Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: should we trade for a Guard or secondary help?

Default should we trade for a Guard or secondary help?

I read an article about Falcons not going to be a firewall on players for future picks but really I think that means they are just telling the league they're open to it bit cant say it cuz they would lose leverage if they just advertised it. it got me thinking should the chiefs look to trade with the falcons or the Texans since they fired their coaches.

I dont know if they got as for talent exactly that also works with our cap space.

but the interior oline worries me more than anything. I think we could use more depth at cb as well. I know we will get our rookie Sneed back in a few weeks but do either falcons or Texans have anyone that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg to trade for? I dont think Texans would be willing to trade any good talent away. I think the falcons would be more willing to make a fair trade. question is do they have guards that would be an upgrade?

Of the two teams I'd say Houston has better talent overall, but think it's a crudshoot to guess who would be willing to leave either team.

To answer the title question...Definitely go O-line. Imagine, after the Lombardi, and all the money KC has wrapped up in him, if Mahomes went down with a injury he couldn't fully come back from.

We do need better depth at CB, and Veach really does need to make it more of a priority. Hopefully we'll get Sneed back soon, and that Ward returns to form. Guess the big question is who would be willing to leave their team mid-season?

Personally I would go after O line first. With the opt out of LDT and injuries I think that is the biggest need for the team right now.

The D flat out sucked on Sunday but they have been better then that the rest of the season. It's easy to forget after a game like that they really limited last season's MVP and they were the reason we beat the Pats.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

should we go after leveon Bell? I think that would be a great 1 and 2 punch. he woukd be an upgrade over CEH cuz of experience and pass protection. my only thing is we need a guard, lb and cb more than a rb but he is available. also keep in mind it be for 1 year deal and if he would give us a compensatory pick in the draft as well. thats why I'm never afraid of 1 year deals cuz if they any good we get a comp pick

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    should we go after leveon Bell? I think that would be a great 1 and 2 punch. he woukd be an upgrade over CEH cuz of experience and pass protection. my only thing is we need a guard, lb and cb more than a rb but he is available. also keep in mind it be for 1 year deal and if he would give us a compensatory pick in the draft as well. thats why I'm never afraid of 1 year deals cuz if they any good we get a comp pick
    Would love to see Bell come to the Chiefs. Reid seems to go after smaller backs, but we really could use a big RB to keep the clock rolling later in the game. Question is would Bell want to come to KC? Would he be able to fit in Reid's gameplan mid-season?

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Would love to see Bell come to the Chiefs. Reid seems to go after smaller backs, but we really could use a big RB to keep the clock rolling later in the game. Question is would Bell want to come to KC? Would he be able to fit in Reid's gameplan mid-season?
    I think as long as 15 is in KC the answer for most WR/RB is HELL YES
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I seen reports that Bell was high on the chiefs when he was a free agent. it would benefit both sides. gives bell to show he's a team player and allows chiefs to have a top rb on the cheap.

Bell would have to accept a back up role and lower salary for that to happen. Not sure he is that humble.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I think as long as 15 is in KC the answer for most WR/RB is HELL YES
    WR's would be a "HELL YES"

RB's...not necessarily. They like their carries, and Reid's pass happy offense might be a turnoff. It's an easier sell with a lombardi in the trophy case in the background, though.

Would still like to see what somebody like Bell could do for this offense, and give this team an RB that could push a line forward.

Bell is the classic example of what a Diva is. That why he fell out with his teammates in Pittsburgh and now with the Jets. I dont believe he is humble enough to take a vet minimum salary even if it means playing for Reid and the Chiefs. He is a me kinda player. Their are a few FA CB still available that could be had but my question to them if you are good why haven't you been signed yet? It's kind of a red flag for me. And I would rather draft a could of Linemen in the draft next year than trade for them there is a few I have my eyes on that would fir the Chiefs system perfectly. If they fall to the end of the first round, These players Would be either a starting Center for us, or A Starting Left Tackle, or Starting Left Guard. these 3 could reach us in the bottom of the first round.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast