Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yesterday wasn't that bad

Default Yesterday wasn't that bad

I was pretty impressed with our defense yesterday. Jared and DJ were beasts. Manning was running all day and never had time to get real comfortable. Brodie was throwing the ball well and when the offense was allowed to make plays they came stepped up and executed. I know Herm and Solari sucked and I agree that play calling (or lack thereof) lost the game for us, but we played the defending world champs and out D took it to them for 60 minutes. My hat is off to the Chiefs this week. This has been the brightest loss all year for us. We hung with the world champs all game. Don't forget that the Colts put up 20+ points against the Chargers and the Patriots and only managed 10 against us. We are still only a game out of first place in the West and it looks like we still have a shot. Great job by all the players yesterday. Coaching staff....feel free to borrow my printer to start firing off some resumes!!

Herm will never get fired it looks like.

I agree with everything else though!

We have an offense now and Herm needs to go ahead and use it.

I justed watched Tom Brady's response to a reporter asking if he thought it was OK to be going for it on 4th down against the other team, when they were up by over 20 points.

He said "Our job is to score every time we get on the field. You don't want to be punting. Punting is bad."

Hey Herm! This guy has 3 Super Bowl rings.

How many have you gotten by punting?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I was pretty impressed with our defense yesterday. Jared and DJ were beasts. Manning was running all day and never had time to get real comfortable. Brodie was throwing the ball well and when the offense was allowed to make plays they came stepped up and executed. I know Herm and Solari sucked and I agree that play calling (or lack thereof) lost the game for us, but we played the defending world champs and out D took it to them for 60 minutes. My hat is off to the Chiefs this week. This has been the brightest loss all year for us. We hung with the world champs all game. Don't forget that the Colts put up 20+ points against the Chargers and the Patriots and only managed 10 against us. We are still only a game out of first place in the West and it looks like we still have a shot. Great job by all the players yesterday. Coaching staff....feel free to borrow my printer to start firing off some resumes!!
    A to you, you are right on. Great Job Chiefs, we are getting better.

i agree. our PLAYERS looked great and their play was good enough to win.

however, i think that herm went into this game to try and not get blown out, not to try and win.

he planned on winning only if we got a lucky break. didnt take a risk to where we might win if it goes our way, but would lose by +10 if it didnt go our way.

he went the conservative route, which doesnt win championships.

but overall, i would say you are right it was a good game. a good game that deserves a little bit of constructive critisizm to go along side of the praise.

brodie's first start and i was happy with what I saw.

Still hoping Priest can get at least one big, breakaway run each game, hasnt happened yet.

I agree, every time Manning didn't get a first down he looked really upset.. well I would be too.., but the chiefs played great.. maybe a little less running of the ball would have given us the win!!

Good post Canada - Rep !

I will have to agree. Our D looked good yesterday against a MVP QB. All in all the D looked great.

As for the offense.......yeah well what can be said that hasn't been.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

Well said!
    :yoyo: Win or lose, always a Chiefs fan!

I agree that there were several bright spots yesterday on defense. There weren't many bright spots on offense though in my opinion. They were playing against a defense that had been dessimated by injuries in the last 2 weeks.

Let's hope they build on this loss.

I agree. But, I was very annoyed by the unwillingness of Herm, to attempt to put points on the board. You have to take some risks to beat the Colts, in Indy.

Quote Originally Posted by timsatt1 View Post
    i agree. our PLAYERS looked great and their play was good enough to win.

however, i think that herm went into this game to try and not get blown out, not to try and win.

he planned on winning only if we got a lucky break. didnt take a risk to where we might win if it goes our way, but would lose by +10 if it didnt go our way.

he went the conservative route, which doesnt win championships.

but overall, i would say you are right it was a good game. a good game that deserves a little bit of constructive critisizm to go along side of the praise.

brodie's first start and i was happy with what I saw.

Still hoping Priest can get at least one big, breakaway run each game, hasnt happened yet.
    Again, I agree. I could care less if we get blown-out, or lose by a last second fieldgoal. We had our chances to win the game, but decided to play consevatively, and it costed us our chance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast