Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Enough!

Default Enough!

I'm done with this sh!t. I'm just f0rkin done! I've watched this losing crap for over a decade and haven't seen a playoff win. The management and coaching of this organization is pathetic! How somebody can keep their job for so long (queen carl) after proving themselves to be utterly incompetent at it, is completely beyond my grasp of understanding.

I will still watch every snap of every game. I will still root for the Chiefs to win and start climbing out of this hole they have dug even deeper for themselves during the Edwards' era.

However, I will not purchase any more Chiefs' apparel/merchandise and will not spend the outrageous prices to go to any more games until we get a playoff win. I'm to the point now that I honestly don't care if they black-out the games on TV, either. As long as the current power-structure within the Chiefs' organization remains, this team will continue to be unwatchable. The only way I am going to be able to watch the games anymore is to completely sever any emotional connection to the game whatsoever. For the sake of my blood pressure and mental stability, I have to now approach Chiefs' football with little more than passing interest.

If this organization is honestly stupid enough to keep Dick Curl, Mike Solari, Herm Edwards, and Carl Peterson, I may not even bother to turn on the TV on Sundays next year. Those four guys need to be in the unemployment line, period. They are like the four horsemen of the apocalypse, burning everything they come in contact with to the ground. They have to go. If Clark Hunt can't figure it out, he will watch the remnants of his father's legacy crumble around him. To even call one of those men mediocre at their jobs would be to give them too much credit. They suck.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    We might as well just draft ALL O-line in the draft
    Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    Why on earth would you pass up your second string RB when your first string goes down? He was second string for a reason. You do not go to your third string when your first string goes down.

Tired of mediocrity? There are several who wanted mediocrity to carry on from the start of the season by not playing newer players. So far, I think they've done as good of a job, if not better, than some of our vets. I don't want to see anyone on here rooting for the Chiefs when they start winning again if they divorced them while they were at their lowest. I will have no respect for anyone like that.

Reading threads like this frustrates me. I may openly be in favor of criticizing players, coaches, etc, but I will NEVER be for abandoning this team. I will continue to go to games when I get the opportunity, and I will continue to purchase Chiefs apparel and memorobelia. Why? Because I'm a fan. I couln't care les wht kind of message I'm sending to Carl. I want to go and enjoy watching live football, win or lose.

You want to jup off the "bandwagon"? Go ahead. I'll think about giving you a hand once you decide to jump back on.
    Kinda wreaks of criticizing someones fandome, no?

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    There's a huge difference in criticizing players and not supporting the team.
    Everything happens for a reason.

Don't drop your fancard man!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

What the heck does my post have to do with that comment?
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

What the heck does my post have to do with that comment?
    Oops. I forgot to address that one.

We might as well just draft ALL O-line in the draft
    I was just going to point out the need for youth at CB as well. But aside from those two areas, we really don't have any glaring needs. (K/KR could be added, I guess.)

Oops. I forgot to address that one.

I was just going to point out the need for youth at CB as well. But aside from those two areas, we really don't have any glaring needs. (K/KR could be added, I guess.)
    We had a couple in the preseason we let go. Probably should have kept them over Drummond.

We had a couple in the preseason we let go. Probably should have kept them over Drummond.
    PHINISEE

Would have been another CB, too.
    Everything happens for a reason.

Myself, I had no problem with the Tynes/Hall duo. Dante made people respect his ability to take it to the house, and Tynes... well, we didn't even get anything out of that deal.

Myself, I had no problem with the Tynes/Hall duo. Dante made people respect his ability to take it to the house, and Tynes... well, we didn't even get anything out of that deal.
    I was OK with losing Hall but didn't agree with dumping Tynes at all.

In hindsight though, we should have kept Hall.

Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    Why on earth would you pass up your second string RB when your first string goes down? He was second string for a reason. You do not go to your third string when your first string goes down.

Tired of mediocrity? There are several who wanted mediocrity to carry on from the start of the season by not playing newer players. So far, I think they've done as good of a job, if not better, than some of our vets. I don't want to see anyone on here rooting for the Chiefs when they start winning again if they divorced them while they were at their lowest. I will have no respect for anyone like that.

Reading threads like this frustrates me. I may openly be in favor of criticizing players, coaches, etc, but I will NEVER be for abandoning this team. I will continue to go to games when I get the opportunity, and I will continue to purchase Chiefs apparel and memorobelia. Why? Because I'm a fan. I couln't care les wht kind of message I'm sending to Carl. I want to go and enjoy watching live football, win or lose.

You want to jup off the "bandwagon"? Go ahead. I'll think about giving you a hand once you decide to jump back on.

yeah depends on your viewpoint of "true fan" "loyalty" and all that crap. i know that there is some sort of thinking in our culture that you have to be a "true fan" and if you only go for a team once they are winning, you are a "bandwagon fan" and all that. and our culture tries to teach you that if you root for the team somehow you have the rights to that team as if they do win the superbowl you have the right to celebrate extra than do the bandwagon fans and you can say "i was with them when..."

....yeah about that, that is very much a cultural thing. so if you are concerned about what other people think of YOU and you being that true fan that our culture teaches, go right ahead and be that.

...but here is the real fact, setting culture aside. The NFL is an entertainment business which is in business to make money and most people involved with this business...players and administration, make multi millions to entertain.

and well there is a REAL WORLD going on, somehow we think that we need to feel sorry for players like tony gonzalez for having to put up with all this crap going on in our organization...well at the same time he is the victim that we make him, having to struggle so hard with the new players and new coaching system....he is still getting paid his millions while "struggling" so we somehow feel sorry for him. ive got news for you, tony is gonna be all right *wink*

so if, in this business, we have a GM that hires a coach that coaches boring football....you "true fans" cannot drop your fan card, you are going to "stick through" this time, even though our coach wont go for big plays and has way too many 3 and outs to hold our short attentions spans, you are gonna stick through it, so that one day if we do win it,,,,,you get that special feeling inside you that, yeah, i was part of that.

you werent part of that. sorry. glad you, like me, were entertained by it. But whether you jumped ship till herm got out our whether you stayed with him, you are not a "special true fan" mumbo jumbo that our culture has taught you. the person who jumped on the bandwagon can cheer just as loud and get that great feeling along with you, and YOU are not any more special.

...and for respect.....i am not looking for someones appeasement (if that is a word.) i dont need someone else to confirm my fancard....when i get it back after the Herman Administration leaves KC.

Thank you for your time, that is all....for now.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast