Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Dear Andy Reid

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    15,106
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,032
    Given: 111

    Default Dear Andy Reid


    0 Not allowed!
    Hi! I've been very critical of you for a few years now. And well you have given me reason to be many times over the past few years.

    Now you have a chance to shut me up for a while. This is a big game. (you haven't done these well) With a W you still have a chance to get the 2 seed and a bye in the postseason. You also give yourself a chance to win the West for a 4th year.

    You are going against one of if not the all time greatest coaches in the league. It's time to step up. It's time to show us that we have reason to hope that we are not doomed to see the same old postseason exits. Please shut me up. Please let everyone point and laugh at what a idiot I am for ranting about you for the past few years. Please do this.

    I don't want to have to yell at you when I am sitting right behind your bench for the Denver game.

    Sincerely,
    Matthewschiefs






    sin∑cere∑ly








    sin∑cere∑ly

    What is a TopekaRoy?

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    15,106
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,032
    Given: 111

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Not sure why it put the two sincerely things at the end but oh well
    What is a TopekaRoy?

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    18,092
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 138
    Given: 44

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Not sure why it put the two sincerely things at the end but oh well
    Because you really, really mean it! Big game no doubt, but I don't think a loss in NE against the Patriots is an indictment on the coach. I remember constantly getting pounded by the rest of the AFC West for too many years. We will the division again this year, 4th in a row. And we will likely be favored to win the division every year for the next 10 if we get Mahomes signed. Reid put our franchise back on the map regardless of this weeks outcome.


  4. #4
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    15,106
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,032
    Given: 111

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Because you really, really mean it! Big game no doubt, but I don't think a loss in NE against the Patriots is an indictment on the coach. I remember constantly getting pounded by the rest of the AFC West for too many years. We will the division again this year, 4th in a row. And we will likely be favored to win the division every year for the next 10 if we get Mahomes signed. Reid put our franchise back on the map regardless of this weeks outcome.
    If it was just this big game I could agree. But if we are remembering history we also have to remember Reid's track record in the bigger games. It's not good.

    Reid put our franchise back on the map for sure. I don't think anyone can dispute that. But we are not that team anymore. We really need him to step up.
    What is a TopekaRoy?

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    355
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 29

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Yes, you’ve made it patently clear how much you despise Andy Reid and love the great Bill Belichick over on the Patriot’s forum:
    https://www.patsfans.com/new-england...s-fan.1150715/

    Your admiration for the Patriots, and apparent great desire to be accepted by New England fans, even at the risk of offending Chief’s fans, is quite revealing.

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    15,106
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,032
    Given: 111

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by NJChiefs View Post
    Yes, you’ve made it patently clear how much you despise Andy Reid and love the great Bill Belichick over on the Patriot’s forum:
    https://www.patsfans.com/new-england...s-fan.1150715/

    Your admiration for the Patriots, and apparent great desire to be accepted by New England fans, even at the risk of offending Chief’s fans, is quite revealing.
    I've not said anything there I haven't said here.

    Do I respect Bill Belichick and the Patriots for their success your damn right I do. How could you not? They should be respected for the accomplishments they have achived? If that counts as a desire to be accepted the sure I am guilty. I personally would love to see the Chiefs do what they have done.

    Do I despise Andy Reid no. I am judging his track record. 20 years is not a small sample size. We have 20 years of evidence to base an opinion on. That's what I have done. I have looked at his 2 decades as an NFL head coach and formed the opinion that he is not a championship level head coach. If having that opinion based on 20 years of history offends someone then I am sorry they are offended. But I will not change that opinion until I am shown otherwise. And would suggest if someone is offended by a difference of opinion then maybe online sports forums are not for them. You are going to see difference of opinion.
    What is a TopekaRoy?

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    355
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 29

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I get it, and agree that his track record as a head coach in big games is not what Belichick's is. And bemoaning this and criticizing on a Chiefs fan forum is not only understood, but expected. But what is the point of doing it on a Pat's fan forum? As a Chief fan, what is your motivation? Just curious. I certainly agree that being a blind fan is idiotic. But being a loyal fan should carry some certain expectations. And one would be not going on the arch-enemy's (yes the Pats are outside of the division) fan forum days before the big game spouting negativity about your own team (or at least puffing up the other team). This is just my opinion of course, and difference of opinion is good as you say, no?

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    15,106
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,032
    Given: 111

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by NJChiefs View Post
    I get it, and agree that his track record as a head coach in big games is not what Belichick's is. And bemoaning this and criticizing on a Chiefs fan forum is not only understood, but expected. But what is the point of doing it on a Pat's fan forum? As a Chief fan, what is your motivation? Just curious. I certainly agree that being a blind fan is idiotic. But being a loyal fan should carry some certain expectations. And one would be not going on the arch-enemy's (yes the Pats are outside of the division) fan forum days before the big game spouting negativity about your own team (or at least puffing up the other team). This is just my opinion of course, and difference of opinion is good as you say, no?
    I interact with fans from a lot of teams in many different ways. I just enjoy talking about the NFL. Hell I interact with Browns fans just about everyday on Twitter. The Pats are no different in that regard. And I just have a great respect for what they have done over the years.

    I mention the coaching matchup because I think it's the biggest matchup with this game. I just go back to the AFC title game. We had the league MVP playing at a level that hasn't often been seen. Go back to AFC title game the Patriots came into Arrowhead clearly better prepared for the game. We got back in the game and had some chances to win. But we didn't lose that game because of Dee Ford. We didn't lose that game because of the OT rules. We lost because of the work that was put in Monday-Saturday. If we came out just a prepared for that game as they were we would have won. If the Chiefs are to win this week that simply can not happen again. If the Chiefs are to win this game we are going to have to match them in the Monday-Saturday work. I simply can not say that in this matchup I have a high degree of faith that is going to happen. We have the talent to go into their house and win. Coaching is going to have to be on their A game. It is a huge key to beating them.
    What is a TopekaRoy?

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,960
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 815
    Given: 1,600

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Hi! I've been very critical of you for a few years now. And well you have given me reason to be many times over the past few years.

    Now you have a chance to shut me up for a while. This is a big game. (you haven't done these well) With a W you still have a chance to get the 2 seed and a bye in the postseason. You also give yourself a chance to win the West for a 4th year.

    You are going against one of if not the all time greatest coaches in the league. It's time to step up. It's time to show us that we have reason to hope that we are not doomed to see the same old postseason exits. Please shut me up. Please let everyone point and laugh at what a idiot I am for ranting about you for the past few years. Please do this.

    I don't want to have to yell at you when I am sitting right behind your bench for the Denver game.

    Sincerely,
    Matthewschiefs
    Fer chrissakes just own up and admit to screwing up Coach Reid's sandwich order and get on with the rest of your life. Sheeesh

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    6,661
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 365
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Okay first I've known Matt for a few years now and have had many good conversations with him and their is one thing I don't question is his loyalty to the Chiefs. He is as a die-hard a fan than most fans and has been supportive of them for longer than I've been alive (sorry Matthews) and for anyone to question his integrity or loyalty as a Chiefs fan is foolish and nonsense. We are all die-hard fans of the Chiefs here.

    Secondly I believe you can be a fan of a team without being in love with the coach or at the very least question said coach when his track record isnt the most glamorous. Belichick is better than Reid always has been and will be until he retires we will have to live with that fact.

    Thirdly if we would've played 4 quarters in the AFCCG we would've easily rolled the Pats but that falls on Reid and his distinct lack of preparation for the big games, the pats game wasn't the only one of last year. See the Rams game also.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The case against Andy Reid
    By matthewschiefs in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 11-10-2019, 11:49 PM
  2. Andy Reid.....
    By ctchiefsfan in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-11-2016, 01:01 PM
  3. Andy Reid...
    By ctchiefsfan in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-25-2016, 01:02 PM
  4. Andy Reid
    By whackojacko58 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 321
    Last Post: 01-12-2013, 02:59 AM
  5. Andy Reid fan from Philly
    By FranciscoD'anconia in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 01-10-2013, 08:48 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •