Thread: Postgame @ Bucs

Default Postgame @ Bucs

Today was a great day for the Chiefs. With the Raiders loss the Chiefs now have a 4 game lead in the AFC west.

I am going to start with the defense. They were a major reason the Chiefs were able to win the game. They were also huge in the first half. They created turnovers. Not perfect by any means but they were still a big reason that the Chiefs won this game.

Frank Clark has to be smarter then he was on Tampa's final drive. Both those roughing the passer calls were correct. And after we just got that called for us. I do think he had some right to be frustrated being held all day. But you just can't do that. Something I trust will be pointed out to him this week

Patrick Mahomes made really 2 mistakes all day. I was the fumble and that really is what gave Tampa any life at all. Sometimes when you have the talent of a Mahomes it can sometimes lead to trying to do to much. Sometimes it's better to live to play the next down. He was lucky they hit him in the helmet on that pick. But you can't force that throw unless maybe it's a free play. He doesn't make many mistakes so you can live with it. But he got away with one today.

What a game from Hill. He was just unstoppable. Really the Chiefs were. They were the ones that stopped them more often then it was Tampa stopping them. Hardman had what should have been a backbreaking TD right in his hands and he dropped it. All these things can get you beat against good teams. The Chiefs found a way to not let that happen today and that's good but MAN you got to cut those things out.

Tampa is a good team. We went to their place and got the W. That's what great teams do find a way to win on the road. But they just keep leaving you seeing how much better they can be if they cut out all the mistakes. LEARN for it and get it fixed before the postseason. That's the main goal for now. 2 more wins and the Chiefs once again win the west. Lets get one of those next Sunday Night against the Donkeys. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Great game. Chiefs showed up ready to play in all phases and it came down to playing ball control at the end, which they did really well (not running out of bounds & keeping the clock churning). Solid Defense with two picks against a guy with six rings.

Tampa Bay IMO is an improved team with Brady. Suh is still a force to be dealt with on the D. They did a really good job of covering Kelce and Watkins. They have a pair of good RB's in Jones II and Fournette. Very glad they got behind so quickly in the first half, forcing them to go away from their ground game.

Defensively we did a really good job of bottling them up in the first half. D showed up ready to play. Our secondary did a great job against their WR's. Really liked some of the pass defenses Ward was in on.

Offensively Reid switched gears and ran the quick passing game he used to use with Alex Smith. Think this is the reason why Hill had such a great game. It took away anything Tampa could do with their pass rush & put the ball into Hill's hands. Having Watkins back makes a difference. Teams can't just double cover Kelce or Hill and call it good. The only complaint I'd have about the offense was Hardman's dropped pass. If he'd caught that, it'd be an instant six points and would have been a coffin nail for Tampa's morale.

The penalties in the second half were pretty silly. Clark's roughing the passer penalties were legit. Why he did that, right after watching Tampa get flagged for it, will never understand. We did get some holding calls that were bogus, though.

Correct me if I'm wrong but by my math, the Raiders lost yesterday yes? Which puts the Chiefs up 4 Games in the West correct? So with 5 games left All we have to Do is win Next week and if the Raiders lose then we win the West regardless of the outcome of the final 4 weeks. Because we would have a 5 game lead over the Raiders with only 4 games left, which essentially means they cant overtake us for the Division title.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Great game. Chiefs showed up ready to play in all phases and it came down to playing ball control at the end, which they did really well (not running out of bounds & keeping the clock churning). Solid Defense with two picks against a guy with six rings.

Tampa Bay IMO is an improved team with Brady. Suh is still a force to be dealt with on the D. They did a really good job of covering Kelce and Watkins. They have a pair of good RB's in Jones II and Fournette. Very glad they got behind so quickly in the first half, forcing them to go away from their ground game.

Defensively we did a really good job of bottling them up in the first half. D showed up ready to play. Our secondary did a great job against their WR's. Really liked some of the pass defenses Ward was in on.

Offensively Reid switched gears and ran the quick passing game he used to use with Alex Smith. Think this is the reason why Hill had such a great game. It took away anything Tampa could do with their pass rush & put the ball into Hill's hands. Having Watkins back makes a difference. Teams can't just double cover Kelce or Hill and call it good. The only complaint I'd have about the offense was Hardman's dropped pass. If he'd caught that, it'd be an instant six points and would have been a coffin nail for Tampa's morale.

The penalties in the second half were pretty silly. Clark's roughing the passer penalties were legit. Why he did that, right after watching Tampa get flagged for it, will never understand. We did get some holding calls that were bogus, though.
    I 100% agree that the calls on Clark were 100% correct.

I think he got a little frustrated with being held. Our drive before his roughing calls was killed by like 3 holding calls. Yet he was being held all day and didn't get a flag. He had a right to be frustrated with that. But he didn't have the right to do that. You have to handle the Frustration of a game. He had a brain cramp on that drive. Lucky for us it didn't cost us in the long run. But I expect the coaches are going to be on him this week for that
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but by my math, the Raiders lost yesterday yes? Which puts the Chiefs up 4 Games in the West correct? So with 5 games left All we have to Do is win Next week and if the Raiders lose then we win the West regardless of the outcome of the final 4 weeks. Because we would have a 5 game lead over the Raiders with only 4 games left, which essentially means they cant overtake us for the Division title.

This is the case

Chiefs win the west with
    2 wins
    1 win 1 Raider loss
    2 Raider losses
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I 100% agree that the calls on Clark were 100% correct.

I think he got a little frustrated with being held. Our drive before his roughing calls was killed by like 3 holding calls. Yet he was being held all day and didn't get a flag. He had a right to be frustrated with that. But he didn't have the right to do that. You have to handle the Frustration of a game. He had a brain cramp on that drive. Lucky for us it didn't cost us in the long run. But I expect the coaches are going to be on him this week for that
    Most likely the case. It's Tom Brady, so yep there's going to be some holding going on. Overall I like Clark, he showed up really big last postseason for us, just a bad decision by a good player.

The part that I thought frustration was beginning to show itself was when Brady and Chris Jones got caught jawing back and forth by CBS. Jones was going off, as well as Brady, but Brady was beginning to smile, like he was happy to get Jones that angry. Not sure Brady was smiling that much after the final outcome, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Your math sounds right to me. The Raiders could possibly go on a run (They play the Jets, Dolphins, Chargers, Broncos & Colts) while I can see them beating the Jets & Broncos do not see the Colts, Dolphins or Chargers being pushovers for them.