Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is it taking so long to bench Drummond?

Default Why is it taking so long to bench Drummond?

As reported yesterday in the Capital Journal.

• Kansas City also could make a change in its kickoff return team. With veteran Eddie Drummond averaging only 20.6 yards a return — one of the league's worst numbers — Edwards said he may try second-year receiver Jeff Webb at the position.

• The Chiefs also are preparing for a change at right guard. Youngster Rudy Niswanger took some 40 snaps in last week's loss to Denver in place of veteran John Welbourn, whose transition from tackle back to his native guard position isn't going well.

Herm needs to make these kinds of decisions sooner. Seems all these positive moves, ie Croyle, Niswanger and Webb is too late to salvage the season. He REALLY needs to put Pollard and Page in and let them get some experience. At this point, it really is rebuilding and we NEED to know if the future is Pollard and Page. If not we need to acquire talent in free agency or the draft, but the O line needs priority right now.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

DRUMMOND isn't the one that needs to be benched, the whole special teams coverage sucks a whole lotta assage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Herm is unable to make decisions that might go against what he did at the beginning of the season.

Stubborn *******.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Pollard and Page have been playing alot. While each has made a mistake or two, if Page can learn how to tackle, the they are both going to do very well for us.

But, I am glad to hear that something is going to be done about Welbourne. He has been pretty bad, pretty often.

I love your analysis of players chief31, but why does it take you and me making these decisions 3 or 4 weeks before hand for HERM to take them to heart and implement them???

I think someone actually made HERM get the internet and now he is listening to us!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Pollard missed a key Tackle that cost us a touchdown last week rightbefore Huard handed them the ball on the sack. That pissed me off - They need to do some good old fashioned open field tackling drills like back in high school.

Quote Originally Posted by YZILLA View Post
    Pollard missed a key Tackle that cost us a touchdown last week rightbefore Huard handed them the ball on the sack. That pissed me off - They need to do some good old fashioned open field tackling drills like back in high school.

I mentioned before that the Chiefs need to get back to the fundamentals and got laughed at.

Some one said if they hadn't learned that sh!t in 5th grade they shouldn't be in the NFL in the first place.

Fundamentals are just freakin' that. Fundamental.

I think the coaching staff is screwing the pooch because HERM is an ex "Player/Coach" and don't want to get on the team too much.

The Chiefs are turning into a bunch of non fundamental talent having b!tches because of this attitude.

Herm don't know sh!t about offense and is trying to run a team that needs just that!

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Herm is unable to make decisions that might go against what he did at the beginning of the season.

Stubborn *******.
    I really think Carl Peterson has come down with a severe case of "Jerry Jonesitus." He's not allowing his coach to make the proper decisions for the team. CP talked everyone in to starting Huard at the start of the season and i doubt it stopped there.

Why do you think you see CP on the sidelines so much these days? I'm telling you, I don't think most of these personell decisions are strictly Herm's. Edwards was talking all offseason about how Webb would be returning kicks in place of Hall. Then, we didn't hear a thing about it when training camp started and then all of a sudden, we're bringing in a vet returner.

I'm officially calling it...Carl Peterson has seen his last season as the General Manager of the Kansas City Chiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by YZILLA View Post
    I just don't understand WHY players think that just hitting the guy is enough. HIT him, GRAB him, HOLD ON TO him and DRAG him to the friggin ground.

How hard is it?
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564
    Why is it taking so long to bench Drummond?
    Because Herm's an idiot and Drummond still sucks! If he played better then the Chiefs would get rid of him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast