Thread: Devin Hester screws the idiot Broncos!

Default Devin Hester screws the idiot Broncos!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOioSzWgVMo"]YouTube - Devin Hester scores against the Broncos![/ame]
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

That was awesome...I hate Shanahan....
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Yeah the Broncos were very dumb to kick the ball right to Devin after he just returned a punt 75 yards for a touchdown a few minutes earlier. It's like they said, "Duh, here ya go Devin, go get another touchdown." Even the announcers were like, "I don't get it. Why would you kick it right to him again?" Dumb Donks! They gave the Bears that game.

i love how he ran into the tunnel..... thats a great video.

you gotta feel bad for that ex-chiefs player...

idk i just heard that last name, could that be ol' todd sauerbraun?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Broncs' Sauerbrun: 'Get me outta here'

November 26, 2007
    BY NICK FIRCHAU
    Todd Sauerbrun wasn't the first to make the claim, and he wasn't the first to swallow his words, either.
    Just four days after informing Denver media that the Broncos wouldn't kick away from Devin Hester, the veteran Sauerbrun got arguably the worst view of the Bears' playmaker as possible: from flat on his back.
    Hester returned two of Sauerbrun's kicks for touchdowns in the Bears' 37-34 overtime victory Sunday at Soldier Field. Both rolled right over the Broncos' special-teams unit that had voiced confidence it could stop the Bears' dynamic return man.
    ''We're not going to play chicken-bleep ball,'' the former Bears punter and 13-year veteran told the Denver Post this week. ''We're not going to kick away from him. Hey, we respect the hell out of him and he's the best, but we have guys on our coverage teams that are paid to make big tackles.''
    Sauerbrun didn't back away from his words Sunday but gave Hester his due credit after another game-changing performance.
    ''He won the game for them today,'' Sauerbrun said. ''It was our fault. We let him loose.''
    Sauerbrun jokingly took a special exception to the loss, considering he still lives in Niles, and his words definitely caught the attention of the Bears this week.
    ''Get me outta here, I'm ready to go,'' Sauerbrun said. ''I think I'm ready to sell my house now.''
    The first of Hester's returns -- a 75-yard touchdown burst that tied the game at 13 with 12:50 left in the third quarter -- unfolded literally right over Sauerbrun. After pouring untouched through a seam near midfield, Hester hurdled the fallen Broncos kicker at the 15-yard line before steaming into the end zone for his third punt-return touchdown of the season and sixth of his career.
    ''I had my shot at him, but you give him that much room, and I don't really have a chance,'' Sauerbrun said. ''You gotta poke and hope on that. Mostly hope.''
    Hester's second touchdown run was a spotless 88-yard kickoff return that evened the score at 20.
    ''All of a sudden you don't kick it as far, and he gets a little edge'' Broncos coach Mike Shanahan said. ''And he'll take it the distance on you. He's a great player.''
    Sun-Times News Group
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It baffles me why any team kicks it directly to him. I can see kicks as you don't have a lot of choice short of kicking short. But on a punt? Kick the damn thing out of bounds.

Hell, teams had more fear of Dante Hall in '03 than they do of Hester today. Hester is 10x more dangerous than Hall ever was.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

They seem to be using him as a measure of how powerful their special teams coverage is.

And it fails all the time.

We got one run back on us, but we didn't let it happen again!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Just stupidity if you ask me...sure you might get a measure on your special teams, but any coach who unnecessarily puts the ball in Hester's hands should have his IQ measured in my opinion.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat