Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So who will win the SB???

Default So who will win the SB???

Colts or Bears?

Personally I hope the Bears slap Manning around like a red headed step child.

(Apologies, in advance, to all red headed step children who may be reading this.)

...Wish we could post polls here; really makes me glad we're going to vBulletin. :-D

Default Re: So who will it be in the SB???

I will go out on a big limb and say that the Colts and Bears will be in the Super Bowl. I would say the Bears win, unless Tony takes Lovey out to dinner before the Superbowl.

8-) :pint:
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win
    in 2007!!:fighting0068:

kenny1937 wrote:
    I will go out on a big limb and say that the Colts and Bears will be in the Super Bowl. I would say the Bears win, unless Tony takes Lovey out to dinner before the Superbowl.

Yeah, I meant to imply who would win the SB not who will be in it; that had already been decided when I posted this thread.

:-D
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win

I'll take the Colts. The AFC was better all year, and I think this will show in the superbowl. I do think that the Bears matchup well with the Colts though.

2 of the 3 Bears losses this year were against AFC opponents. Those two losses were against Miami and New England. The Colts beat Miami once, and beat the Patriots twice.

Regarding the points, the Bears are succeptible to teams with decent offenses. They just didn't have to play many since they are in the NFC North(Det, GB, Minn). They gave up on average 17 pts against the teams that I would consider decent offenses. None of those teams have the offensive firepower that the Colts do. Combine that with the stage being the superbowl and it means points for the Colts. The Bears offense is just inconsistent enough to keep the Indy defense guessing. Add in a few Def/Spec Teams plays by Chicago and I think the Bears score in the teens or low 20's.

With all of the above and add in a warm weather climate, I like the Colts against the spread and the OVER. Colts 31-20.

That's my .02

admin wrote:
    I'll take the Colts. The AFC was better all year, and I think this will show in the superbowl. I do think that the Bears matchup well with the Colts though.

2 of the 3 Bears losses this year were against AFC opponents. Those two losses were against Miami and New England. The Colts beat Miami once, and beat the Patriots twice.

Regarding the points, the Bears are succeptible to teams with decent offenses. They just didn't have to play many since they are in the NFC North(Det, GB, Minn). They gave up on average 17 pts against the teams that I would consider decent offenses. None of those teams have the offensive firepower that the Colts do. Combine that with the stage being the superbowl and it means points for the Colts. The Bears offense is just inconsistent enough to keep the Indy defense guessing. Add in a few Def/Spec Teams plays by Chicago and I think the Bears score in the teens or low 20's.

With all of the above and add in a warm weather climate, I like the Colts against the spread and the OVER. Colts 31-20.

That's my .02
    .02 worth reading. You make an excellent point with good stats to support your hypothises, however, I'm counting on the game being played on the field and not on paper. Good post! :-D

Having read your post coach, you do make some good points, looking at it objectively, I have to admit that Peyton is the better QB, Rex, is too inconsistent, and the colts have played tougher ball in the playoffs, ie, teams in the playoff have not been able to run against them like the teams in the regular season was able to. I agree that the AFC is the tougher league, but the Super Bowl can be the place where teams play over their heads, and any thing could happen. It ought to be interesting.

Go Chiefs Eleven, win

kenny1937 wrote:
    Having read your post coach, you do make some good points, looking at it objectively, I have to admit that Peyton is the better QB, Rex, is too inconsistent, and the colts have played tougher ball in the playoffs, ie, teams in the playoff have not been able to run against them like the teams in the regular season was able to. I agree that the AFC is the tougher league, but the Super Bowl can be the place where teams play over their heads, and any thing could happen. It ought to be interesting.

I agree with you here. I was sharing how it should work out in my mind. This season was one where everything was the exact opposite of what you would think though.

admin wrote:

I agree with you here. I was sharing how it should work out in my mind. This season was one where everything was the exact opposite of what you would think though.

Man; ditto that! If you would have told me at that after week one that the chiefs would go to the playoffs I would have said you were crazy! :-)

Chiefster wrote:
    admin wrote:

Man; ditto that! If you would have told me at that after week one that the chiefs would go to the playoffs I would have said you were crazy! :-)
    I agree with both of you, this has been a topsy turvy season, and this board has been a great pleasure to this old fan, keep up the good work coach, this is a quality board, with quality people posting on it. We have had a bad moment or two, but all in all, this is the best most civilized board on the web. Thanks again.

Go Chiefs Eleven, win

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast