Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bashaud Breelands just resigned with the Chiefs

Default bashaud Breelands just resigned with the Chiefs

I really didn't want to lose him. Glad he is back on a 1 year 4.5 million deal.

Good news.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

This roster is going to look so different by the end of next season. Everyone is getting 1yr deals. #RunItBack is a great slogan for this crew.

Excellent. He did a great job fighting off 49ers like Kittle holding him and making tackles.

Its a solid choice. The draft can't come soon enough. I can't decide what I want the chiefs to do with the 1st pick. Iv posted before I wouldn't be mad if they went RB and still won't but it would be short lived. 4 years max. If he a star no way we could resign him after his rookie deal. Heard this on 610 sports and made since. So for longterm sake I'd probably lean cb, lb, oline with the 1st pick. Anything except De or olb cuz we've done that so many times recently with out 1st picks though I think 2nd round since we disnt have 1st rnd pics but still. Seems all we draft is dline. I think Lb might be our biggest need. Last year spags had to play move linebackers around and out of position to stop the run. So if we coukd find a lb that fits his style more I think it would help the defense that much more but I also would go cb cuz it give the cb atleaat a year to learn before he is truely counted on as our #1cb. Unless you want to take a chance on a cb falling to us next year and then having him start as a rookie. I know we have done that in the past but you seen how long it took our defense to learn spags system that requires alot of communication.

I don't know the depth of lb or cb in the draft. Would either spot have enough depth to last to our 2nd pick? I'd almost be shocked if we didn't trade back and pick up a few more picks as well.

LB, WR, and CB are the Deepest in this draft and you can find solid day 1 starters into round 3 yes. If you want a LB that bad I would suggest Wisconsin LB Zach Baun 6'2 238 lbs, LSU Patrick Queen 6'0 229 or Oklahoma Kenneth Murray 6'3 241 all are very good against the run and very solid in pass coverage especially against TE's. At 32 Alabama CB Trevon Diggs 6'1 205 would be available and he is the very fast and, fluid hips and quick feet with solid hands. If you wanted to trade back into the 2nd round you would only be looking to move back 10 spots at most which would gain us an addition 2nd and 3rd or 4th round pick. and at #42 in the 2nd round CB Clemson A.J. Terrell would likely be their as well. and He is virtually a carbon copy of Diggs he is better at Zone which Spags wants to use more of. Their are about 15 starting quality CB's in spread out between the First 3 rounds. Also 17 WR's within the top 3 rounds

Good to see Breeland is coming back.

Lots of one year deals going around, guess the elephant in the room is getting Mahomes re-signed, then once that happens they'll work the longer contracts around that.

My hope is that Veach is able to help Spags build upon what he's started, and focus on helping the D this draft, especially at CB. The next position might be S (to cover us in case Mathieu got injured). Think the D-line is also worth looking at, in case the situation with Jones gets worse.

Offensively I'd really like to see us focus on our OL and try to build up some depth there. With the re-signings of Watkins and Robinson don't see us getting a WR unless a really talented one drops in the draft in the later rounds. With Bell going to Dallas we'll need to figure out a #2 TE as well. While it wouldn't surprise me if KC drafts an RB, think it'll be a situation where a really talented one falls to us in a later round.

TE Ricky Seals Jones signed with the Chiefs a while ago and is the best #2 weve ever had. So I dont see that as a need

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    TE Ricky Seals Jones signed with the Chiefs a while ago and is the best #2 weve ever had. So I dont see that as a need
    Yes, you're correct C4L - Had forgotten that we'd signed him, so that's definitely less of a need.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    LB, WR, and CB are the Deepest in this draft and you can find solid day 1 starters into round 3 yes. If you want a LB that bad I would suggest Wisconsin LB Zach Baun 6'2 238 lbs, LSU Patrick Queen 6'0 229 or Oklahoma Kenneth Murray 6'3 241 all are very good against the run and very solid in pass coverage especially against TE's. At 32 Alabama CB Trevon Diggs 6'1 205 would be available and he is the very fast and, fluid hips and quick feet with solid hands. If you wanted to trade back into the 2nd round you would only be looking to move back 10 spots at most which would gain us an addition 2nd and 3rd or 4th round pick. and at #42 in the 2nd round CB Clemson A.J. Terrell would likely be their as well. and He is virtually a carbon copy of Diggs he is better at Zone which Spags wants to use more of. Their are about 15 starting quality CB's in spread out between the First 3 rounds. Also 17 WR's within the top 3 rounds
    Thanks for the info. Wr and dline better not be one of our 1st picks or 2nd for wr. Dline maybe for 2nd but still rather our 1st 3 picks be oline, cb, lb in no particular order.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast