Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dear Andy Reid

Default Dear Andy Reid

Hi! I've been very critical of you for a few years now. And well you have given me reason to be many times over the past few years.

Now you have a chance to shut me up for a while. This is a big game. (you haven't done these well) With a W you still have a chance to get the 2 seed and a bye in the postseason. You also give yourself a chance to win the West for a 4th year.

You are going against one of if not the all time greatest coaches in the league. It's time to step up. It's time to show us that we have reason to hope that we are not doomed to see the same old postseason exits. Please shut me up. Please let everyone point and laugh at what a idiot I am for ranting about you for the past few years. Please do this.

I don't want to have to yell at you when I am sitting right behind your bench for the Denver game.

Sincerely,
    Matthewschiefs

sin·cere·ly

sin·cere·ly

TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Okay first I've known Matt for a few years now and have had many good conversations with him and their is one thing I don't question is his loyalty to the Chiefs. He is as a die-hard a fan than most fans and has been supportive of them for longer than I've been alive (sorry Matthews) and for anyone to question his integrity or loyalty as a Chiefs fan is foolish and nonsense. We are all die-hard fans of the Chiefs here.

Secondly I believe you can be a fan of a team without being in love with the coach or at the very least question said coach when his track record isnt the most glamorous. Belichick is better than Reid always has been and will be until he retires we will have to live with that fact.

Thirdly if we would've played 4 quarters in the AFCCG we would've easily rolled the Pats but that falls on Reid and his distinct lack of preparation for the big games, the pats game wasn't the only one of last year. See the Rams game also.
    First I want to start off by saying thank you. I didn't take it as me being questioned as a fan. But thank you for the kind words.

Look I know I talk about Reid a lot but it's not because I despise Andy Reid. It's because IMO he is a problem for this team. I mentioned the AFC title game last year already but let me talk about this year.

The Houston loss and the Titans loss were unacceptable. (more so the Titans loss) Both teams came in kept our offense on the sideline. Yes a lot of that is on the D. But go back to those games. We made 0 effort to run our own ball control. We instead did the same old same old pass happy thing that gets our D back on the field more. Some just claim that our Running game is weak and at times it has been but not always

Houston we passed the ball 35 times gave our rbs a grand total of 9 carries they were averaging over 5.5 YPC. It was very clear throughout that game what Houston was doing to our defense. Would the result been any different if we had made more of an effort to run our own ball control? We will never know. The point is we did NOTHING to counter what they were doing NOTHING at all. That's coaching folks. IMO it was a valid thing to talk about. So I did.

More of the same in the Titans loss. Again it was clear they were doing the same thing as Houston. And again we didn't do anything to counter it in game. Instead we have our franchise QB in his first game back from injury throw 50 times. That's 50 in a single game. Even worse with a chance to win the game simply needing a 1st down on a 3rd and 1 or 2 we run a screen to a backup TE not even the starting TE. This falls on coaching (even more when the head coach is the playcaller) Again IMO it was a valid thing to bring up so I did. And add to that can anyone tell me that the Titans are the better team. Is there any reason they should have been able to come into Arrowhead and win?

I stated why I think it's a key thing this week earlier in the thread. It's something that IMO is going to play a factor in the game.

So yes I do talk about Reid a lot but I don't think any of it is without some logic and thought, It's not unfounded. More simply put I talk about it because this is a forum to talk about Chiefs issues. And for many of the above stated issues I think coaching is an issue with this team

I will just end by simply stating if you see a thread about Reid you don't have to read it. You can chose not to click on it. Go Chiefs
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

It’s not so much your dislike for Andy Reid, but your pandering of the Patriots fans on their board. For example, in post #5 when a fan spouts a litany of insults on the Chiefs, including using terms like “utter garbage” when describing their interior OL, your reply was “I can’t disagree with a lot of this...” I would have been hurling the **** at them at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by NJChiefs View Post
    It’s not so much your dislike for Andy Reid, but your pandering of the Patriots fans on their board. For example, in post #5 when a fan spouts a litany of insults on the Chiefs, including using terms like “utter garbage” when describing their interior OL, your reply was “I can’t disagree with a lot of this...” I would have been hurling the **** at them at that point.
    The OL has had issues. That's just a matter of fact. I have mentioned that here a few times. Going to another teams board you are going to hear stuff like that. You have to know that going in.

You're taking one line out of a post and ignoring the rest? I spend the rest of that post talking about our defense getting better. I have talked about that in several other post as well. But you are going to pick one line in one post?
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

What I have learned over the years. Moving on from a coach who has done everything great but win the biggest game, rarely gets better once replaced. The few samples where it does, the Heir taking over is a one of a kind coach. In some cases there is some success for a year or two, but most of the time the floor drops out. Unless we know who that person is and have them lined up to replace Andy. I have little argument against Andy running the show. I would rather have the chance for Andy to make a mistake in the superbowl or play offs with a chance to win, then years of horrible football and no play offs.

While growing up, I heard people bad mouthing Marty S. saying he can never win the big gam and he is the problem being conservative. Then to see the drought of competitive games or years following was disgusting. While DV brought us back for two years, they gambled big time putting all our eggs in the basket with veteran players an a short window that closed without a playoff win.

Yes Andy has flaws but he brings a much bigger upside that we can't take for granted.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    What I have learned over the years. Moving on from a coach who has done everything great but win the biggest game, rarely gets better once replaced. The few samples where it does, the Heir taking over is a one of a kind coach. In some cases there is some success for a year or two, but most of the time the floor drops out. Unless we know who that person is and have them lined up to replace Andy. I have little argument against Andy running the show. I would rather have the chance for Andy to make a mistake in the superbowl or play offs with a chance to win, then years of horrible football and no play offs.

While growing up, I heard people bad mouthing Marty S. saying he can never win the big gam and he is the problem being conservative. Then to see the drought of competitive games or years following was disgusting. While DV brought us back for two years, they gambled big time putting all our eggs in the basket with veteran players an a short window that closed without a playoff win.

Yes Andy has flaws but he brings a much bigger upside that we can't take for granted.
    THIS.

I get your thoughts. And hey there is a lot of truth to it. When it comes to your points I would simply state that if we had this mindset across the board we would not have Patrick Mahomes. Is there risk hell yeah there is but it can also work out and I think people seem to forget that at times.

That being said the point I am making with this thread isn't Fire Andy Reid. This is not a Fire Andy Reid thread. He's not going to be fired I get that. The point I am making is that if the Chiefs are to win this game it's going to take Andy Reid at his best. We have the talent against some teams we can win with Andy's B game. That is not the case when you are going against the Pats. We saw that last year in the 2 games against them last season as I stated in earlier post. We have seen it hurt us in games this year. We have a chance to get a bye still if we get the W on Sunday. It would still require some help but we would at least still have a shot. We lose pretty much all hope of that if we walk out with another L in a big game. If we are to get that W we simply can not have to poor starts that we had in the games last year. We have to be ready from kickoff not having to fight to get back in the game. We have the talent to compete with the Patriots. They just have to be ready to play coming into the game. If they are not we don't have a chance to win.
    Last edited by matthewschiefs; 12-06-2019 at 03:14 PM.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

The games we have lost, is because Andy tries to manage the clock and ball possession. It ends up failing and lets teams hang with us. Keep the throttle down on Sunday from opening kick off. Don't stop until the world around Patriots fans comes burning down around them. Run up the score to 75 if we have. That way I don't have to hear how they may be the best defense ever.

The games we have lost, is because Andy tries to manage the clock and ball possession. It ends up failing and lets teams hang with us. Keep the throttle down on Sunday from opening kick off. Don't stop until the world around Patriots fans comes burning down around them. Run up the score to 75 if we have. That way I don't have to hear how they may be the best defense ever.
    In large part that's how we have lost many games. I would also add the Packers game was a lot to do with not having Mahomes in that game. I really think we win that one if Mahomes.

Our matchups with the Pats have seemed to be a little different. We just seem to get off to slower starts against them for the most part. IMO if the Chiefs are able to get off to a fast start they should be able to come out of it with the W. The start is the a very important key to this game IMO
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    You're taking one line out of a post and ignoring the rest? I spend the rest of that post talking about our defense getting better. I have talked about that in several other post as well. But you are going to pick one line in one post?

Other than that, Reid is the same old Reid: you know exactly what you are getting with him, a fabulous opening script, then downhill after that. Horrendous clock management, undisciplined offense, etc. etc.

“I can't disagree with this to much

In the AFC title game it could not have been more clear the Patriots were FAR and away the more prepared team. They won in part due to the work they did getting ready for the game and it wasn't even close. IMO”

Sorry man. That’s pandering ***** bull****. You are looking for love on an opponent’s fan forum. We lost that game because Dee Ford lined up in the neutral zone. I have a differing opinion about what a fan is. Be critical of your team, but ON YOUR OWN FORUM. Just my opinion.

Last edited by NJChiefs; 12-06-2019 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NJChiefs View Post

Other than that, Reid is the same old Reid: you know exactly what you are getting with him, a fabulous opening script, then downhill after that. Horrendous clock management, undisciplined offense, etc. etc.

“I can't disagree with this to much

In the AFC title game it could not have been more clear the Patriots were FAR and away the more prepared team. They won in part due to the work they did getting ready for the game and it wasn't even close. IMO”

Sorry man. That’s pandering ***** bull****. You are looking for love on an opponent’s fan forum. We lost that game because Dee Ford lined up in the neutral zone. I have a differing opinion about what a fan is. Be critical of your team, but ON YOUR OWN FORUM. Just my opinion.

If being honest about what happened is "pandering" then I guess I am guilty.

Because I am on their forum doesn't mean I can be real about what happened. I am not going to make an excuse I am not going to make myself sound like a fool. I enjoy talking football and no matter what board I am on will be open with my opinion. I won't change my opinion to fit where I am I have stated every opinion here as I have there. If you want to think I am pandering well I can't stop you but I call it just being real.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast