My mother is stitting here telling me that they need to put Damon Huard in the game. This is ridiculous. We have some of the most faithful fans in the game and we are always plagued by idiot coaches who can't make the right call in the playoffs. EVERYBODY knows that the Chiefs have a better chance of winning football games with Huard under center. I agree in giving Trent Green his chance to come back this year but let's face it -- it hasn't worked out. It's time for Trent to retire. It's time for Herman Edwards to have the marbles to do what needs to be done to win a playoff game for Kansas City.
It really looks to me like a script:
- Our starting quarterback gets hurt.
- Our second string quaterback plays VERY well.
- Our starter comes back and sucks.
- We make the playoffs by the skin of our teeth.
- We play the colts in the first round of the playoffs.
- Our kicker misses field goals against the colts in the playoffs.
- Our quarterback stinks it up against the colts in the playoffs.
- Our coach doesn't have as much football COMMON SENSE as an experienced young lady (who happens to be a very proud grandmother) and will not switch to the guy who WON games in the regular season and is a large part of why your team is in the playoffs.
Scripted....? Probably not but I'm absolutely sick of the disappointment associated with being a Chiefs fan. It disgusts me to see people get paid so much money to perform their jobs so incompetently. If Herman Edwards truly "played to win the game", Damon Huard would have been starting against the colts in the playoffs at the LATEST.
Yes, this is a long-winded post and I'm sorry but I've got a lot to say and I feel like I've BARELY scratched the surface. So, I will close it out with these few things.
- If Trent Green is the starting quarterback next season, I will not even care about watching the Chiefs' games.
- On a lesser note, Lawrence Tynes should be somewhere else next year. He is too inconsistent and getting cut could help his career. Either way, I don't care. I just don't want to see him missing chip shots in a Chiefs uniform in the playoffs.
- Trent needs to retire. I know I already said this but... R E T I R E...... PLEASE... Have some class...
- I would not be dissappointed at all if Herman Edwards was coaching somewhere else next year. I don't know what happened to soften him up so much to Trent Green but i think that if he was still coaching the Jets, Damon Huard would have been starting after Trent's second game back from the concussion. I don't put all of the fault on Edwards though, because I'm sure Carl Peterson was a significant influence in this matter. However it breaks down, neither guy has enough football sense to realize what people who barely even glance at the screen while a game is on, can. They don't coach -- or "play" to win the game, it seems to me that they play to not only the money, but to some screwed up, delusional idea of loyalty and commitment to a guy that simply can't get it done on the field. This is football -- it's cold, it's rough, and it's definately not nice. You do what you have to do to win. I apologize for the cliche but Herman Edwards needs to practice what he preaches. Dick Vermeil is no longer the coach in Kansas City so why did we have to adopt his baby? I know this is getting long but I just want to throw two names out there: Rich Gannon and Steve Bono. Ah, Deja Vu.... Lin Elliott... D E J A V U...
I sincerely thank Trent for the good seasons and numbers he put up for us here in KC, but if he truly had class as a player, he would have told Herman that his time was up and he had a good thing going with Huard and to keep Damon in. Yes, I'm sure it would have been a bad feeling at times for Trent to watch from the sidelines, but at least he would have had the chance to contribute his knowledge and playoff experience in coaching fasion and MAYBE had chance to wear another Superbowl ring. As it was, they all dropped the ball and in the NFL, everyone knows that you can't hold on to your job if you can't hold on to the ball.
Bottom line?!?! --
- Carl Peterson, Trent Green, and Herman Edwards all need to take a hike. I'm sorry but it's the way I feel. I'm going to go throw up now. :pint: