Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I like to watch the Cowboys play

Default I like to watch the Cowboys play

I admit it. I always have been a Chiefs fan. If I would describe who the Chiefs are....I would say the actual "chiefs" are more the community aka fans that haev always supported the Chiefs. I would say it is less the current coaching staff. yes it is the players, but i dont have any problem with the current chiefs players.

but do i love to watch the chiefs play right now? NO! why? because they are losing? NO! because their games end in scores like 9-3 or 13-10? YES!!! and i am no longer going to lie to myself that I enjoy watching the Chiefs under this coaching administration more than I like watching a Cowboys game, and I'll even add Packers to that. I enjoy watching both of those teams play. They provide lots of entertainment.

So, YES, I am saying this, until the end of the Herm era, I am going to look forward to Sunday not to see the Chiefs beat or lose to somebody 6-3....but instead watch the packers or cowboys play some exciting offense.

,,,,until the end of herm. cheers.

i am more of a fan of the game and good football than I am a team.

i am not going to pretend anymore to enjoy watching bad football. and if you dont know what bad football is...you havent been watching the Chiefs play this year.

again...i put all the blame on this moron of a coach. not the players. maybe i am too honest for this board. but at least i am honest.

Quote Originally Posted by timsatt1 View Post
    I admit it. I always have been a Chiefs fan. If I would describe who the Chiefs are....I would say the actual "chiefs" are more the community aka fans that haev always supported the Chiefs. I would say it is less the current coaching staff. yes it is the players, but i dont have any problem with the current chiefs players.

I have always been a Chiefs fan too.

If it is the players, and less the coaching staff, why do you then say you don't have any problem with current chiefs players?

but do i love to watch the chiefs play right now? NO! why? because they are losing? NO! because their games end in scores like 9-3 or 13-10? YES!!! and i am no longer going to lie to myself that I enjoy watching the Chiefs under this coaching administration more than I like watching a Cowboys game, and I'll even add Packers to that. I enjoy watching both of those teams play. They provide lots of entertainment.

I like the Packers and hate the Cowboys.

I like watching their games too. I think an impressive offensive team is MUCH more entertaining than an impressive defensive team.

Attack at will.

So, YES, I am saying this, until the end of the Herm era, I am going to look forward to Sunday not to see the Chiefs beat or lose to somebody 6-3....but instead watch the packers or cowboys play some exciting offense.

,,,,until the end of herm. cheers.

Cheers to you! The end of HERM!!!

i am more of a fan of the game and good football than I am a team.

Really? I never would have realized that from your posts?

i am not going to pretend anymore to enjoy watching bad football. and if you dont know what bad football is...you havent been watching the Chiefs play this year.

I have never seen you pretend to enjoy watching bad football.

I do know that we are all watching bad football play calling by our coaches.

again...i put all the blame on this moron of a coach. not the players. maybe i am too honest for this board. but at least i am honest.

Moran of a coach!!!!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

you misunderstood what i was saying...

...i wasnt saying the PLAYERS were the problem with the team.

i was saying...when i think of who the chiefs actually are....their identity will always be who played on the team...and their hardcore fans.

their identity is moreso derrick thomas and neil smith and jared allen...

...and not so much marty shottenhimer and herman edwards.

i dont think im explaining this right...oh well...i know what i mean :)

I'm not misunderstanding what you are saying. I bleed RED and Gold. I don't care what the final score of a game is. You know what made me watch last weened agains the Colts....the Chiefs had a chance to win, who cares about the final score. I am a fan of football, defensive and offensive. There will be another game at 4 and another one at 8 and one Monday night and then again on Thurs, so I will get my fill of football but the best game of the week EVERY week in the Chiefs and if you feel like watching someone else then by all means hop on that bandwagon. Don't forget the Pats are 10-0, but I will tell you that I will stand by my team all season every season until the day I die and when we win the Super Bowl, I might get a little more enjoyment out of it than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I'm not misunderstanding what you are saying. I bleed RED and Gold. I don't care what the final score of a game is. You know what made me watch last weened agains the Colts....the Chiefs had a chance to win, who cares about the final score. I am a fan of football, defensive and offensive. There will be another game at 4 and another one at 8 and one Monday night and then again on Thurs, so I will get my fill of football but the best game of the week EVERY week in the Chiefs and if you feel like watching someone else then by all means hop on that bandwagon. Don't forget the Pats are 10-0, but I will tell you that I will stand by my team all season every season until the day I die and when we win the Super Bowl, I might get a little more enjoyment out of it than you.
    true. exactly. dont get me wrong. im not leavin the chiefs.

it is cool if you can withstand this terrible coaching and still get excited about a chiefs game coming up that is being coached by herman edwards!!!!

i was just saying that I CANT. I was lying to myself that I could and i quit lying to myself and i was actually happier BEFORE watching a chiefs game than AFTER THE GAME. so i figured...why is this? if i love the chiefs. then why was i better off BEFORE the game even started? then i realized...wow, i am lying to myself that I actually like watching this team while being coached under a man named Herman "it is wrong to entertain the fans" Edwards.

again, it is cool that you can be such a hardcore fan.

i am more of a business man and plan on bringing the demand for this herman coached team down in order to get this moron out of my city!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would love to see Herm out, but I only get to see 16 Chiefs games a year and for those three hours every Sunday there is nothin else going on. Sometimes it is frustrating, sometimes it is great but either way, I will be watching until the last second ticks off the clock.

I would love to see Herm out, but I only get to see 16 Chiefs games a year and for those three hours every Sunday there is nothin else going on. Sometimes it is frustrating, sometimes it is great but either way, I will be watching until the last second ticks off the clock.
    You just summed it all up for me brother!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Good post. I am not going to lie and say I like the low scoring games. But I will say that during the DV era, I missed the dominate defense, that the Chiefs have always been know for. So I am stoked about the return and rebuilding of our defense. Yes I would like the offense to score more and I liked the excitement of a high scoring game. My favorites are the Chiefs 30 plus, opponents 10 or less.

Now as to the title of this thread. I also like to see the cowbells play. I really like it when they get stomped, big time!

Yes, I also like to watch the Cowboys LOSE. And I still well remember in 1975, when I first started following football and became a Chiefs fan, when KC came to Dallas on Monday Night Football and beat them 34-31 (with Ed Podolak having a great night!). {We also beat the 11-3 John Madden coached Raiders 42-10 at Arrowhead that year!}

And Dallas may have a good offense, but what a boring game to watch against the Jets on Thanksgiving. I think the Chiefs-Colts, despite the low 13-10 score, was a much more exciting game than the 34-3 Cowboys-Jets in which the Jets even handed off on 3rd and longs (as if to say, "We're not good enough to even try to throw for a first down against you guys.")

Of course in any case, I'd still much rather watch a Chiefs game (no matter what their record or quality of play) than any other team.

By the way, anyone else here own a Chiefs watch? :)

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast