Thread: Dear Andy Reid 2 AFCCG pregame vs Titans

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,040
    Given: 118

Default Dear Andy Reid 2 AFCCG pregame vs Titans

1 Not allowed!
    Dear Andy

I have 2 simple messages for you

1. Great job getting back to this spot. I will admit there was a time midway through the season that it wasn't looking good. But you righted the ship and once again have home field for the AFC championship. Great job in that. Now bring Lamar Hunt's trophy home

2. You are facing the Titans. To beat them you are going to have to go against your nature. RUN THE BALL. They beat you early in the year when you threw the ball 50 times. They just beat the Ravens who threw the ball 59 times. The air raid offense is not how you beat these guys. If you do the math the teams that have beaten the Titans this year averaged 31 passing attempts. You are going to have to commit more to a running game. You have to keep Derek Henry on the sideline. Don't let him wear the defense down.

This is another chance to silence your critics (like me) please do this. Make me look more of an idiot. You did well the last time I wrote you do it again. Bring that trophy home

sincerely,
    Matthewschiefs
    What is a TopekaRoy?

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,367
    Given: 1,476

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    They have shown replays of last years game on NFL network this week

And MAN did we blow that game. We should be the defending champs.

Time to make it right this year LETS GO

Dear Andy Reid & the rest of the Chiefs team:

Please employ basic marksmanship principles:

POINT THE GUN IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION AND SHOOT AT THE CORRECT TARGET !!

In other words, do NOT repeatedly shoot yourself in the foot in this game.

People's Exhibit's:

-Last years AFCCG. The Chiefs shot themselves in the foot with Dee Ford's offside penalty which negated what could have been a game-saving INT.

-The regular season loss to the Titan's. The Chiefs should have had that game, but they didn't get it because they shot themselves in the foot at the wrong time in the game.

-Last weeks Titans-Ravens playoff game. The Ravens had 29 first downs and 530 yards of total Offense, but only came away with 12 points because they shot themselves in the foot with 3 turnovers and 0-4 on fourth down attempts.

-Last weeks Texans-Chiefs playoff game. The Chiefs found themselves in a 24-0 hole because they had shot themselves in the foot with the dropped passes, blocked punt, etc. Fortunately, from the 2nd QTR on, the Chiefs stopped shooting themselves in foot & started shooting the Texans instead, and the result was a 51-7 landslide in the Chiefs favor from the 2nd QTR on.

Simply go there in this AFCCG and do for a full 4 QTR's, what you did in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarters of last weeks playoff game:

POINT THE GUN IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION & SHOOT AT THE CORRECT TARGET !!

Enough said.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; Yesterday at 05:19 PM.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,040
    Given: 118

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
    Within that first matchup Chiefs @ Titans we ran the ball pretty darn well. So X- factor the one/two punch. Some soon to forget we put up a 50- burger on Houston.
    We were running the ball decently in that matchup for sure. We just didn't stick with it. If we had maybe we would have been able to hold on. That's why to me the biggest thing is being a little more balanced on offense when it comes to run/pass. If we have just a little balance I really think that will go a long way towards the Chiefs getting the win and going to Miami
    What is a TopekaRoy?

Thumbs Up
    Received: 288
    Given: 1

0 Not allowed!
    We just need to load the box and dare them to pass.its the time eating runs that hurt us the most. They need to just act like this will be a shootout and score another 50 points and see if titans can keep up.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,367
    Given: 1,476

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    We just need to load the box and dare them to pass.its the time eating runs that hurt us the most. They need to just act like this will be a shootout and score another 50 points and see if titans can keep up.
    I can get on board with this. Tannehill hasn't passed for even 100 yards in either of the Titan's playoff games, because he hasn't had to. In the regular season meeting between the Chiefs-Titans, Tannehill was sacked 4 times on 23 passing attempts. Titans QB's were sacked 56 times in regular season. If Tannehill has to throw the ball 25 or more times, he's going to get sacked or make a mistake at some point.

New Orleans was able to come from being down 14-0 to win 38-28, and one of the primary reasons was because they sacked Tannehill 5 times at critical times.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 56

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah as really hope that the Chiefs can bring it on. As really this Titans team is red hot. Plus having momentum can hurt a team like the Chiefs.
    ​Happy AFC Title Game Chiefs!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 822
    Given: 1,602

0 Not allowed!
    My question is, what will Vrabel bring to the playbook? He's got to know that we're going to stack the box, but at the same time it's not like he can switch gears offensively with the group he has. My gut is telling me at some point he's going to try something cute (flea flicker, fake punt, reverse, RB pass, put Mariota in and line up Tannehill etc etc) If we're able to blow up stuff like that, it's going to be a long cold day at Arrowhead for the Titans.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234