Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: man not what i thought.

Default man not what i thought.

the saints stinkin' it up this season

the dolphins possibly goin' 0-fer.

the jets lookin bad.

the lions lookin good.

the titans lookin' like a different team every week.

the afc west being one of the weakest divisions in the league.

the colts after losing to the pats, looking like a regular team.

the patriots looking invincible.

man exactly not what i thought would happen this season.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    Thank you. I guess when I played football I should have played PUNter instead of right guard. ;)
    Ok, we really need to stop now. lol

"If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    I can't understand hating other players (unless they play for the Raiders). Manning is good, classy, and unselfish. I root for any good player as long as they're not playing against the Chiefs. They're are very few players that can be described as special and I think Manning is one of them. They should be appreciated no matter where our loyalties lie, again, as long as they're not playing the Chiefs. Who here wouldn't like to say they saw Jim Thorpe, Walter Payton, or Joe Namath play? I'd rather appreciate good players while they're playing than wasting energy hating them.

i wouldnt care to see those old players in particular, but i would LOVE to see clips of barry sanders, now that i would have a greater appreciation of his play then i did when i was just a wee kid watching him run.

wouldnt mind seeing bo jackson either.

but i agree, payton...and barry sanders are two of those special once in an era type players.

...not sure if you can add tom brady to that list or not, i never get to see him play, just see his amazing stats all the time.

I grew up in the Bay Area watching #16 lead the original "West Coast offense". I've watched Brady play in a number of games, not sure who hasn't as they're on primetime football nearly every week. However, Brady is the closest I've ever seen to Montana. He's very accurate, makes the right decision almost every time, inspires confidence in the entire team, and makes his receivers better than they would be without him. He doesn't necessarily have the best physical tools, but he has just enough and uses it to near perfection.

As for the older players, sorry but that is the ignorance of youth. Jim Thorpe may have been the best athlete to ever play the game, or any game for that matter. I'm not old enough to have seen him live, but look at his accomplishments, and you can dig up old film on him. He was incredible.

Also Namath, Czonka, Payton, Unitas, Earl Campbell, Gale Sayers, etc. were all guys that if you watch them play you appreciate the older guys. It may be before your time Tim, but watch this and tell me that some of these old guys weren't special...by the way, this one is Earl Campbell...watch him finish this run

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdvVaTbwMrE"]YouTube - Earl Campbell[/ame]
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Okay...I found that highlight and I've now watched it about 10 times...it gets friggin' sicker each time. I love a good power run...
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Here's another...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm1hK_4ky1o"]YouTube - Earl Campbell's historic game vs. Miami 1978[/ame]

This guy was awesome. Plus you get a little archive of Howard Cossell.

Thanks for that Earl Campbell video. He was truly one of the best. And I loved Howard Cosell too! IMO he was the best MNF announcer. I'll take him over John Madden any day.
    That was a classic game from 1978 I think. Campbell was just incredible.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456