Thread: Herm Edwards tidbits

Default Herm Edwards tidbits

Found these on wikipedia. How history repeats itself. If it weren't for Peterson, no other team in the NFL would let him keep his job. I'd be amazed that, with a career record of 54-59, he would even get another head coach position should the Chiefs wise up and fire him.

In 2005, a year marred by injuries, inconsistent play, lack of player development, and rumors swirling about Edwards possibly leaving the organization, Edwards led the Jets to a woeful 4-12 record. Following the end of the season, the Jets traded away the rights to Edwards to the Kansas City Chiefs for a fourth round draft pick in the 2006 NFL Draft.

On January 6, 2007, the Edwards-led Chiefs were soundly defeated by the Indianapolis Colts, by a score of 23-8. In the first half, the Chiefs offense failed to produce a single first down. This was the first time in the modern NFL era (post AFL-NFL Merger), and the first time since 1960, that any team had been held without a first down in the first half of a playoff game.

Edwards' second regular season with the Chiefs began on September 9, 2007. Edwards' streak of losses on opening day continued as the Chiefs lost to Houston Texans, by the score of 20-3. This loss marked the first time since the opening day of the 1970 season that the Chiefs has lost by a margin of 17 points on opening day, and was the first time in a decade that the Chiefs had been held to 3 points or less on opening day.

Herman Edwards' performance as a coach has drawn a variety of criticisms.
    • Teams coached by Edwards have typically started most seasons with poor performances, leading to speculation that Edwards does a poor job of preparation in the preseason. [4] With the exception of the 2004 season with the New York Jets, no team coached by Edwards has had a winning record after 6 games played. Additionally, Edwards' record on opening day of the NFL season is 2-5, and his teams have been outscored 186-125 (including 70-20 in the last 3 season openers, all losses) in these games.
    • For a player who made his name in the NFL on a time management gaffe, Edwards has committed a variety of time management decisions that vary from perplexing to embarrassing. [3] These gaffes have been quite frustrating to the fans of the teams coached by Edwards.[4][5][6]
    • Herm's game plans have often been criticized as too conservative with little or no imagination.[7] A prime example of Edwards' game plans, the lone Chiefs 2007 playoff game was one of the worst offensive performances in recent history.[8][9][10]

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Thanks for rubbing salt in the wound man!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Thanks for rubbing salt in the wound man!

That's what I'm here for man!

Seriously, I did not know what a sad sack of a coach he was in NY. I don't follow the Jets and so I was in the dark about Herm and still didn't know much when he came here. What little I did know when he arrived was enough to realize that his tenure here wasn't going to be any better than in NY.

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    That's what I'm here for man!

Seriously, I did not know what a sad sack of a coach he was in NY. I don't follow the Jets and so I was in the dark about Herm and still didn't know much when he came here. What little I did know when he arrived was enough to realize that his tenure here wasn't going to be any better than in NY.
    We have amazing talent on our team right now, and we have a coach that doesn't know how to use it.

It is embarrassing at times.

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

We have amazing talent on our team right now, and we have a coach that doesn't know how to use it.

It is embarrassing at times.

Sad part is if we keep playing like this we may end up in last place behind the Raiders! They're just one game back now.

Should we start calling this a rebuilding year for the entire AFC Worst?

Can anyone actually lose the division?

Should we start calling this a rebuilding year for the entire AFC Worst?

Can anyone actually lose the division?

The only team that won't have a lot of player issues is the Chargers. I think the whole Marty firing and the fact they lost other key coaching spots is what's killing them right now. If they can get that all straightened away, I think they will be a 12-4 team next year. Denver 10-6. Oakland 6-10. Chiefs(total shot in the dark) 9-7. Now if Herm should leave and we can get a real head coach we should go 12-6.

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    The only team that won't have a lot of player issues is the Chargers. I think the whole Marty firing and the fact they lost other key coaching spots is what's killing them right now. If they can get that all straightened away, I think they will be a 12-4 team next year. Denver 10-6. Oakland 6-10. Chiefs(total shot in the dark) 9-7. Now if Herm should leave and we can get a real head coach we should go 12-6.

How in the world are you gonna decide records for next year before all the firing is done?

Teams have talent and coaches decide how to use it.

I doubt Norv will be around next year, but Herm will.

How in the world are you gonna decide records for next year before all the firing is done?

Teams have talent and coaches decide how to use it.

I doubt Norv will be around next year, but Herm will.
    Norv will be there. If he finishes strong down the stretch and gets into the play offs, his job is safe. Keep in mind he took over a team that lost a lot of their coaches from last year and a high profile firing of thier head coach. What's our excuse? Carl loves Herm.

And Carl likes this guy. Makes perfect sense.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.