Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: I like to watch the Cowboys play

Default I like to watch the Cowboys play

I admit it. I always have been a Chiefs fan. If I would describe who the Chiefs are....I would say the actual "chiefs" are more the community aka fans that haev always supported the Chiefs. I would say it is less the current coaching staff. yes it is the players, but i dont have any problem with the current chiefs players.

but do i love to watch the chiefs play right now? NO! why? because they are losing? NO! because their games end in scores like 9-3 or 13-10? YES!!! and i am no longer going to lie to myself that I enjoy watching the Chiefs under this coaching administration more than I like watching a Cowboys game, and I'll even add Packers to that. I enjoy watching both of those teams play. They provide lots of entertainment.

So, YES, I am saying this, until the end of the Herm era, I am going to look forward to Sunday not to see the Chiefs beat or lose to somebody 6-3....but instead watch the packers or cowboys play some exciting offense.

,,,,until the end of herm. cheers.

i am more of a fan of the game and good football than I am a team.

i am not going to pretend anymore to enjoy watching bad football. and if you dont know what bad football is...you havent been watching the Chiefs play this year.

again...i put all the blame on this moron of a coach. not the players. maybe i am too honest for this board. but at least i am honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    ...again no one said he wasn't good. Sure he caught 127 td passes. Name 5 memorable ones that made a significant change in the outcome of any particular season and I will give you at least 5 times where he was so concerned with himself that it made a significant change in the outcome of his TEAMS season. I guess you have to decide, what is more important...keeping your team happy or keeping TO happy.
    I'll start by saying...I HATE TO...

However he is a very talented, skilled wide receiver, who does play very well on the field. He has had well more than 5 TDs that have changed games/seasons for his teams. I remember specifically a catch with the 49ers at the end of the Green Bay game, he had some big catches in the Super Bowl that gave Philly a chance to win at the end, he had some amazing TD catch and runs during that season to help Philly get into the playoffs, and he has done more of the same in Dallas.

The reason I wouldn't want him on my team is that he is unstable. When things are going good, he's a great teammate...he blocks for your runningbacks, he runs hard, and he tries hard, he wants to work with his QB, and he is a great big target when the QB needs one. He does drop a lot of balls, but his upside on the field outweighs his downside, when things are going good. However when things are bad, they're REALLY BAD...he's had issues with Jeff Garcia, Donovan McNabb, Drew Bledsoe and I'm sure others. He's had issues, with Steve Marriuci (dumba$$ coach anyhow), Andy Reid, and Bill Parcells. Not to mention most of his position coaches.

He will outstay his welcome in Dallas just as he did in Philly and SF.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post

However he is a very talented, skilled wide receiver, who does play very well on the field. He has had well more than 5 TDs that have changed games/seasons for his teams. I remember specifically a catch with the 49ers at the end of the Green Bay game, he had some big catches in the Super Bowl that gave Philly a chance to win at the end, he had some amazing TD catch and runs during that season to help Philly get into the playoffs, and he has done more of the same in Dallas.

The reason I wouldn't want him on my team is that he is unstable. When things are going good, he's a great teammate...he blocks for your runningbacks, he runs hard, and he tries hard, he wants to work with his QB, and he is a great big target when the QB needs one. He does drop a lot of balls, but his upside on the field outweighs his downside, when things are going good. However when things are bad, they're REALLY BAD...he's had issues with Jeff Garcia, Donovan McNabb, Drew Bledsoe and I'm sure others. He's had issues, with Steve Marriuci (dumba$$ coach anyhow), Andy Reid, and Bill Parcells. Not to mention most of his position coaches.

He will outstay his welcome in Dallas just as he did in Philly and SF
    Eggsactly!

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post

He will outstay his welcome in Dallas just as he did in Philly and SF.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls4EwA3CmSk"]YouTube - to speaks[/ame]

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Eggsactly!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Even though I grudgingly, kind of, a little bit like to watch Romo play, I will never, ever root for the Cowboys for the simple fact that they're my brother-in-law's favorite team. At least it gives me one more good reason to root against them.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    Even though I grudgingly, kind of, a little bit like to watch Romo play, I will never, ever root for the Cowboys for the simple fact that they're my brother-in-law's favorite team. At least it gives me one more good reason to root against them.
    My BIL is a Iowa fan. Hence why I root for Iowa State once a year.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Heh...my brother in law is Australian and he is a Collingwood magpies fan so I obviously root for the Sydney Swans once a year!!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Heh...my brother in law is Australian and he is a Collingwood magpies fan so I obviously root for the Sydney Swans once a year!!
    That was total french to me!

"If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    My BIL is a Iowa fan. Hence why I root for Iowa State once a year.
    And to think I actually liked you Guru, Gawd anyone but Iowa State, I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

GO HAWKEYES

HAHAHAHAHA Iowa St wins.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast