Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it only me??

Hybrid View

Default Is it only me??

Is it only me who thinks that the Chiefs run... alot?

They get themselves into this rhythm run, run, and then its the 3rd down with 7 yards to go, obviously they're going to throw, since they only got 3 rushing yards in 2 plays..

Does anyone know who calls the plays?
    I'm not asking that in a negative way, just wondering why they dont throw as much..

I know there is more of a risk when throwing.. Are they just trying to be safe with the ball (no interceptions?) or does the play caller like to see runs?

It seems like all season they've been calling plays that are runs, and Croyle was in against the Colts, and I want to see this guy throw! I know he's got a strong arm!

What do you think about this?

Priest Holmes= my favorite Chiefs RB.. ever.

No it is not just you. That has been a hot topic all season. We need to stop playing so conservative on offense. This has been on many threads in this forum. Now that Brodie is the starter, and with our win loss ratio at this time, I to would like to see what the kid can do, and what we have in Webb. We know DB is a stud.

Well some people think it is Solari calling the plays, and I can't disagree, because I don't have access to the internal workings of the Chiefs organization.

I do know that Herm is the final word when it comes to the play calling, and he sucks at it.

We have been saying all year that this team has the most predictable (which equals easy to defend) play calling.

I would love to see Herm air the ball out. Especially with the acquisition of DBo.

If I were DBo I would be looking for a trade as soon as my contract is up. There is no way he will have a hall of fame career with Herm as his coach.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefsfan View Post
    They get themselves into this rhythm run, run, and then its the 3rd down with 7 yards to go, obviously they're going to throw,
    Unless you play Indy, the you run another 2 yard draw, because the coach is okay with giving the other team the ball and hoping the defense will hold. I think they need to dig out the Dick Vermeil play book. The whole reason Dick ran up yards and scores was because he never hesitated to throw it deep a lot. Which in turn made the run game successful because the opposing defense had to honor the deep throw. The dink and dunk passing now and running the first two downs makes it real easy to stuff the box.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    Unless you play Indy, the you run another 2 yard draw, because the coach is okay with giving the other team the ball and hoping the defense will hold. I think they need to dig out the Dick Vermeil play book. The whole reason Dick ran up yards and scores was because he never hesitated to throw it deep a lot. Which in turn made the run game successful because the opposing defense had to honor the deep throw. The dink and dunk passing now and running the first two downs makes it real easy to stuff the box.
    Interesting you should say that.

I read somewhere today that Herm kept the playbook the same.

Just seems we aren't getting into it very deep.

Herm has no idea what he is doing on offense.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Interesting you should say that.

I read somewhere today that Herm kept the playbook the same.

Just seems we aren't getting into it very deep.

Herm has no idea what he is doing on offense.
    I read that too on kcstar.com and the author of that article didn't seem to believe it either. What happened to the reverses, the deep throws, and screens? I don't remember draw plays time and time again. And certainly not on 3rd and long in the fourth. Herm is full of crap. I give him one more season. If this team performs like this next year, the Hunts will have no choice but to show him the door, as the fans and players will be in total revolt. It's almost that bad now.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

I read that too on kcstar.com and the author of that article didn't seem to believe it either. What happened to the reverses, the deep throws, and screens? I don't remember draw plays time and time again. And certainly not on 3rd and long in the fourth. Herm is full of crap. I give him one more season. If this team performs like this next year, the Hunts will have no choice but to show him the door, as the fans and players will be in total revolt. It's almost that bad now.
    I've hated the guy since before he got here.

He destroys QB's.

I don't think I need to but here are a few.

Chad Pennington, Trent Green, Damon Huard...

Let's hope to god Damon is not next.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I've hated the guy since before he got here.

He destroys QB's.

I don't think I need to but here are a few.

Chad Pennington, Trent Green, Damon Huard...

Let's hope to god (edit for HH)Brodie is not next.

had to fix it for ya buddy.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

Dickie went for scores everytime the offense had the ball and wasn`t affraid to go for the throat. hermmie tries to put you asleep the goes for his punters throat.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    Dickie went for scores everytime the offense had the ball and wasn`t affraid to go for the throat. hermmie tries to put you asleep the goes for his punters throat.

Time for sweeping change!!!! I want a coach that will stick his foot on the opponents throat and DARE them to get up!!!!
    I'm da debil! You have been warned!
    I think this sums it up.

Belichick is an a$$ and wins Super Bowls.

Herm is a really nice guy, and has a losing record overall in his career, as well as this season.

It just so happens that THIS season Herm is with the Chiefs.

That is not acceptable to me.

I say Herm has an "accident" and can't attend this weeks game...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast