Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 88

Thread: Speaking of UGLY

  1. #1
    Sweets Guest

    Default Speaking of UGLY


    0 Not allowed!
    Our game with the Cards last night had all the markings of a great game, that is until after the first 49er score, then it was bring on UGLY because the rest of the game was horrible and tedious to watch, but I'll take it because it's literally been years since we beat those damned Cards. Glad to see they are still trying to live off of their "great" WRs and neglecting their Oline...again...

    I love my team but honestly, they played like crap and Jesus H. Christ, Alex can you at least throw the ball more then 30 yards, I think not!!!! Thank God for Shawntae Spencer who's INT pretty much gave us the win.

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,330
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
    Our game with the Cards last night had all the markings of a great game, that is until after the first 49er score, then it was bring on UGLY because the rest of the game was horrible and tedious to watch, but I'll take it because it's literally been years since we beat those damned Cards. Glad to see they are still trying to live off of their "great" WRs and neglecting their Oline...again...

    I love my team but honestly, they played like crap and Jesus H. Christ, Alex can you at least throw the ball more then 30 yards, I think not!!!! Thank God for Shawntae Spencer who's INT pretty much gave us the win.
    At least Smith put points on the board when it really counted
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    2,049
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    You come to a board whose team sucked AND was held to three points by the TEXANS to say that your team didn't play well, yet won?
    Everything happens for a reason.

  4. #4
    Sweets Guest

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    yeah, and?

    We barely won and the game was ugly ask anyone who saw it, I don't see your point at all.

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    4,841
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
    yeah, and?

    We barely won and the game was ugly ask anyone who saw it, I don't see your point at all.
    Sweets, you're missing the point...Alex Smith didn't throw the ball over 30 yards because he rarely had time against the Cardinals pass rush. Both teams played good football last night. It wasn't entertaining football, but it was good football. The problem wasn't the offense, but rather great play by both defenses.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

    Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

  6. #6
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,123
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I didn't get to see a whole lot of the game, just a few minutes and then the highlights. From what I did see, it looked like Joe Staley was doing well as the starting right tackle. Or am I wrong?

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    1,852
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I didn't get to see a whole lot of the game, just a few minutes and then the highlights. From what I did see, it looked like Joe Staley was doing well as the starting right tackle. Or am I wrong?
    He got man handled for most of the game.

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    4,841
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Oh and don't you think that the 49ers have kept Dilfer as backup for a reason. They're modeling themselves after the Ravens Super Bowl team. Great defense, and a no turnover offense. The difference is we have a team full of young studs, as opposed to aging veterans. Willis, Lawson, Clements, Gore, Smith, Davis, etc. By the way, Alex Smith played a lot like Dilfer did in the Ravens Super Bowl year...turn around hand-off the ball, drop 3 steps, dump off the ball...run off the field for punting unit, gain field position.

    Oh and the special teams looked great.

    Finally, the Cards are a lot better, especially on defense than everyone is expecting. Adrian Wilson is a beast, he runs like a corner and hits like a linebacker...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

    Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,330
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Sweets, you're missing the point...Alex Smith didn't throw the ball over 30 yards because he rarely had time against the Cardinals pass rush. Both teams played good football last night. It wasn't entertaining football, but it was good football. The problem wasn't the offense, but rather great play by both defenses.
    I think a little bit of good defence and a little bit of shaky conservative offence. I still think Defence is gonna have the edge early in the season. Offences will get rolling, some later than others!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,936
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 422

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
    Our game with the Cards last night had all the markings of a great game, that is until after the first 49er score, then it was bring on UGLY because the rest of the game was horrible and tedious to watch, but I'll take it because it's literally been years since we beat those damned Cards. Glad to see they are still trying to live off of their "great" WRs and neglecting their Oline...again...

    I love my team but honestly, they played like crap and Jesus H. Christ, Alex can you at least throw the ball more then 30 yards, I think not!!!! Thank God for Shawntae Spencer who's INT pretty much gave us the win.
    I'll not have you speak of our Chiefs that wa......Oh wait; never mind.



Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •