Thread: Webnews: Mitchell Schwartz undergoing surgery on Wednesday

Post Webnews: Mitchell Schwartz undergoing surgery on Wednesday

By Myles Simmons

Chiefs right tackle Mitchell Schwartz missed the majority of the season after suffering a back injury during the team’s Week 6 win over Buffalo. Kansas City and Schwartz held out hope he could return for the rest of the year, potentially even for the Super Bowl. But that did not materialize. Now Schwartz posted to [more] Read more…

This should be taken as a caution flag to draft some O-line this April. We really needed all hands on deck in Tampa.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    This should be taken as a caution flag to draft some O-line this April. We really needed all hands on deck in Tampa.
    If there is one thing to learn from how things played out it's that we need to add depth to the O line you never know when you need it
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

if our 1st pick isn't oline then il be upset. preferably a LT. guard with our 2nd pick. then a edge rusher in the 3rd round or if cb if edge is a reach.

Sorry Jason But if we don't draft LB Jabril Cox in the 2nd round after trading back out of the 1st then the entire draft is pretty much a loss at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Sorry Jason But if we don't draft LB Jabril Cox in the 2nd round after trading back out of the 1st then the entire draft is pretty much a loss at that point.
    lb is like a 4th need we have. OT, C, then either wr or cb then a ld. we will have Gay back next year. he'll we need a DE as well. so lb is way down on the list.

If Cox is there when we pick then I ' am running that card to the podium, Cox and Gay would be our LB tandem of the future. You can't pass that up.

This year would be one of those years if Veach decided to trade down and grab a bunch of prospects for the O-line, D-line, LB I wouldn't squawk. Remember when Justin Houston fell to the third round. WR and CB think we'll have to tackle in free agency, unless someone really good drops in the lower rounds in April.

Definitely make OT a priority, given what happens when Fisher (already in his eighth year) isn't there and with Schwartz coming back from surgery, and with the fact we struck gold we got Mahomes.

Another offseason thought: What's everyone's opinions if we were to bring in Alex Smith back, but as a backup?

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    This year would be one of those years if Veach decided to trade down and grab a bunch of prospects for the O-line, D-line, LB I wouldn't squawk. Remember when Justin Houston fell to the third round. WR and CB think we'll have to tackle in free agency, unless someone really good drops in the lower rounds in April.

Definitely make OT a priority, given what happens when Fisher (already in his eighth year) isn't there and with Schwartz coming back from surgery, and with the fact we struck gold we got Mahomes.

Another offseason thought: What's everyone's opinions if we were to bring in Alex Smith back, but as a backup?

We have talked about that on Ryan Tracy's show, I dont think Alex is ready to call it quits just yet I still think he wants to play.It might be another 2 or 3 years before we see Alex Smith in KC as a coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    We have talked about that on Ryan Tracy's show, I dont think Alex is ready to call it quits just yet I still think he wants to play.It might be another 2 or 3 years before we see Alex Smith in KC as a coach.
    When you say not wanting to call it quits, are you saying wanting to be a starter? Not sure that many teams are looking at a short term starter. Think he'd be an excellent #2 QB for us. Knows the system, will come in knowing most of the coaches and players.