Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs final 2007 Win/Loss Record

Default Chiefs final 2007 Win/Loss Record

So after today the Chiefs have a record of 4-7.
    They have the following games left:
    San Diego
    at Denver
    Tennessee
    at Detroit
    at Jets

What do you think their final record will be? What draft pick do you think that will end up giving them?

I will say final record is 6-10.
    2008 draft pick: 5th. Sam Baker, OT from USC

Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post
    ...Now if Herm would just let them play, the talent on this team is amazing and he refuses to trust them to use it.
    Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post
    And I still feel this way, but that is MY opinion, if I was making the decision then I would have a much better background and have all the facts to make the decision.

In the end it all worked out for the good, with Bennett gone we got to see Smith, Priest retired while he can still walk and function, and we got draft picks for Bennett who never seemed like much until we had to go with an unproven rookie, I don't think this was about Priest character but more about his competitive nature, but somewhere along the line thinking with the heart got in the way of thinking with the head, it just so happens that Herm saw potential in a kid (Smith) that may or may not be the saving grace in the whole situation.

Now if Herm would just let them play, the talent on this team is amazing and he refuses to trust them to use it.

Huh.

I don't remember whether I got video of it after the game, but I seem to remember Carl taking credit for getting Kolby on the team.

Also I do remember Herm mentioning to the press that what he saw was a smart, talented running back.

Wonder if they forgot to get together and decide who was gonna take credit for this little bit of success for the Chiefs.

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Boy if we can only win these next two divisional games. Then we still have a shot at the playoffs. But have to win both. And then would have to win at least 2 of the last three or even all three (unless S.D would finish 8-8, for then we would win the tie break for having beaten them twice).

The thing is, I think the final three games are highly winable. Tennessee and Detroit have both lost 3 in a row. Tennesee has been held to 13 or fewer points five times this season and last week only scored 6 points against an awful Bengal defense. And Detroit hasn't beaten us since 1988. And the Jets, of course, are a hideous football team.

It's these next two games that I think are the most challenging. But hey, S.D. has lost like 9 of the last 11 at Arrowhead. The game at mile high scares me more, but Denver is only 5-6 and has played badly at times this year (losing 41-3 and 44-7). Their defense is ranked 31 out of 32 in the NFL. So ya never know!

But if I would get paid a million dollars for correctly guessing the Chiefs final record this year, my guess would be 7-9. I would say we lose to Denver and to either S.D. or Detroit. And beat the Titans and Jets.

I know a lot of you think Herm is costing us a lot of games but at least the same can be said for this week's opponent - Norv Turner has been messing up the season for a team that went 14-2 last year! He's a pretty awful coach (lifetime record of 64-87!).

I know the playoffs are still in reach, but the way we're playing right now, it's just silly to even imagine this team in the playoffs.
    If we play at our absolute best, and that includes COACHING too, then yes, we can win all five, but that just won't happen. Someone will screw up. *cough* HERM *cough*
    However, two teams I thought we would stand no chance against, even if we did play our best, being the Lions and Titans, at the beginning of the year, are beatable right now, they've both come down to earth. Maybe a miracle will happen, and we'll play like we did against the Chargers the first time we met for the rest of the way!
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    I know the playoffs are still in reach, but the way we're playing right now, it's just silly to even imagine this team in the playoffs.
    If we play at our absolute best, and that includes COACHING too, then yes, we can win all five, but that just won't happen. Someone will screw up. *cough* HERM *cough*
    However, two teams I thought we would stand no chance against, even if we did play our best, being the Lions and Titans, at the beginning of the year, are beatable right now, they've both come down to earth. Maybe a miracle will happen, and we'll play like we did against the Chargers the first time we met for the rest of the way!
    heh heh.....that is a great sig man!!

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    Boy if we can only win these next two divisional games. Then we still have a shot at the playoffs. But have to win both. And then would have to win at least 2 of the last three or even all three (unless S.D would finish 8-8, for then we would win the tie break for having beaten them twice).

The thing is, I think the final three games are highly winable. Tennessee and Detroit have both lost 3 in a row. Tennesee has been held to 13 or fewer points five times this season and last week only scored 6 points against an awful Bengal defense. And Detroit hasn't beaten us since 1988. And the Jets, of course, are a hideous football team.

It's these next two games that I think are the most challenging. But hey, S.D. has lost like 9 of the last 11 at Arrowhead. The game at mile high scares me more, but Denver is only 5-6 and has played badly at times this year (losing 41-3 and 44-7). Their defense is ranked 31 out of 32 in the NFL. So ya never know!

But if I would get paid a million dollars for correctly guessing the Chiefs final record this year, my guess would be 7-9. I would say we lose to Denver and to either S.D. or Detroit. And beat the Titans and Jets.

I know a lot of you think Herm is costing us a lot of games but at least the same can be said for this week's opponent - Norv Turner has been messing up the season for a team that went 14-2 last year! He's a pretty awful coach (lifetime record of 64-87!).
    Come on man! We just lost at home against a 2 win team! Anyone who thinks this team is going to come within a 1000 miles of a wildcard berth needs to get their head checked. It's not happening this year. I hate to say it, but this team(mainly the coaches) does not deserve to go to the postseason. When you are ranked below 30 in total offense, we just are not going to win many games. We'll win one more game at the Jets to finish at 5-11. Sad.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

4-12 maybe ,,,we still have the jets long shot 5-11. thanks again peterson and hermmie!
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Default Chies win loss record

At the beginning of the season I was hoping for a 10-6 record that obviously isn't going to happen. 4-12 is what I want now as that is the only way that anything will get done within the organization. When Lamont Winstead and Ray Farmer came down to the Lake and at my family's restaurant they were discussing how this was a transition year. So the season really has to go south in a bad way if there is any chance of getting herm out of here and getting a championship caliber coach like cowher in.

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    Come on man! We just lost at home against a 2 win team! Anyone who thinks this team is going to come within a 1000 miles of a wildcard berth needs to get their head checked. It's not happening this year. I hate to say it, but this team(mainly the coaches) does not deserve to go to the postseason. When you are ranked below 30 in total offense, we just are not going to win many games. We'll win one more game at the Jets to finish at 5-11. Sad.
    Eggsactly!

Oh I know after losing four in a row, including Oakland, that we could lose these upcoming divisional games as well. I was just saying that if we should win the next two we would still be in the race, since the AFC west doesn't have a dominant team this year.

And that the three games after that (Titans, Lions, Jets) are winable since they are all reeling too.

Also, Pittsburgh also lost to a 2 win team (Jets) but is still very likely to go to the playoffs.

But I said 7-9 would be our most likely final record anyway. So I'm not saying we'll make the playoffs. I just haven't totally despaired yet. But I can never do that till they are officially eliminated from post season play!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast