Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else besides me happy that LJ is on the sidelines?

Default Anyone else besides me happy that LJ is on the sidelines?

Welll...here goes my first post... wonder if it will stir up anything...

OK - sorry - first post was a dud... my five year old bumped me and it sent.

Go figure.... great way to start my very first post.... sorta felt like the Chiefs.... all the tools, poor execution.

Sorry, I'll try again...

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Look, I understand that a lot of people here like Priest. What is a bit confusing to me is all the ridiculous comments on how the team is better with him in the game!!! Did you people watch the same game I did yesterday? 19 carries for 55 yards against the Colts Run defense?????? I know a ton of it has to do with the O line but with that said, it doesn't matter who is in the backfield, they will not succeed! LJ is the better back at this point in both of their careers! NO QUESTION! Im glad he's getting a chance to play a little but be realistic. His career is on the down side as I said before the season started and he is clearly a backup at this point. From my view point, he doesn't have what he used to and who ( except a bunch on here ) would have expected him too???? He sat out for two years for gods sake!!! Not many do that at all let alone do it and be effective!!
    I do agree that noone is going to do real well in this offense right now. And the reason I like seeing Priest on the field, aside from the memories, is that he does more things well. He is better at everything except for hammering the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I do agree that noone is going to do real well in this offense right now. And the reason I like seeing Priest on the field, aside from the memories, is that he does more things well. He is better at everything except for hammering the middle.
    Kinda tough to say he does everything better at this point in his career if you ask me.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

Holmes just has a better feel of the field. he isn`t affraid to bounce middle run outside and he`s always looking where the defense is in the 2nd level. LJ dosen`t bounce it outside,middle or else,and seems to worry about the 2nd level when he gets there.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Kinda tough to say he does everything better at this point in his career if you ask me.
    True, but he puts fourth alot more effort in everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    True, but he puts fourth alot more effort in everything else.
    I'm not questioning his heart or effort. However, I think it is funny to hear people say LJ is not trying! Gimme a break! It's basically his second year in the league for gods sake!! I know he doesn't have the best attitude but there are hundreds of guys with the same attitude in the league!!! Nobody here knows what Priest was like in his second year.

There is so much contradiction from people on this subject it's comical. Someone wil say "he doesn't even try", then in the next post they will say "well nobody could do anything behind this line". Then it's "he won't run to the outside", next post " he got a great block that's why he had that long run outside".

He's not Barry Sanders by any means but he waits for his blocks and when they are not there, there's nowhere to go! Damn, if all the fans in KC are on his *** like most here, I am not sure why he resigned!!! Did anyone see his numbers last year?????? I know I know. It was because of the O line Right?????

Does anyone think Tom Brady would be any good if he didn't have the best O line in football??? All playmakers count on help from the line, so for people to say this guys doesn't try and was only a good RB because of his line is pathetic!!! And for everyone who keeps saying look what Priest did.... he had that same awesome line remember.

I'm not questioning his heart or effort. However, I think it is funny to hear people say LJ is not trying! Gimme a break! It's basically his second year in the league for gods sake!! I know he doesn't have the best attitude but there are hundreds of guys with the same attitude in the league!!! Nobody here knows what Priest was like in his second year.

I say that I see a lack in effort from LJ because I see a lack in effort from LJ.

Also, nobody knows how Priest was in his second year, because he was quiet, humble. But to make the comparison fair, you would need to base the "second year" theory on either actaul experience, (Games played, or rushing attempts) or actual time in the league.

By either of those comparisons, Priest Holmes would be at, or near the end of his fifth season. Same as Larry Johnson. Priest had already displayed what kind of player he was, in regards to his effort. And Chiefs fans were quite familiar with his effort as well.

At that point in Priests career, he was enjoying his first season of running behind the Shields/Roaf/Waters bunch. He had already spent one season with the Waters/Shields tandem, and also did quite well.

I believe that Priest was just about to enter an offseason that included his contract negotiations with the Chiefs. (Winter of '03) In which, he did not hold-out. He made it to all of his mandatory practices, minicamps, training camp, and preseason games, while attempting to get a pay-raise.

There is so much contradiction from people on this subject it's comical. Someone wil say "he doesn't even try", then in the next post they will say "well nobody could do anything behind this line". Then it's "he won't run to the outside", next post " he got a great block that's why he had that long run outside".

That is the nature of the beast. Usually, it's the reverse angle of that that gets spread all over the place. Who gets the MVP award each season? Qb, rb, wr, right? When was the last time an offensive lineman recieved an MVP award?

If I make the case that he isn't trying, it's because he saw the sideline approaching, and never pushed forward. He has been copping an attitude about running to the outside, for his entire NFL career. I think he has been better about it this season though.

He's not Barry Sanders by any means but he waits for his blocks and when they are not there, there's nowhere to go! Damn, if all the fans in KC are on his *** like most here, I am not sure why he resigned!!! Did anyone see his numbers last year?????? I know I know. It was because of the O line Right?????

If you are gonna point out his numbers from last year, shouldn't you also take a look at his numbers from this year?

I know that you have read my opinions regarding this offensive line, and that I don't hold LJ to a very high standard behind them.

But, how can you blame the poor offensive line (almost exclusively) for LJs poor numbers, and downplay the great offensive line, in regards to LJs great numbers of past years?

Does anyone think Tom Brady would be any good if he didn't have the best O line in football??? All playmakers count on help from the line, so for people to say this guys doesn't try and was only a good RB because of his line is pathetic!!! And for everyone who keeps saying look what Priest did.... he had that same awesome line remember.
    Yes, I think that Tom Brady would play pretty poorly behind our current offensive line.

And, I think Larry Johnson is a better runner, behind a great offensive line, than Priest is. (Notice I said runner?) But with a poor offensive line, LJ is a much lesser runner, and LJs lack of effort makes Priest a better runningback, behind any offensive line.

Granted, he is not a young guy now, but I still feel like he is the better football player.

I am not happy that anyone gets sidelined due to injury, despite how I feel about them personally.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Are ya still happy?

Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post
    Are ya still happy?
    Coming from a guy who was screaming for Croyle, I thought you might be happy to see Kolby getting more playing time. LJ was as ineffective as Huard, why not bring in the young guy?

(Not an insenuation that you would be happy about LJs injury)

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

I dont even know what to root for right now. It feels like someone I know died. I am ready to cry, I am angry, I want to give up (on the season). I am happy that we can find out about Smith, I am losing hope, I am frustrated. I am scared. you name it other then being happy, if it is a bad thing I am prolly feeling it.

I am usually a very positive person (glass half full) but I am noticing that with this season there is only a sip left the glass is far below half full, I would even doubt it is a quarter full. So far the only redeeming quality I can see is Brodie starting and D-Bo getting some time. I am even ready to bench all of the starters over 30 if there is a younger player behind them, if we are going to go 4-12 then why not do it in style. I would say what else could go wrong but with that King Karl would sign Hermie to a lifetime contract or something stupid. And at this point my fragile little psyche cant take it. Even signing Sperm to anything more then this year would make it close to impossible to keep my lunch down.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast