Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else besides me happy that LJ is on the sidelines?

Default Anyone else besides me happy that LJ is on the sidelines?

Welll...here goes my first post... wonder if it will stir up anything...

OK - sorry - first post was a dud... my five year old bumped me and it sent.

Go figure.... great way to start my very first post.... sorta felt like the Chiefs.... all the tools, poor execution.

Sorry, I'll try again...

we already had this convo..

firs off, welcome to the boards.

i am the only one here on this board that is glad LJ is not playing anymore.

everyone else wishes he was still starting.

LJ has been ineffective all year. You could put any nfl runningback back there for the chiefs and they couldnt do anything worse than LJ.

Quote Originally Posted by timsatt1 View Post
    we already had this convo..

firs off, welcome to the boards.

i am the only one here on this board that is glad LJ is not playing anymore.

everyone else wishes he was still starting.

LJ has been ineffective all year. You could put any nfl runningback back there for the chiefs and they couldnt do anything worse than LJ.
    You're not the only one. I'm right there with you. I'm not happy an injury took him out. He had become totally ineffective this season and was most likely looking at decreased playing time anyways. I think that they would have started more of a rotation as the season wore on. We had just started to see that before he got hurt.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

OK, reasons I don't like Larry Johnson:

1 - Held out at camp for more money. How about playing for the LOVE of the game!?! As I was sitting watching the game today, I said to my husband, "Man, wouldn't it be GREAT to get paid for playing a game that you absolutely love? What a dream job!" OK, OK, I know that is awfully "Polly-Annish" but wouldn't we all like to go to a job that pays us to play a sport we really loved? Better then sitting in some cubicle, wasting away...

2 - He lacks class. If I see him stomp his feet and throw his helmet when he isn't happy one more time, I'm gonna tell him to sit in the corner for a time-out, like I do when my FIVE YEAR OLD acts like that.

3 - His talent for breaking tackles and running UP FIELD seemed to have been lost in the salary negotiations. Aren't we paying him to RUN?! Then run and quit whining, danggit!!

4 - He is a locker room cancer. The rap song that "wasn't him", the whining and complaining and finger pointing. Enough already.

5 - We are a better, CLASSIER, team without him. I almost peed my pants when I heard that LJ was out and Priest was in!!! Priest exudes class and will actually fight for yardage. Gotta love having a guy like that in the backfield.

OK, I am sure there are plenty more reasons why I don't like LJ, but I'll sign off for now.

I guess with the messed up first post, that officially makes this my 2nd post.

...rock on...

Quote Originally Posted by springchief View Post

1 - Held out at camp for more money. How about playing for the LOVE of the game!?! As I was sitting watching the game today, I said to my husband, "Man, wouldn't it be GREAT to get paid for playing a game that you absolutely love? What a dream job!" OK, OK, I know that is awfully "Polly-Annish" but wouldn't we all like to go to a job that pays us to play a sport we really loved? Better then sitting in some cubicle, wasting away...

2 - He lacks class. If I see him stomp his feet and throw his helmet when he isn't happy one more time, I'm gonna tell him to sit in the corner for a time-out, like I do when my FIVE YEAR OLD acts like that.

3 - His talent for breaking tackles and running UP FIELD seemed to have been lost in the salary negotiations. Aren't we paying him to RUN?! Then run and quit whining, danggit!!

4 - He is a locker room cancer. The rap song that "wasn't him", the whining and complaining and finger pointing. Enough already.

5 - We are a better, CLASSIER, team without him. I almost peed my pants when I heard that LJ was out and Priest was in!!! Priest exudes class and will actually fight for yardage. Gotta love having a guy like that in the backfield.

OK, I am sure there are plenty more reasons why I don't like LJ, but I'll sign off for now.

...rock on...
    yes, finally someone i can relate to. I have shared all these things, but there are some hardcore LJ fans here, i sure dont understand why, but there are...and they keep backing him up after i say these exact same things.

I always have said that LJ plays for TEAM LJ not for the actual Chiefs team.

as far as him holding out for more money...i dont have a problem with that.....the nfl is a business. supply and demand. he brings in a lot of revenue for the owners. That wasnt wrong. it was wrong of the owners to go ahead and give him that money.

everything else you mentioned i agree with and LJ sucks.

Priest has been doing a better job than LJ the last few games.

I think a lot of it today was being patient with his blocks (and actually getting some, something LJ got very few of them).

It has never bothered me that Priest is in the game, just that some people were happy that it took an injury for it to happen.

I think with Brodie in the line looked so much better, partly because our QB was mobile and the D was a little wary of him.

That is until they realized Herm wasn't gonna use his talent. Then they swarmed us.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    You're not the only one. I'm right there with you. I'm not happy an injury took him out. He had become totally ineffective this season and was most likely looking at decreased playing time anyways. I think that they would have started more of a rotation as the season wore on. We had just started to see that before he got hurt.

i disagree. i think CP has too much pride to not play LJ on the majority of plays. it would make him look bad if we signed LJ for all that money, then priest was getting more attempts or close to as many attempts as LJ.

had lj NOT gotten hurt, priest would continue to see very limited action, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by springchief View Post

...rock on...
    Well I've said these same things here before. I have great respect for Dick Vermeil and admired how his players respected and loved him. You would be hard pressed to find any player to speak badly of Vermeil. He did not like LJ. I felt then, like I still do now, that Vermeil was a good judge of character and that there was a good reason Vermeil did not like LJ. Now we are starting to see why.

Honestly, the Chiefs should seek a trade in the offseason and bite the money he will take on the cap. Either develop Smith or draft a high RB and let Priest help to develop him. Unless the O line makes a dramatic turn for the best, LJ is not a good match and will be severely limited. Not to mention his on field and locker room behavior sucks.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    Well I've said these same things here before. I have great respect for Dick Vermeil and admired how his players respected and loved him. You would be hard pressed to find any player to speak badly of Vermeil. He did not like LJ. I felt then, like I still do now, that Vermeil was a good judge of character and that there was a good reason Vermeil did not like LJ. Now we are starting to see why.

Honestly, the Chiefs should seek a trade in the offseason and bite the money he will take on the cap. Either develop Smith or draft a high RB and let Priest help to develop him. Unless the O line makes a dramatic turn for the best, LJ is not a good match and will be severely limited. Not to mention his on field and locker room behavior sucks.
    if we could get something good for an LJ trade that would be worth it...i would LOVE to see it!!!! smith can do what lj does, run it up the gut. we dont need lj.

Quote Originally Posted by timsatt1 View Post
    yes, finally someone i can relate to. I have shared all these things, but there are some hardcore LJ fans here, i sure dont understand why, but there are...and they keep backing him up after i say these exact same things.

I always have said that LJ plays for TEAM LJ not for the actual Chiefs team.

as far as him holding out for more money...i dont have a problem with that.....the nfl is a business. supply and demand. he brings in a lot of revenue for the owners. That wasnt wrong. it was wrong of the owners to go ahead and give him that money.

everything else you mentioned i agree with and LJ sucks.
    First of all, sorry if I am rehashing points made previously. I just joined today... and I didn't go back through to read all the other posts because I wanted to jump right in on the discussions. So, please be kind to me! :
    OK, back to dishin' about the Chiefs...
    I have NEVER liked LJ... I always had a bad feeling about him. He seems more RAIDER material, if you ask me.
    On another note...
    I am seriously starting to wonder if all of these games are thrown. It seems that the WACKIEST and STOOOPIDIST things are happening recently.
    Vinatieri has missed HOW many field goals recently? Seriously? I know he has a bum leg, but it just seems a little crazy.
    I gotta run and fix dinner for my family and my son is asking about Pilgrims and Indians, so better things are calling...
    I will rejoin the discussion on another day.
    This seems like a fun place to play!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast