Thread: Webnews: Chiefs’ Mecole Hardman wants to show he’s a complete rec

Post Webnews: Chiefs’ Mecole Hardman wants to show he’s a complete rec

By Michael David Smith

The Chiefs took wide receiver Mecole Hardman in the second round of the 2019 NFL draft primarily because of his speed, which was reflected in a 4.33-second 40-yard dash at the Scouting Combine. But Hardman wants to be known as more than just a fast guy. With the Chiefs unsure whether Sammy Watkins will return [more] Read more…

The Dude has talent. Hopefully he can figure out how to put it all together. Next season is a big one for him
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

To me, if he doesn't produce next year then he needs to be given walking papers. No excuse for his lack of development in this type of offense, I've been told the Wets Coast style is one of the easiest offenses to learn and understand from the college to pro level. cause the terminology is pretty basic. If A receiver hasn't shown development in his route running in that system by year 3 or 4 then that is a sign there is something wrong with his abilities, not the system from what I've been told.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    To me, if he doesn't produce next year then he needs to be given walking papers. No excuse for his lack of development in this type of offense, I've been told the Wets Coast style is one of the easiest offenses to learn and understand from the college to pro level. cause the terminology is pretty basic. If A receiver hasn't shown development in his route running in that system by year 3 or 4 then that is a sign there is something wrong with his abilities, not the system from what I've been told.
    Some of Reid's former players have stated that his system is a tad bit harder to learn then the west coast style. But for sure if he doesn't show improvement after next year then they have to think about moving on. I for one hope he does. He has shown some real promise at times making some really tough catches. But not nearly what he should be doing
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

He hasn't even shown improvement on the level that Hill has shown in the short few years that he has been in the league and he is almost as fast as Hill. Which is worrisome for me. He should at least be showing some improvement each of the last 2 years but we have seen little to no improvement at all in his route running. So far he is a one dimensional WR all he can run is deep balls.

I'm done with Hardman. he's a gadget player. he was out of sync with mahomes all year. and that costs the offense. those balls gone to any other player im sure would have been completed. Hardman isn't as good as he thinks he is. he can run fast but he does have tight hips. he can't move like hill can. Hardman needs to go to school and truely learn route running.