Thread: Post game afc champions

Default Post game afc champions

So as it turns out a team that went to Buffalo and beat the Bills can beat the Bills Some in the national media are shocked by this.

Offense was on their game for the most part of that game. When this offense isn't stopping itself they have yet to really be stopped by anyone. They are going to have to be on their game 1 more time.

Defense WOW outside of the muffed punt Td they didn't give the Bills much. That was an offense that was on fire coming in. Just an all around impressive outing from those guys. As I have said all season long the bigger the game the better they show up.

A lot of chippy stuff there at the end. Josh Allen will probably feel silly about the throwing the ball into a defenders face. We have never seen Mahomes do anything like that. In fact we saw Mahomes being a leader and make sure none of our guys ran on the field. Allen still has some growing to do as a leader and it showed tonight.

The Chiefs are going back to Tampa. They already went to Tampa and smack them around earlier in the season and like Buffalo since the Bucs have been on fire. The Chiefs are going to have their hands full if they are going to repeat. But they should be able to get the job done. LETS RUN IT BACK GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Hat's off to the KANSAS CITY CHIEFS AFC CHAMPIONS back to back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great game that lived up to the hype. Buffalo is a much improved team and I fully expect to have to face them again in the playoffs down the road. They're in a situation like we were for some years where we could dominate our division but not in the playoffs.

Defensively think this was the best game of the entire season. We were consistently shutting down their run game, and putting pressure on their QB and receivers. The only consistent threat they had all game was when Allen scrambled. Everything else was hit or miss.

Our offense, once it got rolling was pretty much unstoppable. Outside of a couple of bad drops, we were consistently punching through them when needed. Kelce and Hill had a monster game. Really like the way they went back to Hardman and gave him a chance to redeem himself.

Where I think need to improve is ST. We have been really sloppy overall on ST, Toub usually runs a tighter ship.

Hopefully we'll get some better news about Fisher and Snead. Fully expect Tampa to do what it can to take advantage of Fisher's absence on the O-line.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Hat's off to the KANSAS CITY CHIEFS AFC CHAMPIONS back to back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great game that lived up to the hype. Buffalo is a much improved team and I fully expect to have to face them again in the playoffs down the road. They're in a situation like we were for some years where we could dominate our division but not in the playoffs.

Defensively think this was the best game of the entire season. We were consistently shutting down their run game, and putting pressure on their QB and receivers. The only consistent threat they had all game was when Allen scrambled. Everything else was hit or miss.

Our offense, once it got rolling was pretty much unstoppable. Outside of a couple of bad drops, we were consistently punching through them when needed. Kelce and Hill had a monster game. Really like the way they went back to Hardman and gave him a chance to redeem himself.

Where I think need to improve is ST. We have been really sloppy overall on ST, Toub usually runs a tighter ship.

Hopefully we'll get some better news about Fisher and Snead. Fully expect Tampa to do what it can to take advantage of Fisher's absence on the O-line.
    Reid said post game it doesn't look good for Fisher.

ST really I have been saying for weeks Hardman is not a good return guy. He just makes poor choices and has put the ball on the ground a few different times. Pringle could be an options they have been using him on the kick returns let him also return the punts and let Hardman be a WR. He has shown he can make plays. Did so tonight. LET him be what he is a WR.

If we get the same pressure on Brady as we did on Allen tonight we will win. Brady is not going to be able to do what Allen did with his legs. Up to them to make that happen
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

YES, Congratulations to the CHIEFS on their great season, and to make a run through the playoffs, and heading back to the Super Bowl. 2021 is starting off great. GO CHIEFS.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Reid said post game it doesn't look good for Fisher.

ST really I have been saying for weeks Hardman is not a good return guy. He just makes poor choices and has put the ball on the ground a few different times. Pringle could be an options they have been using him on the kick returns let him also return the punts and let Hardman be a WR. He has shown he can make plays. Did so tonight. LET him be what he is a WR.

If we get the same pressure on Brady as we did on Allen tonight we will win. Brady is not going to be able to do what Allen did with his legs. Up to them to make that happen
    Granted, Hardman did mess up in a big way with that return, but the thing of it is, it's not just the return man. Way too many times this season we've been flagged for illegal blocks, wiping out some huge gains by our return guys. We could very well find ourselves in a situation where a good ST play is the make or break point of the next game.

You're probably right about moving Hardman to being a dedicated WR only. The Chiefs right now have an interesting problem with having to WR's that are doing really well for the team on the lower part of the roster. Pringle has become more and more of a factor in the gameplan, so my guess is rotating them both in at PR/KR duty is the best way to give both of them an opportunity on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by footballholic View Post
    YES, Congratulations to the CHIEFS on their great season, and to make a run through the playoffs, and heading back to the Super Bowl. 2021 is starting off great. GO CHIEFS.
    Was in disbelief last year when it happened, getting that same feeling all over again. Very thankful we had such a great football season, and looking forward to getting the "...But you haven't beaten Tom Brady in the playoffs yet..." monkey off our back.

GO CHIEFS