Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Puzzles...

Default Puzzles...

I don't know about you, but here is how I put puzzles together. I look for all of the edge pieces. I try to get them put together in order to get the border in tact. Then I try to find key pieces. These are pieces that help make the rest of the puzzle go together that much easier. There are pices that help by being easy to tell where they go, and grouping them together. Then, of course, there's that one pesky piece that gets hidden or shoved under something. Once you get it into place, then the puzzle is complete. My grandmother used to take the puzzles that she really liked, and she would glue them together so she could display it.

Why on earth am I posting about puzzles in a Chiefs forum? I think it's the best way to analyze our teams progress so far. Let me explain.

The defense. These are our edge pieces. Once you get them put into place, you've got your boundaries set. They define our limits, and keep things together.

The key pieces. Those pices that make the rest of the puzzle come together. This would be players like Tony Gonzalez, Dwayne Bowe, and Larry Johnson. They open us up to options, thus getting the best fit and helping the other pieces come together more easily.

The grouping pieces. This is where I would bring in special teams. The ensure placement on the field for the key pieces.

That pesky missing piece. To me, that would be our QB. Damon has done a decent job this year. Once he learns how to more accurately hit his receivers and not throw the ball once he's crossed line of scrimmage, he'll be better. He's the player that needs to complete the puzzle and bring the whole thing together. This will be the job of whoever end up at that position permanently.

Finally, the glue. This would be our coaching staff. They must hold us together, and know how to properly display our pieces without showing through or gunking them up. They need to help the players shine and be ready for display.

Have we completed putting our puzzle together? Not quite. I think there's still a few edge pieces that need to be put together. The key pieces are ready to be put into place, but we need our special teams to help them get their placement. We've imporved our kicking, but we still need to be able to stop the return. QB? I have mixed feelings on the QB. Huard still seems to be geting adjusted. I just don't know how patient we should be before deciding that he's a straggler piece from a different puzzle, and that we need to focus finding the true missing piece. The coaching staff, in my opinion, is not doing the greatest job at holding the team together and enabling them to shine like they should. They are hindering players. Gunking them up by holding too tightly on the reins.

I think this puzzle could be a thing of beauty once a few things get fixed. Do we need new glue? Do we have our true missing piece? Does the edge have any holes? All of these questions will be answered in time. It just depends on how much time we want to give them.
    Everything happens for a reason.

Very good analogy.

Now if we could get you on the coaching staff that would be a step in the right direction!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

WOW! Great post, luv.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Only two people liked my post? I worked hard on that. I know it sounds a little rusty, but it's a first draft. Give a girl a break, will ya?

Good post...unable to get online until game time today
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Great post and analogy LUV! rep added.

It was good in a "Life is like a box of chocolates" kind of way...
    You can only have one favorite team. There are no "second favorites".
    -- Chris, resident of Arrowhead East (St. Louis)

i liked it as well....but i forgot you are a woman....and women need to HEAR that it was good...cause that is how they are...so since y ou are a woman....i will go ahead and say it. good post.

Critiques? Seriously. Tell me what wasn't good. To general? Do I need to get more detailed? Was it to repetitive? Too elementary?

Nicely done luv! The second to the very last paragraph didn't flow real well for me, but then again I'm tired and am not the best reader. For me it has always been the USA Today kind of articles that worked best; less is more, but, again, that is just me.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast