Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Herm Edward's press conference after Indy game...

Default Herm Edward's press conference after Indy game...

Quote Originally Posted by timsatt1 View Post
    yes...anyone but drummond!! FINALLY.

things are starting to gel for ME personally...

my 3 players i couldnt stand....huard, LJ and drummond...are out of the lineup.

tammie you are right that our players played great! and our players were good enough to win. but the play calling was just natrocious

TERRIBLE TERRIBLE COACHING JOB once again.

we have to open up the offense. that means mix it up on 1st down.

sometimes run up the middle

sometimes run up the side

sometimes screen pass

sometimes throw it long

keep the opponents D honest, then our offensive line can have a chance, and it all starts from there.

chiefs have a bad bad bad coach in Herman Edwards.
    Well damn boy, then maybe you shoud be coach... I think we did a little of all that today, in my opinion, we had a hellava game. No disappointed at all, but then it could be the beer...

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    What about his dumb decision in putting in Kennison on punt returns? That guy fumbled once, and nearly fumbled again! I would've switched Kennison for ANYONE else after that first fumble.
    yeah, I really was looking for web, they even mentioned that at the chiefs locker room show, they didnt air that conversation, but it didnt happen

What really burns my butt, and sorry if this has been discussed somewhere already, I did not get to watch all of the game because of family functions. What really burned my butt, is the attitude that its OK to go in at the half tied! We had time on the clock, we had time outs to use, but No, its OK we are tied, the defense is playing well, we do not need to try and go up by a score, to give them an advantage in the second half. So what if the other team gets the ball first!

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    What really burns my butt, and sorry if this has been discussed somewhere already, I did not get to watch all of the game because of family functions. What really burned my butt, is the attitude that its OK to go in at the half tied! We had time on the clock, we had time outs to use, but No, its OK we are tied, the defense is playing well, we do not need to try and go up by a score, to give them an advantage in the second half. So what if the other team gets the ball first!
    Thank you!!!

I have been trying to tell people this all day.

You try every time you get the chance to score some points on the Colts.

Herm decided he wanted to give the game to his good buddy Tony Dungy, because he felt bad about them losing 2 in a row.

Herm doesn't care how many we lose in a row. Or in a season for that matter. He just wants to make sure we don't get too many points on the board.

Rep to you for seeing the light!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

The play at the end of the half doesn't bother me nearly as bad as the last play of the game. Why is it that even down by 3 with 3 seconds left Hermie wont take the handcuffs off Croyle and let him throw the damn ball. I almost felt like Herm wanted to run it at the end of the game but knew it might cost him his job. Let the kid air it out.

I agree - those tricky dicky laterals were ridiculous and very well predicted. Unreal - we could have done it with a good hail mary

And if your going to do laterals like that, then keep Parker on the bench. Gawd Parker sucks, and Kris Wilson should be inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post
    The play at the end of the half doesn't bother me nearly as bad as the last play of the game. Why is it that even down by 3 with 3 seconds left Hermie wont take the handcuffs off Croyle and let him throw the damn ball. I almost felt like Herm wanted to run it at the end of the game but knew it might cost him his job. Let the kid air it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by tammietailgator View Post
    I agree - those tricky dicky laterals were ridiculous and very well predicted. Unreal - we could have done it with a good hail mary
    And if your going to do laterals like that, then keep Parker on the bench. Gawd Parker sucks, and Kris Wilson should be inactive.
    Agreed.

I was waiting for someone to bring this up.

Brodie consistently showed his arm strength throughout the game, and should have been allowed the Hail Mary.

I so rarely disagree with the broadcasters, but today they seemed to be reading my freakin' mind.

I don't know if there is even a stat for this, but I have seem more games won by Hail Marys, than by laterals.

The Music City Miracle (which was actually just one backward pass) is the only one that even comes to mind in the NFL.

A lot of colleges have been able to do it, but the caliber of play at all positions is dramatically different in the NCAA, than the NFL.

Another example of Herm making exactly the wrong decision in a critical situation.

Perhaps I have been going about this thing the wrong way.

Maybe I will change my userhame to hermhater, and put hearts, and bunnies in my sig.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

And speaking of your sig line how bout them Bills, 56 to 10 New England.

And speaking of your sig line how bout them Bills, 56 to 10 New England.
    And I'll bet that they were even wearing them at Home!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12