Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 56

Thread: man not what i thought.

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Killer City, KS
    Posts
    1,497
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default man not what i thought.


    0 Not allowed!
    the saints stinkin' it up this season

    the dolphins possibly goin' 0-fer.

    the jets lookin bad.

    the lions lookin good.

    the titans lookin' like a different team every week.

    the afc west being one of the weakest divisions in the league.

    the colts after losing to the pats, looking like a regular team.

    the patriots looking invincible.

    man exactly not what i thought would happen this season.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  2. #31
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    Yeah I remember watching that game live at the time. The Charger players and coaches looked scared to death. They kept turning around to look at the fans throwing the ice at them from behind! The announcers were saying how dangerous it was because some ice could end up hitting someone right in the face.

    If that were me, I would have walked to the middle of the field and said frigg it, until the game was called, or the fans stopped.

    Last nights game proved that terrible conditions can ruin a teams season!

    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  3. #32
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    1,880
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    HERE is an article about that game (apparently it was 1995, not 1994 like I thought). And it mentions that "The Chargers' equipment manager, Sid Brooks, was knocked unconscious by an ice ball." So someone did indeed get seriously hurt. I had forgotten that.

    And here's an excerpt from a 1989 classless Eagles snow incident of their own against the Cowboys:


    "Consider another snowball-throwing incident. In December, 1989, two days after one of the worst ice and snow storms in recent Philadelphia history, Jimmy Johnson arrived with a young Dallas Cowboys team that would go on to greatness -- but now had to face Buddy Ryan and his menacing "86 defense," which devoured young quarterbacks and ground their bones into the green cement surface of the Vet turf.

    City workers had done their usual bang-up job clearing the snow; and by the fourth quarter of a lopsided game, the fans were left to their own devices -- not a good idea in the only stadium in the country that housed its own municipal court to deal with misdemeanors and mayhem.

    Police officers often were posted in plainclothes on the infamous 700 level to collar the more creative hooligans. For example, any fan wearing the jacket or jersey of the opposing team usually required a little help getting down to one of the lower levels -- just a nudge, a push, or full body toss would do.
    Up on the 700 level that day against Dallas, a very prominent attorney was taking bets that nobody could throw a snowball and hit the Cowboys bench from that distance. By the fourth quarter, the police were involved. After the game, Jimmy Johnson needed an escort through a hail of white projectiles."

    Ha ha there's proof Eagle fans are the worst, that line "
    the only stadium in the country that housed its own municipal court to deal with misdemeanors and mayhem."

  4. #33
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    1,880
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by anaeelbackwards View Post
    i think it was when the chiefs missed a field goal but a player from the browns team threw off his helmet, so the re-kicked it and it was good. i think it was the reaction of those fans, im still not sure, but im kinda leanin towards it.
    Yes you are right it was the Cleveland Browns fans, just researched it. We won that game 40-39 in week one of 2002!

  5. #34
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Killer City, KS
    Posts
    1,497
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    Yes you are right it was the Cleveland Browns fans, just researched it. We won that game 40-39 in week one of 2002!
    man was it back in 2002? i was trying to research my memory, it was the year we went 9-0 and then lost to the raiders or the bungals. hah
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. #35
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    1,880
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    The 9-0 start was the following 2003 season. What an offense that year! Ranked #1 with over 4000 passing yards from Trent Green and 63% completion, over 1400 rushing yards from Priest Holmes, and 40 or more catches from Dante Hall, Eddie Kennison, and Johnnie Morton. Then, sadly, in the playoffs we lost a 38-31 shootout to the #2 ranked offense Colts.

  7. #36
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    The 9-0 start was the following 2003 season. What an offense that year! Ranked #1 with over 4000 passing yards from Trent Green and 63% completion, over 1400 rushing yards from Priest Holmes, and 40 or more catches from Dante Hall, Eddie Kennison, and Johnnie Morton. Then, sadly, in the playoffs we lost a 38-31 shootout to the #2 ranked offense Colts.

    I hate Manning even more than I hate Herm, if that is possible.

    He is possibly the only other person, in the last ten years, that has done more harm to the Chiefs than Herm.

    Herm will kill at least two more of our offensive players this year.

    I'll put 25,000 Arrowcash on it.

    I hope it isn't like his last year in NY where it was 5 QB's...

    He has now injured too many offensive players to name.

    Will no one rid me of this menace?
    Last edited by hermhater; 11-29-2007 at 04:08 AM.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  8. #37
    Member Since
    Aug 2006
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    1,540
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I hate Manning even more than I hate Herm, if that is possible.

    He is possibly the only other person, in the last ten years, that has done more harm to the Chiefs than Herm.

    Herm will kill at least two more of our offensive players this year.

    I'll put 25,000 Arrowcash on it.

    I hope it isn't like his last year in NY where it was 5 QB's...

    He has now injured too many offensive players to name.

    Will no one rid me of this menace?
    I can't understand hating other players (unless they play for the Raiders). Manning is good, classy, and unselfish. I root for any good player as long as they're not playing against the Chiefs. They're are very few players that can be described as special and I think Manning is one of them. They should be appreciated no matter where our loyalties lie, again, as long as they're not playing the Chiefs. Who here wouldn't like to say they saw Jim Thorpe, Walter Payton, or Joe Namath play? I'd rather appreciate good players while they're playing than wasting energy hating them.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad


  9. #38
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,137
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 27

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    I can't understand hating other players (unless they play for the Raiders). Manning is good, classy, and unselfish. I root for any good player as long as they're not playing against the Chiefs. They're are very few players that can be described as special and I think Manning is one of them. They should be appreciated no matter where our loyalties lie, again, as long as they're not playing the Chiefs. Who here wouldn't like to say they saw Jim Thorpe, Walter Payton, or Joe Namath play? I'd rather appreciate good players while they're playing than wasting energy hating them.
    True. And I don't dis-like Peyton myself. But many are still bitter about a couple of playoff losses that he helped us to.

  10. #39
    Member Since
    Aug 2006
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    1,540
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    True. And I don't dis-like Peyton myself. But many are still bitter about a couple of playoff losses that he helped us to.
    True, but Payton didn't beat us by himself. It was the Colts that beat us. I can hate a team but still appreciate some of the players. I don't know, I never blame the other team for beating us, I always blame the Chiefs for losing. Not because I think the other team was better than us, but because I think we're better than we performed. One example, in 1997, when the Broncos knocked us out of the playoffs, why did TG run a route at the two yard line instead of just across the goal line?
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad


  11. #40
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,137
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 27

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    True, but Payton didn't beat us by himself. It was the Colts that beat us. I can hate a team but still appreciate some of the players. I don't know, I never blame the other team for beating us, I always blame the Chiefs for losing. Not because I think the other team was better than us, but because I think we're better than we performed. One example, in 1997, when the Broncos knocked us out of the playoffs, why did TG run a route at the two yard line instead of just across the goal line?
    I can't argue you on this matter. Except that I hated John Elway for a very long time. He did manage to win some respect back from me though. The way he decided to throw caution to the wind in the Super Bowl, made me soften my hatred for the man.

    Other than that, I dislike T.O. and Robert Gaithers (The guy who cheap-shotted Trent Green last season.) And whoever that putz that was *****in' about Trent Green trying to block him earlier this season. (Houston Texans)

    But, since Elway, I haven't hated any player for playing too well against the Chiefs.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •