Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lamont Jordan Wants out of Oakland

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Default Lamont Jordan Wants out of Oakland

News: According to the San Francisco Chronicle, Raiders RB Lamont Jordan told team officials Monday he wanted out after being benched the past two games. If the Raiders decide to release Jordan, they won't have to look far for a replacement. They must activate rookie RB Michael Bush by 1 p.m. Wednesday or place him on the season-ending injured reserve list. Coach Lane Kiffin said the team hasn't decided what to do with Bush, but if it wants to add him to the 53-man roster, a current player must go - and Jordan has already raised his hand for that.
    Analysis:
    Jordan's request came after being put on the inactive list for Sunday's 29-22 loss at Minnesota - the first time he did not suit up when healthy in three seasons with Oakland, including his 1,000-yard debut in 2005. He started the first four games of this season before injuring his back at Miami, where he had 15 carries for 74 yards in the first half. At the time, he ranked among the top five in NFL rushing. Jordan started the next two games, but with 71 yards on 29 carries, lost his starting job to Justin Fargas. Jordan followed that with 16 carries for 26 yards as a backup the next two games. He likely will not play against the Chiefs if he's still with Oakland, so continue to monitor what develops but don't plan on using him this week in any Fantasy league.

This came from my fantasy league, maybe if they waive him the Chiefs could pick him up on a limited contract to play now and back up LJ after he gets back. Just a thought but we sorely need a decent Running Back and he might be the most talented available. Plus he would love to hurt the Raiders because of the way he has been treated.

Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post
    No we shouldn't let someone who had was near paralyzed talk you into trading the backup because of a dream, especially when by all accounts he rarely talked to the Chiefs over the 2 years he was out. I love Priest and I think he belongs in the hall of fame, I just think he let his pride (or money I dont know the background) get the best of him, and made a mistake that cost the Chiefs dearly.

Best case scenario right now is if this debacle costs Herm - Carl - Solari or any combination of the three as long as it involves Herm, their job.

Enjoy your retirement Priest you earned it.

I realize that Priest was hurt before, but if you will notice he was face masked in a violent way when he got injured on Sunday.

There was no flag. I haven't heard about any fines frm the NFL.

I wonder how much longer the bias will last.

NFL seems to want to just make the Chiefs go away.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

No we shouldn't let someone who had was near paralyzed talk you into trading the backup because of a dream, especially when by all accounts he rarely talked to the Chiefs over the 2 years he was out. I love Priest and I think he belongs in the hall of fame, I just think he let his pride (or money I dont know the background) get the best of him, and made a mistake that cost the Chiefs dearly.

Best case scenario right now is if this debacle costs Herm - Carl - Solari or any combination of the three as long as it involves Herm, their job.

Enjoy your retirement Priest you earned it.
    How does Priest coming back have anything to do with our losing season? Trading Bennet was good reguardless. Bennet sucks, always has always will. I bet he gets hurt before the seasons end!

Quote Originally Posted by Polleo Pit Man View Post
    How does Priest coming back have anything to do with our losing season? Trading Bennet was good reguardless. Bennet sucks, always has always will. I bet he gets hurt before the seasons end!
    Bullsh!t!

Bennet is pretty damn good.

And now we don't have him.

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Bullsh!t!

Bennet is pretty damn good.

And now we don't have him.

He's quick but look back through his career! He always gets HURT! Vikings, Saints, Chiefs....same thing

Quote Originally Posted by Polleo Pit Man View Post
    He's quick but look back through his career! He always gets HURT! Vikings, Saints, Chiefs....same thing
    So are LJ and Priest...

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    So are LJ and Priest...

This is the first time LJ has ever really been hurt. Priest is 34, but I figured if anyone could come back it was him. I am ok with Kolby until he shows me different.

My point was, any running back can get hurt.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by timsatt1 View Post
    i dont even think priest made more money by coming back and playing. i could be wrong.

i personally think he came back because he thought he could impact the team positively.

And I think he did. I also think is he could stay as something like a position coach, a player/coach (not on the roster, and not actually full contact stuff) something like that I think he could still make a huge impact.
    Maybe the biggest impact he could make on the team he did in the determination to come back, although I think this was a mistake.

...if only life worked out the way we plan it to. i think...although im not sure how old you are, you have lived life long enough to realize that life is extremely unpredictable.

I believe that life is extremely predictable but I feel this injury was predictable, it was wishful thinking that Priest was healed.

...and with injuries, you don't know until you go out and try.

i am not getting upset with your opinion, it is simply that, an opinion.

...but my eyes see different than do yours.

...you are a big lj fan....is there some BIASED (Fixed your spelling again lol ) in your opinion??? lj and priest werent exactly the best of friends during their careers.
    No there is absolutely no bias in this, I love Priest, I just think that this was a poor choice and has cost the Chiefs, I am sure he wanted to return, but sometimes wanting something isn't enough and you have to think with your head not your heart. Priest will forever be one of the all time greats in my opinion. I just think he made one very poor decision, and I hope it doesn't affect his quality of life in the future.
    Everyone seems to be taking this that I don't like Priest, I love Priest, but since he is alive to retire I feel that I can question his decision or his motives in this decision, I could very well be wrong, and I think that now he has made the right decision, but I do feel that he waited too long. I also feel like the big brother on this one, I would be very very protective if I was on another board and someone was bashing Priest. I just feel he made a bad decision.

Everyone seems to be taking this that I don't like Priest, I love Priest, but since he is alive to retire I feel that I can question his decision or his motives in this decision, I could very well be wrong, and I think that now he has made the right decision, but I do feel that he waited too long. I also feel like the big brother on this one, I would be very very protective if I was on another board and someone was bashing Priest. I just feel he made a bad decision.
    It just seems awfully easy for you to judge a situation that you so clearly don't understand. You said in a previous post that he was almost paralyzed. When did you become a doctor and why did you not inform Priest and all the doctors and neurologists who cleared him to play and tell them that he couldn't. If you know these things and did not share them, then I feel you have let this team and organization down by allowing us to get Priest back and get rid of Bennett and not letting us know that everyone was wrong. I feel if there is any finger pointing or blaming going on here then the whole situation is your fault as you have so clearly pointed out what no one else could possibly have known.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    It just seems awfully easy for you to judge a situation that you so clearly don't understand. You said in a previous post that he was almost paralyzed. When did you become a doctor and why did you not inform Priest and all the doctors and neurologists who cleared him to play and tell them that he couldn't. If you know these things and did not share them, then I feel you have let this team and organization down by allowing us to get Priest back and get rid of Bennett and not letting us know that everyone was wrong. I feel if there is any finger pointing or blaming going on here then the whole situation is your fault as you have so clearly pointed out what no one else could possibly have known.
    so true.

...and now you make this post about Priest AFTER he is injured and retired. That is easy. It would be a whole nother story if you just made this long post WHILE HE WAS STILL PLAYING.

it is so easy to look in hind site and say how it should have been. Life is current, not past, so we only know what has happened, not what is going to happen.

It reminds me of the democrats that actually VOTED FOR THE IRAQ WAR how Bush made a huge mistake.

umm...duh. i mean we NOW know that it probably would have been better to not have invaded iraq. but that is easy to say 5 years after we invade.

but when we have a mad man not allowing us to check his country for WMDs and we think he may have some...well we have to do what we have to do based on what we know. so many dems voted for us to go in and given the scenerio AT THE TIME wasnt the worse idea in the world. We figured we would get in and get out.

....things just didnt go as planned...kind of like life. kind of like Priest's comeback.

had we gone into iraq and when bush announced our victory...it was truly over, we would be praising Bush saying what a great job he did!!

....had priest came back and lead us to the playoffs this year and had a good year next year before he retired we would have said WOW, THIS GUY WAS AMAZING FOR COMING BACK aND GETTING 2 more years in before he retired and really helped the CHIEFS!!!!!

and if that was the case then you wouldnt have come in here and posted what you did.

...but since what happened did happen and you see it in hindsight that it was a bad decision.....you come in here and tell us what we NOW already know...but didnt know then. and you didnt know then. you might have assumed. but you didnt know if priest wouldnt finish this year and also play all of next year, then retire. you didnt.
    Last edited by timsatt1; 11-24-2007 at 01:19 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast