coming and supporting the Chiefs!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

I can't wait for a SB appearance. Even if we lose, I would be happy. Of course, if we win one in my lifetime, I may cry.
    like a baby I will! But I want more than one!

I guarantee you that I will.

And will be proud to post it on the Chiefs Crowd.

Man it gives me chills just thinking about it.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    like a baby I will! But I want more than one!
    Dont get greedy now.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I will have to assume you are referring to either Canada or myself, so my response to that is this.

I got my problems, you got yours.

I would love to hear dissenting opinions from others.

My viewpoint changes constantly regarding the Chiefs.

The one constant is get rid of Carl.

Herm is a new bug in the machine, but he too shall pass (I hope sooner, than later).

Go to Plaza III and have a prime rib while in KC.

Best steak you will ever eat!

Thanks for coming and supporting the Chiefs!

It's not just you. That seems to be the general consensus. I never said you had problems. I'm going to KC this weekend to support the Chiefs. It's a vacation.
    Everything happens for a reason.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast