Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: should we trade for a Guard or secondary help?

Default should we trade for a Guard or secondary help?

I read an article about Falcons not going to be a firewall on players for future picks but really I think that means they are just telling the league they're open to it bit cant say it cuz they would lose leverage if they just advertised it. it got me thinking should the chiefs look to trade with the falcons or the Texans since they fired their coaches.

I dont know if they got as for talent exactly that also works with our cap space.

but the interior oline worries me more than anything. I think we could use more depth at cb as well. I know we will get our rookie Sneed back in a few weeks but do either falcons or Texans have anyone that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg to trade for? I dont think Texans would be willing to trade any good talent away. I think the falcons would be more willing to make a fair trade. question is do they have guards that would be an upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    WR's would be a "HELL YES"

RB's...not necessarily. They like their carries, and Reid's pass happy offense might be a turnoff. It's an easier sell with a lombardi in the trophy case in the background, though.

Would still like to see what somebody like Bell could do for this offense, and give this team an RB that could push a line forward.
    Something to keep in mind is how much RBS catch passes in Andy's offense. They will get the ball in someway.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

rumors are very strong with the chiefs tonight. i guess Bell is picking between the chiefs and 4 other teams. also mahomes and bell followed eachother on Twitter today. lol

I love this as 1 and 2 punch. my only hesitation is our oline. I haven't seen bell since he played at Pittsburgh but I remember he was a very patient runner and I'm not sure our oline is setup that way. but Bells running style always scared me to defend against him. but then again CEH is kinda patient as well. But either way he be an upgrade especially on 3rd down as a pass protecter with the threat of running as well. CeH hasn't yet proved his pass blocking so it limits our offense on 3rd down. if Bell our 3rd down then defense still has to respect the run with Bell on the field.

well Chris Jones and Bell have the same agent and Jones and Bell worked out with each other this off season. if you are adding Patrick to the mix of those talking him up. The choice is clearly kc or the Bills.

sheftner is reporting bell to sign with the chiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    sheftner is reporting bell to sign with the chiefs.
    Bell has now confirmed on Twitter :)
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Would rather have an OL there. And in the trying to make sure they protect Mahomes in the long run. Chiefs be warned. As dealing with Prima Donna Bell and a locker room cancer there. Be warned!
    ​Happy Halloween 2021

Quote Originally Posted by JPPT1974 View Post
    Would rather have an OL there. And in the trying to make sure they protect Mahomes in the long run. Chiefs be warned. As dealing with Prima Donna Bell and a locker room cancer there. Be warned!
    this cost us nothing unless he performs.

Quote Originally Posted by JPPT1974 View Post
    I trust the Chiefs not to let him become an issue. This FO has proven that if a player gets to far out of line they will send them packing even if it doesn't make them better on the field. See the Hunt release for evidence
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

this is a no risk situation. also we will get a comp draft pick as well. so bot only will he help us on the field but he will help us gain another draft pick. Patriots are great at doing these 1 year deals just for that.

Hoping Bell doesn’t become a locker room problem. Seems unlikely that Bell is gonna stay quiet coming off the bench, but there’s little question in my mind that Bell is better than our RB2 and RB3 options. He makes our team better if he can assimilate.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast