Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is Next?

Default What is Next?

Well with our Sad season behind us, and the prospects of the same management for the next couple of years, along with the Lady Wrestler to keep us "Fat Slobs" in our place, the next thing we look forward to is the Drafts, and one can always hope in a miracle at the drafts with the Chiefs coming away with some actual help to fill our gaps, along with some off season player pickups.
    All in all it has been an interesting year, and one thing we can count on is there is never a dull moment on this great Chiefs Board, you are a great bunch to post with.
    See I resisted the U Rs (grin)

8-) :pint:
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win
    in 2007!!:fighting0068:

Default Re: What is Next?

We're gonna have to do some wheelin and dealin in the draft to get the players we need to fill the holes in the offense we currently have.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

there `s a signing peroid before the draft. maybe we can pick up afew good players,a dt,ot,or even a wideout. see if we can resign some of our own players. and cut dead beats,,,hicks,wesly,hall,simms,and about 25 others. i think gonzo is 50/50 on resigning.

wolfpack wrote:
    there `s a signing peroid before the draft. maybe we can pick up afew good players,a dt,ot,or even a wideout. see if we can resign some of our own players. and cut dead beats,,,hicks,wesly,hall,simms,and about 25 others. i think gonzo is 50/50 on resigning.
    this is a good assessment, and I really hope Tony G resigns, I still would like to see him break the record as a Chief. Hes one of the great tight end in the game and to use him primarily as blocking back is a great misuse of talent.

Go Chiefs Eleven, win

wolfpack wrote:
    I would like to see Tony re-sign, and allow us to earn a draft pick, or two by trading him. What I mean, is that If he wants to go somewhere else, fine. Let's get together and work out a deal with the team he wants to go to. We sign him to a deal that they like, and they send us a draft pick, in a trade. Occaisionally, a player will do this, out of respect for the franchise that he is leaving.

chief31 wrote:
    wolfpack wrote:
    I would like to see Tony re-sign, and allow us to earn a draft pick, or two by trading him. What I mean, is that If he wants to go somewhere else, fine. Let's get together and work out a deal with the team he wants to go to. We sign him to a deal that they like, and they send us a draft pick, in a trade. Occaisionally, a player will do this, out of respect for the franchise that he is leaving.
    Well it may be a way to go. As much as I would love to see Tony end his career a Chief; he may want to sign with a team that he feels gives him the best shot at a Super Bowl ring much like the way Niel Smith did.

I fear if we franchise TG he will sit out. We either need to work out a deal now or let him go. I like the idea of working out a trade deal that works for everyboday but I don't see Tony going for that. Too many variables that can work against him in that.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

I have to agree with that Guru, although, in this league, you can never tell what a player's mind set is, it will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Go Chiefs Eleven, win

Guru wrote:
    I fear if we franchise TG he will sit out. We either need to work out a deal now or let him go. I like the idea of working out a trade deal that works for everyboday but I don't see Tony going for that. Too many variables that can work against him in that.
    Well like every other player in the league, Tony G is going to what is in his best interest. Hasn't he been franchised once already?

Seems like he was, it looks like player changes are inevitable, when the smoke clears, I'm not sure it is going to be pleasent unless we break the mold and really get some decent draft picks and really good off season aquisitions. My crystal ball is very cloudy, can't seem to get the blooming thing to clear up, Oh Well!!

GO CHIEFS :hammer: 2007

Go Chiefs Eleven, win

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast