Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Postgame @Chargers The Frank Clark breakout game

Default Postgame @Chargers The Frank Clark breakout game

Well that was more stressful then it had to be. But a W is a W and the Chiefs managed to get the W today.

Lets start with that DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!!

For them this was a VERY encouraging game. Tonight we saw why the Chiefs made the move to bring in Frank Clark. WOW what an impact he made. Caused a couple of turnovers was getting all sorts of pressure on Rivers most the night. There is still stuff to work on but the D is going in the right direction. They are way ahead of where they were at this point last year. And lets just also not let the fact they this defense didn't find a way to blow the game. That's something that we have not seen in a while. Props to Spaggs he is getting this defense better. Hopefully that continues because as I said there is still a lot of work to do. Still gave up way to many yards. But tonight is a very good start.

Offense. Well they found a way to get points on the board enough to win. This is not the effort that we are use to. The oline has to play better plain and simple. Losing Hill early on didn't help but man the O line didn't have a great night IMO. Mahomes was having to run way to much. We have an off week which hopefully will help them heal up a bit. But man you have to do a better job protecting. Hardman stepped up a bit and Kelce came up huge with that really nice catch for the TD. Lets hope the week off lets all these guys heal up. The Jokeland game is going to be a HUGE game. GO CHIEFS!
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Agreed all around. Probably my biggest disappointment on the o- line was Fisher. Dude had wiff on automatic.

We got lucky with the win. Who ever is game planning our offense needs to be fired. This offense wont beat a good defense. It looks like both teams were unprepared to play actually. Stop using RPO's so much. We dont need Mahomes keeping it and running.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    We got lucky with the win. Who ever is game planning our offense needs to be fired. This offense wont beat a good defense. It looks like both teams were unprepared to play actually. Stop using RPO's so much. We dont need Mahomes keeping it and running.
    That would be Andy Reid I have been saying this for a while now.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Glad we won, but think we were really fortunate that we were playing the Chargers and they seemed really determined to shoot themselves in the foot, too. This game really marked the first time in a long while that I've seen Reid put a really concentrated effort in running the ball.

Think we won the game making two adjustments. The first being the defense started really communicating (or at least looking like they were communicating). It forced Rivers into audibles that largely didn't work. Yes Frank Clark had a "breakout" game but sure would've been nice if this had shown up a lot earlier in the season. Where the D shined tonight IMO was the INT's. Mathieu really played well but think it was overshadowed because of the dropped INT.

The other adjustment that we made was on offense. With Hill out of the game, the Chargers had enough talent to cover everyone else, so Mahomes wasn't free to just pick their D apart. While we did a good job of trying to run the ball, don't think it was overly threatening to their D. So Mahomes started playing similar to Alex Smith and started picking up first downs with his legs. Doesn't win you fans or pad the stats but it did give us a W and keep us at the top of the AFC West.

I will remain skeptical for now on Frank Clark. All the Seahawk fans commented on him saying he only shows up when he faces back ups or lesser offensive lines. That is exactly what he did last night. He needs to carry that type of performance over to a better offensive line, and a QB not holding it for ever. Now the Double Team he beat for the fumble/interception. That was very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I will remain skeptical for now on Frank Clark. All the Seahawk fans commented on him saying he only shows up when he faces back ups or lesser offensive lines. That is exactly what he did last night. He needs to carry that type of performance over to a better offensive line, and a QB not holding it for ever. Now the Double Team he beat for the fumble/interception. That was very impressive.
    I am actually shocked that pundits havent mentioned that he was going against backups. At the beginning of the game I actually remember asking myself why is our D ends having a hard time stopping the run and getting to the Qb against backups. I dont remember when was it that Clark started to get to Rivers? Cuz I did ask myself that cuz right before the game I saw a post that both chargers tackles were out and that chiefs ends should have a hay day and it disnt appear they were at the beginning but maybe that's just me. I wont give any credit to clark until he does it consistently and against starters.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    That would be Andy Reid I have been saying this for a while now.
    Reid may call the plays but doesnt OC enimey make the game plan? We have lots of skilled and fast players yet we act like we dont. Watkins, hill,helman, kelce, I mean really. It feels like chiefs are wasting away talent.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    Reid may call the plays but doesnt OC enimey make the game plan? We have lots of skilled and fast players yet we act like we dont. Watkins, hill,helman, kelce, I mean really. It feels like chiefs are wasting away talent.
    Bieniemy does have a role in putting the gameplan together as the OC. But Andy is the bigger part of it and as Head Coach has the final say on what the gameplan is on a given week.

Many of the same issues that we have on offense have been issues with Reid coached teams going back to before he was working with Bieniemy
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    The skepticism is very understandable. The fact is he hasn't been much of an impact this season.

Sometimes it does take a guy a while to adjust to a new team. Hopefully that is just what we were seeing with Clark. But you are right he is going to have to start showing it as we go forward. Hopefully what we saw from Clark against the Chargers will not be a one time thing.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast