Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Last stop for KC. Please make changes.

Default Last stop for KC. Please make changes.

I was so frustrated watching the run, run pass offense tonight against the Colts. Can you be more predictable????????? I mean really...Is it possible to be more predictable and transparent than what we saw tonight? No really, think about it.

I don't see how it could. Everyone knew you would try to run the ball. It didn't have to be that bad of play calling. In the time I've been watching football, I don't think I've ever seen this bad of play calling.

Our offense looked liked a bunch of monkeys fu**in a football. In the 1st half, we have 3 dropped passes on 3rd down and then Trent(grace) Green, trips and falls down on the most important 3rd down of the the half. How do we follow up that play, by banging a field goal off the upright. How far was the field goal you ask? Closer than you would kick an extra point from! Who was this amazing defense that shut down the almighty Chiefs offense? Yep the Colts. That's how bad it was.

This team would have been disgraced had it not been for the defense.

That's right, your eyes are not deceiving you. I said defense. The defense played as good as anyone could have asked. Especially when you consider they were on the field the entire first half. The Chiefs did not get one 1st down in the entire 1st half of football. The D played great.

Funny how it all comes full circle. The last time the Chiefs played the Colts in the playoffs, late in the game the Chiefs elected to kick an onside kick instead of kickoff because they felt they had a better chance of recovering an onside kick than stopping the Colts. Those of you that have followed the Chiefs for a while, remember what I'm talking about.

Whewww. OK, let me regroup now that I got that out of my system.

Whomever was calling the offensive plays tonight should be accountable. I say whomever because I have a hard time believing that this was all Solari's work.

Accountable is such a loose term in KC though, with Carl Peterson running the show. We are talking about the biggest pushover in the NFL.

I hope that KC makes some big moves this offseason. Including changing QB's and in the front office. That's right, I said it, Trent Green needs to go. Queen Carl, goodbye.

Change is needed. The sooner, the better in my mind.

Default Re: Last stop for KC. Please make changes.

Ladies and Gentlemen, if any of you had hope that the Chiefs were going to beat the Colts tonight, you were greatly mistaken. I'm not saying that because we lost, but because so many things went against us tonight.

1. The Chiefs have not beaten the Colts in a playoff game since 1985. Its Been 21 years since we have beaten them in the playoffs, and of all years you expect us to break that streak, its this year?

2. Jordan Black. All season he has been run over by whatever defense we've played. You can't blame him however, because after the preseason and game 1, only Carl Peterson would let him play.

3. Trent Green, NOT. Green had no time in the backfield. It would not have mattered if a 25 year old Joe Montana was back there tonight, he'd still have gotten sacked 3 times. Green is old however and it is his time to go, but anyone who wants to blame this loss on Green forgets that he had (on average) two seconds in the backfield. Peyton Manning had 7-8 seconds.

4. Sammy Parker and Eddie Kennison. Anyone see those passes they caught? If you did please fast forward to post-season wild-card weekend. It doesn't matter if they can run a mile or jump a mile high, a wide-reciever who can't catch is just there for looks. Fire both of them and replace them with two guys who can catch, it doesn't matter if they can't run 20 yards without being caught if they can get the ball for 5 yards every time they are out-producing Parker and Kennison.

But the foremost reason we lost against the Colts and this season is number five on the list.

5. Offensive Coordinator Mike Solari. Go back to the offensive line coaching job Solari. Here is your gameplan, I'm giving it away so that you'll have to do something different next season:

First: Run the ball twice, once up the middle and then to the right-side in a slant.

Second: Throw the ball. Not to Tony G. , he could get five or ten yards. Throw it to Kennison or Parker, who will 80% of the time drop the ball, but that other 20% they do something special.

There, thats our offensive gameplan. I hope every defensive coordinator in the league reads this because next season if Solari is still in the O-Coordinators job, he'll most likely stick to it.

Good Luck in 2007. Hopefully the Hermann Edwards reads these forums and understands he won't win with this current team.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

both gonzo and LJ bit&hed about the stale offence after the game. unless something big real soon happens gonzo willbe gone. he wants a ring. LJ still is under contrat. since the queen and hernie arent going anywhere solari willbe gone.
    we need two tackles,a wideout,and a gaurd(assuming sheilds retires) on offence and atleast one tackle on the defence.
    i would almost use LJ as trade bait. we could get acouple of good high draft choices for him. to many holes and not enough draft picks or cap space to fill with above average players. LJ wontbe happy unless he`s gone. the being stages of a lockerroom cancer.

wolfpack wrote:
    both gonzo and LJ bit&hed about the stale offence after the game. unless something big real soon happens gonzo willbe gone. he wants a ring. LJ still is under contrat. since the queen and hernie arent going anywhere solari willbe gone.
    we need two tackles,a wideout,and a gaurd(assuming sheilds retires) on offence and atleast one tackle on the defence.
    i would almost use LJ as trade bait. we could get acouple of good high draft choices for him. to many holes and not enough draft picks or cap space to fill with above average players. LJ wontbe happy unless he`s gone. the being stages of a lockerroom cancer.
    Unfortunately, if we were to trade L.J. we would gain a hole at running back. With this past draft having been the draft to find a halfback, it's unlikely that the talent pool in this seasons draft will produce any real talent at that position. I would still trade him, if I were in charge, because, there are so many needs, I would rather fill several needs, and leave one hole( hoping that the Priest makes it back ) than to continue to have the line problems that we currently have.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

see who ever is cheaper,trent or haurd. start the rookie Croyle. let the cheaper of haurd or green play back up. we have to many holes to pay big bucks for green to start. i think next year willbe a rebuilding time for the offence. if croyle is the so-called"QBOF" then let him learn live not in practice. Greens 4,000 yrds ayear are over with and croyle can`t do any worse than green did this year.
    Croyle needs playing time and with this boring run,run,pass,punt hermie ball he can learn on the field. if saunders offence was still here i`d say no.

JOPaladin wrote:
    Ladies and Gentlemen, if any of you had hope that the Chiefs were going to beat the Colts tonight, you were greatly mistaken. I'm not saying that because we lost, but because so many things went against us tonight.

1. The Chiefs have not beaten the Colts in a playoff game since 1985. Its Been 21 years since we have beaten them in the playoffs, and of all years you expect us to break that streak, its this year?

2. Jordan Black. All season he has been run over by whatever defense we've played. You can't blame him however, because after the preseason and game 1, only Carl Peterson would let him play.

3. Trent Green, NOT. Green had no time in the backfield. It would not have mattered if a 25 year old Joe Montana was back there tonight, he'd still have gotten sacked 3 times. Green is old however and it is his time to go, but anyone who wants to blame this loss on Green forgets that he had (on average) two seconds in the backfield. Peyton Manning had 7-8 seconds.

4. Sammy Parker and Eddie Kennison. Anyone see those passes they caught? If you did please fast forward to post-season wild-card weekend. It doesn't matter if they can run a mile or jump a mile high, a wide-reciever who can't catch is just there for looks. Fire both of them and replace them with two guys who can catch, it doesn't matter if they can't run 20 yards without being caught if they can get the ball for 5 yards every time they are out-producing Parker and Kennison.

But the foremost reason we lost against the Colts and this season is number five on the list.

5. Offensive Coordinator Mike Solari. Go back to the offensive line coaching job Solari. Here is your gameplan, I'm giving it away so that you'll have to do something different next season:

First: Run the ball twice, once up the middle and then to the right-side in a slant.

Second: Throw the ball. Not to Tony G. , he could get five or ten yards. Throw it to Kennison or Parker, who will 80% of the time drop the ball, but that other 20% they do something special.

There, thats our offensive gameplan. I hope every defensive coordinator in the league reads this because next season if Solari is still in the O-Coordinators job, he'll most likely stick to it.

Good Luck in 2007. Hopefully the Hermann Edwards reads these forums and understands he won't win with this current team.
    Great post JOPaladin! Agreed on all acounts! Welcome to the Crowd!

wolfpack wrote:
    see who ever is cheaper,trent or haurd. start the rookie Croyle. let the cheaper of haurd or green play back up. we have to many holes to pay big bucks for green to start. i think next year willbe a rebuilding time for the offence. if croyle is the so-called"QBOF" then let him learn live not in practice. Greens 4,000 yrds ayear are over with and croyle can`t do any worse than green did this year.
    Croyle needs playing time and with this boring run,run,pass,punt hermie ball he can learn on the field. if saunders offence was still here i`d say no.
    Yes, I agree give the Young QB a chance, he can do no worse than what we suffered through this season, and who knows, he just might be the next Joe Montana, and IMHO give him the chance.

8-) :pint:
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win
    in 2007!!:fighting0068:

I hate to say this, but, I'm not real high on Brodie Croyle. I hope my early judgement is wrong. Unfortunately, I haven't seen anything that looks like a future stud out of him. Granted, I haven't seen alot. I did see him at training camp, and simply, didn't like what little I did see of him. I would certainly like to see more of him. But, I wouldn't look for him to start, next season. Not to mention, that if he were to start, without some O-line upgrades, he will, likely, be killed.

I haven't seen him at all so I would be interested in taking a gander at him on the field in some real game situations.

I would like to see all jobs opened up next year. No automatic starters at all and everyone has to re-earn their position based on their preseason performance.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Guru wrote:
    I would like to see all jobs opened up next year. No automatic starters at all and everyone has to re-earn their position based on their preseason performance.

Why not, it might make for an interesting season, let's find the best players for the individual spots and go from there, might work Guru, never can tell(grin)

8-) :pint:
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win
    in 2007!!:fighting0068:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast