Thread: The Super Bowl loss sucked BUT.......

Hybrid View

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,063
    Given: 132

Default The Super Bowl loss sucked BUT.......

0 Not allowed!
    It's been a week now since the Super Bowl. Still a bummer

Needing a pick me up I went back and watched some old Chiefs games. One of the games I watched was the season opener from 2012 (Yes I hate myself)

It didn't take me long to find humor in that team. In fact it came on one of the very first offensive drives of the season. 3rd down Cassel makes actually a pretty nice pass to get a first down but it's called back due to holding setting up 3rd and 20 something. Cassel makes a dump off to Dexter Mccluster for about a 7-8 yard pick up and........ He gets up and singles 1st down. I could not stop laughing.

So yes the loss sucked but we are not that team anymore. Those days are long gone. And for that we can take reaching the Super Bowl. And we will be back. GO CHIEFS
    What is a TopekaRoy?

Thumbs Up
    Received: 843
    Given: 1,618

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    It's been a week now since the Super Bowl. Still a bummer

Needing a pick me up I went back and watched some old Chiefs games. One of the games I watched was the season opener from 2012 (Yes I hate myself)

It didn't take me long to find humor in that team. In fact it came on one of the very first offensive drives of the season. 3rd down Cassel makes actually a pretty nice pass to get a first down but it's called back due to holding setting up 3rd and 20 something. Cassel makes a dump off to Dexter Mccluster for about a 7-8 yard pick up and........ He gets up and singles 1st down. I could not stop laughing.

So yes the loss sucked but we are not that team anymore. Those days are long gone. And for that we can take reaching the Super Bowl. And we will be back. GO CHIEFS
    Banners flying over the stadium saying fire the GM, bench the QB, coaches with a "stand by me" discipline policy...yep those were the good ol' days (NOT!!...). This team has evolved so much since the Pioli fiasco.

Watching the Buccanears' reaction to winning the SB, especially Arians' reaction....One ironic thing I'd like to point out, wasn't Arians the Colts' HC when Irsay was complaining about Tom Brady's balls being deflated? Strange there wasn't a tire pressure gauge in sight when he took the podium to hold the Lombardi.

We will be back in the playoff hunt come next January. And the January after that. Can't say the same for the Bucs. GO CHIEFS.

(EDIT: My bad - Arians left the Colts and went to Arizona before the deflategate crud occurred. Still, no tire pressure gauges in sight during the last SB ceremony.)
    Last edited by Eydugstr; 02-17-2021 at 02:49 PM.