Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: The gains of our playoff game.

  1. #1
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,123
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 26

    Default The gains of our playoff game.


    0 Not allowed!
    Well, I didn't expect us to win. I'm pretty certain that none of us expected to, even, be here. So, I am not too dissapointed.

    However, I hope the organization takes away from this game, what I have. An exposure. The offensive tackles are, still, the biggest problem on this team. The defense can be exceptional with a little talent at defensive tackle, and Trent Green must not be our starter, next season.

    If we are unable to talk Trent out of a bunch of money, and the starting job, then, perhaps, the Raiders would have a little interest.

    We, absolutely, have to find an offensive tackle. Rather it be in the draft, free-agency, or a trade of some kind, it will be imparitive to find a capable starter.

    Finally, (as far as the primary concerns go) a solid defensive tackle, could make this defense one of the elite defenses in the entire NFL. I like Ron Edwards. But, after three quarters of football, he gets tired. Opposing offensive linemen start pushing him around. He needs to be backed-up by someone who can play at a professional level. We don't even have a decent number two D-tackle. We need to have three, to four strong guys at the position.

    Anyway, That is what I got out of the game, tonight. A good look at the weaknesses of this team.

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    163
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Re: The gains of our playoff game.


    0 Not allowed!
    chief31 wrote:
    Well, I didn't expect us to win. I'm pretty certain that none of us expected to, even, be here. So, I am not too dissapointed.

    However, I hope the organization takes away from this game, what I have. An exposure. The offensive tackles are, still, the biggest problem on this team. The defense can be exceptional with a little talent at defensive tackle, and Trent Green must not be our starter, next season.

    If we are unable to talk Trent out of a bunch of money, and the starting job, then, perhaps, the Raiders would have a little interest.

    We, absolutely, have to find an offensive tackle. Rather it be in the draft, free-agency, or a trade of some kind, it will be imparitive to find a capable starter.

    Finally, (as far as the primary concerns go) a solid defensive tackle, could make this defense one of the elite defenses in the entire NFL. I like Ron Edwards. But, after three quarters of football, he gets tired. Opposing offensive linemen start pushing him around. He needs to be backed-up by someone who can play at a professional level. We don't even have a decent number two D-tackle. We need to have three, to four strong guys at the position.

    Anyway, That is what I got out of the game, tonight. A good look at the weaknesses of this team.
    in my mind, this is your best post this year. I couldn't agree more with every point you have made.

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Jun 2006
    Location
    betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.
    Posts
    1,258
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Re: The gains of our playoff game.


    0 Not allowed!
    even with new tackles,a #1 wideout,new QB, this no-killer, go for the throat offence, is the future in K.C. thank you hermie.

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,984
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 240
    Given: 431

    Default Re: The gains of our playoff game.


    0 Not allowed!
    admin wrote:
    chief31 wrote:
    Well, I didn't expect us to win. I'm pretty certain that none of us expected to, even, be here. So, I am not too dissapointed.

    However, I hope the organization takes away from this game, what I have. An exposure. The offensive tackles are, still, the biggest problem on this team. The defense can be exceptional with a little talent at defensive tackle, and Trent Green must not be our starter, next season.

    If we are unable to talk Trent out of a bunch of money, and the starting job, then, perhaps, the Raiders would have a little interest.

    We, absolutely, have to find an offensive tackle. Rather it be in the draft, free-agency, or a trade of some kind, it will be imparitive to find a capable starter.

    Finally, (as far as the primary concerns go) a solid defensive tackle, could make this defense one of the elite defenses in the entire NFL. I like Ron Edwards. But, after three quarters of football, he gets tired. Opposing offensive linemen start pushing him around. He needs to be backed-up by someone who can play at a professional level. We don't even have a decent number two D-tackle. We need to have three, to four strong guys at the position.

    Anyway, That is what I got out of the game, tonight. A good look at the weaknesses of this team.
    in my mind, this is your best post this year. I couldn't agree more with every point you have made.


    Agreed with exception of replacing Green. Green struggles in this run, run, pass, punt offence the same way any other QB will because it places him in predictable, known situations. Agreed we need to work HARD on the "O" line, but we also need receivers. I agree that we need to try to restructure Greens contract to try to free up money for a supporting cast.


  5. #5
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    1,852
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Well, I didn't expect us to win. I'm pretty certain that none of us expected to, even, be here. So, I am not too dissapointed.

    However, I hope the organization takes away from this game, what I have. An exposure. The offensive tackles are, still, the biggest problem on this team. The defense can be exceptional with a little talent at defensive tackle, and Trent Green must not be our starter, next season.

    If we are unable to talk Trent out of a bunch of money, and the starting job, then, perhaps, the Raiders would have a little interest.

    We, absolutely, have to find an offensive tackle. Rather it be in the draft, free-agency, or a trade of some kind, it will be imparitive to find a capable starter.

    Finally, (as far as the primary concerns go) a solid defensive tackle, could make this defense one of the elite defenses in the entire NFL. I like Ron Edwards. But, after three quarters of football, he gets tired. Opposing offensive linemen start pushing him around. He needs to be backed-up by someone who can play at a professional level. We don't even have a decent number two D-tackle. We need to have three, to four strong guys at the position.

    Anyway, That is what I got out of the game, tonight. A good look at the weaknesses of this team.

    This is your problem!! Your too worried about the defense at this point. You can't score 8 points in a playoff game and win! Our defense is decent now. Indy was one of very few that figured out our game. Attack the RB and we win the game. You talk about Johnsons production this season, your damn right his numbers won't be as good because about 24 other teams watched that game and said "Oh, no passing game huh"? I just think they have been exposed.

  6. #6
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,123
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    This is your problem!! Your too worried about the defense at this point. You can't score 8 points in a playoff game and win! Our defense is decent now. Indy was one of very few that figured out our game. Attack the RB and we win the game. You talk about Johnsons production this season, your damn right his numbers won't be as good because about 24 other teams watched that game and said "Oh, no passing game huh"? I just think they have been exposed.
    Gameplanning and offensive tackle are the two biggest problems, in that game.

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,984
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 240
    Given: 431

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Man; someone went mining to dig up this old relic.


  8. #8
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    544
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I logged in from a different pc than I usually do and saw this one. I thought maybe the "unread posts since your last visit" was using a cookie or something.

    :-)
    You can only have one favorite team. There are no "second favorites".
    -- Chris, resident of Arrowhead East (St. Louis)

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,984
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 240
    Given: 431

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by stlchief71 View Post
    I logged in from a different pc than I usually do and saw this one. I thought maybe the "unread posts since your last visit" was using a cookie or something.

    :-)
    Cooooookiiiiiieeeees!!!!

    I like Chocolate chip! :p


  10. #10
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,128
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 27

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by stlchief71 View Post
    I logged in from a different pc than I usually do and saw this one. I thought maybe the "unread posts since your last visit" was using a cookie or something.

    :-)
    good to see you back in the forums. I wish I didn't have to relive this game though. that was painful.


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •