Thread: change of heart....on a few things

Default change of heart....on a few things

first off, this change of heart i have had will probably get me more fans on this board, lol, but that is not the reason for it.

I am always evaluating games and trying to see the game as it is and keeping any byast out of my opinions.

First off, I want to say that Herm Hater had it right in the Indy game when we let over a minute run down before the half. Tony G agrees with what HH said. Referring to the ending of the half, Tony Gonzalez says, "To me, that's rediculous. Do I agree with it? nO. Do I have to go along with it? Yeah. I'm a player on this team, and if that's what Herm wants me to do and Solari wants me to do, then so be it. It doesn;t mean I have to agree with it. I wish we would have at least given it a try."

so after seeing that tony G thought we should go for it, I re-evaluated the situation and HH was right. We should have attempted to get downfield.

After watching many games with LJ at back and now that I have seen Priest, who still can exelerate and cut as good as any back in the NFL, not able to produce, I have changed my opinion of LJ as far as giving him blame for this year.

I now see for sure, since Priest has been ineffective for the most part, how bad we are at opening holes, as well as how bad our play calling hurts our chances of throwing off the defense.

So...in a nutshell, I pretty much agree with the majority of the board that our problems consist mainly of two things...no, make that 3 things:

1. offensive line
    2. coaching
    3. special teams, both ways. kicker and return team.

these are the 3 things the chiefs need to correct, but will probably do a lousy job doing so.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by timsatt1 View Post
    first off, this change of heart i have had will probably get me more fans on this board, lol, but that is not the reason for it.

I am always evaluating games and trying to see the game as it is and keeping any byast out of my opinions.

First off, I want to say that Herm Hater had it right in the Indy game when we let over a minute run down before the half. Tony G agrees with what HH said. Referring to the ending of the half, Tony Gonzalez says, "To me, that's rediculous. Do I agree with it? nO. Do I have to go along with it? Yeah. I'm a player on this team, and if that's what Herm wants me to do and Solari wants me to do, then so be it. It doesn;t mean I have to agree with it. I wish we would have at least given it a try."

so after seeing that tony G thought we should go for it, I re-evaluated the situation and HH was right. We should have attempted to get downfield.

After watching many games with LJ at back and now that I have seen Priest, who still can exelerate and cut as good as any back in the NFL, not able to produce, I have changed my opinion of LJ as far as giving him blame for this year.

I now see for sure, since Priest has been ineffective for the most part, how bad we are at opening holes, as well as how bad our play calling hurts our chances of throwing off the defense.

So...in a nutshell, I pretty much agree with the majority of the board that our problems consist mainly of two things...no, make that 3 things:

1. offensive line
    2. coaching

these are the 3 things the chiefs need to correct, but will probably do a lousy job doing so.
    Wanted to clarify, with reading that, and thinking you maybe are coming around to the dark side, that by kicker you meant the field goal kicker, because colquitt is a stud.

Good post

And rep for admitting you may have been a little biased before. And admitting you may have seen things a little wrong. (BTW you as well as others on this board have shown me that maybe LJ could use an attitude adjustment.)

I think the O line has actually been helped by Priest's directions. Not much mind you, but enough where the 34 year old guy can make something where it seems LJ wouldn't have.

I don't know if it was the hold out (doubt it), or his disgust with Herm's play calling (another reason he is STILL my favorite player), but it does seem that he was giving up early.

I also don't blame him for that. Sorry he got hurt when he was starting to come on, but I think he would have sustained an ever worse injury had he been forced to continue to perform with this asinine play calling.

Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post
    And rep for admitting you may have been a little biased before. And admitting you may have seen things a little wrong. (BTW you as well as others on this board have shown me that maybe LJ could use an attitude adjustment.)
    I think LJ could use an attitude adjustment myself!

I think the best way to do it is get an O coordinator who will give Herm the bird every time he wants to call a stupid play, and just keep doing what is best for OUR Chiefs!

Great posts guys! Rep to both!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

I can't findanything to argue about in these posts.

Rep added.

we can only hope and wish that they would get their act together before we lose the rest of the season.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1. offensive line
    2. coaching

The light has come on...they grow up so fast.