Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dear Andy Reid 2 AFCCG pregame vs Titans

Default Dear Andy Reid 2 AFCCG pregame vs Titans

Dear Andy

I have 2 simple messages for you

1. Great job getting back to this spot. I will admit there was a time midway through the season that it wasn't looking good. But you righted the ship and once again have home field for the AFC championship. Great job in that. Now bring Lamar Hunt's trophy home

2. You are facing the Titans. To beat them you are going to have to go against your nature. RUN THE BALL. They beat you early in the year when you threw the ball 50 times. They just beat the Ravens who threw the ball 59 times. The air raid offense is not how you beat these guys. If you do the math the teams that have beaten the Titans this year averaged 31 passing attempts. You are going to have to commit more to a running game. You have to keep Derek Henry on the sideline. Don't let him wear the defense down.

This is another chance to silence your critics (like me) please do this. Make me look more of an idiot. You did well the last time I wrote you do it again. Bring that trophy home

sincerely,
    Matthewschiefs
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Spot on, Matt.

KC must have a more balanced Offense this time around.

We have to play to our strengths, not their weaknesses. Our strength is Mahomes and his ability to find open receivers and get them the ball and allow them to make plays. Just let Mahomes play his game and we'll be in the Superbowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    We have to play to our strengths, not their weaknesses. Our strength is Mahomes and his ability to find open receivers and get them the ball and allow them to make plays. Just let Mahomes play his game and we'll be in the Superbowl.
    This will work IF the Chiefs score TD's early and often. But, the Ravens didn't succeed with doing that, and what Matt is suggesting is not to get too pass happy or be one-dimensional.

I agree that we have to play to our strengths. But we also have to do something to limit their strength. Derek Henry is on an amazing run right now. We have to have a little more balanced offensive mindset. Treat Henry like teams treated Mahomes to beat us. Try everything you can to keep the man off the field. I am not saying we suddenly become a run dominate team just a more balanced team this week. The air it out 50 passes just isn't what has gotten the job done against the Titans I don't think that will change this week with the run Henry is on.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

When it is all said and done, if the Chiefs Defense is ever going to turn in a stellar effort at stopping the run, this game is most certainly the one to do it.

Also, the Chiefs can't come out flat & go scoreless in the 1st half like they did in last years AFCCG. This time, they have to be ready & prepared. Given what happened in last years AFCCG & their regular season loss to the Titans, the Chiefs have every incentive to come out and dominate from start to finish.

With that said, the Chiefs did show great character & poise yesterday against Houston, and in spite of falling behind 24-0, they didn't fold up their tents, but kept their poise & stood ready to make and take any break, and the result was the greatest comeback win in Chiefs history.

And let's be honest, the way this season was going at one point, we didn't believe the Chiefs would have this chance, again. Now that they've got this chance again, they must cash in on it this time -- no excuses.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 01-13-2020 at 09:04 PM.

Chiefs must strike fast and strike first if given the opportunity against the Titans. Beat them at their own game, take away D. Henry by us quickly putting up a 17 to 21 point lead. We have the weapons to do just that. A early lead will force the Titains to air the ball out more also screens forceing them to play catch up and out of their game of clock control with running the football. After two previous bruising games they will lose their edge by quarter three. I noticed against the Ravins they were out of gas by quarter three. The Chiefs defense must get them off the field on third down as much as possible. The Chiefs must put points on the board and force the Titans to play catch up and then we kill them with the clock effectively beat them at their own game. Chiefs do not make the bad decisions like we did early on with the Texans. Take care of the ball and the Titains. ( THINK THINK THINK )

Win by whatever formula works best and if that's the run then start by making them account for Mahomes in passing situations which will make it difficult to double team Kelce and Hill.

The last time the Chiefs played the Titans, the Chiefs Defense did Sack the Titans QB 4 times in 23 pass attempts. But, they didn't stop the run & this is what cost them that game, as well as missed opportunities by the Offense.

This where Spags gets a chance to show his wares as a DC. The Chiefs must slow down the run on Defense and cash in on every opportunity on Offense.

I agree with this. The previous game against the Titans we had a double digit lead after doing what the Chiefs did against the Texans, and then Andy went into Protect Mahomes and clock kill mode which is running and short passes. They tried to run the ball with little success, and then tried a bunch of screens and dump offs.

We have force them out of their game plan by scoring every time we can. Force them to pass.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast