Thread: Postgame Vs Bills What a miserable night at Arrowhead :(

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,066
    Given: 133

Default Postgame Vs Bills What a miserable night at Arrowhead :(

0 Not allowed!
    Welp that sucked

Between rain and hearing "Lets go Buffalo" on the entire walk out that was not a fun game at all.

https://twitter.com/matthewschiefs/s...532743/photo/1 Had a really good view of the game as much as the game sucked.

About the game this is one the Coaching staff must wear. It's all on them. Players looked lost they were constantly confused on BOTH sides of the ball. It was not just defense. If you wonder why guys are getting open so much it's the communication sucks. Hell even on the play that Clyde got hurt Mahomes had to literally jump UP AND DOWN several times to get the sidelines attention that he was hurt. It was on the other side of the field from my section and I could see that he was hurt. That is the type of things that stand out. It was like they were not even paying attention to the field. I do not understand how that can happen to an NFL team.

Adding to that the Bills just looked like they were FAR more prepared for the Chiefs then the Chiefs were for the Bills. One of the picks was on a screen that the Bills saw coming they were ready for it and they made the play. They were Ready we were not. And it was not even close. The last game I went to was the 2019 snow game against Denver. It was clear that the Chiefs were far better. Tonight it was just as clear for the Bills. I do not think the Bills are just that much better on Talent so as I said the coaches have to wear this L IMO. That's every coach from Reid to every offensive and defensive coach and even ST had a mess up with the fumble. They all must wear this. They need to look in the mirror. Because what we saw tonight was 100% unacceptable.

Mahomes and Kelce are normally good together. Tonight they were off. Starting form the very first drive. Mahomes overthrew a WIDE open Kelce. They messed up a play on the next drive to. Kelce pointed at himself so I think we can say that was on him. It's not something that happen often but they were way off tonight.

I also think the same can be said about Mahomes and Andy. You could tell Mahomes was very upset by the choice not to go for a short 4th down. Instead of sitting with the QB coach and EB like he had been Mahomes and Andy were talking for a good while on the sideline. I can't say for sure but I think it was about that choice. He didn't do that again the whole game that I saw.

Sometimes a good team has a bad year. I think we have to consider that is what is going on. This team just looks off. They don't look like a top team. It sucks but it's true. But they were taken out to the woodshed tonight. Being their in person might make it seem worse. But I have 0 faith that this team is going to be able to make a run. I hope that I am wrong about this but I Just can't say I have faith in this season being what we hoped it could be. The weather was actually fitting for the product on the field. It was miserable to sit through. The delay didn't help and has lead to me typing these words at 1:05 am.

There is only one positive I can take from this crappy night in KC and that is I made it a point to find this. https://twitter.com/matthewschiefs/s...056066/photo/1 It's all I have from this miserable night in KC. On to the next one that at least I won't have to sit in rain to watch.

I expect to hear the normal talk from the players and coaches that they are right there and just have to cut out the mistakes. On this night and again after 1am I might be a little bit cranky but I am tired of hearing that talk. It needs to be done and done fast. From offense to defense to the ST turnover this game was horrible to watch and every aspect of the game made it so. It's time for less talk and more doing. Otherwise this is just another team with a super bowl hangover. There is a lot of football left. We will see what these guys decided.

Go Chiefs now that I have ranted enough I am finally going to be able to go to bed and try to forget this miserable night even happened.
    Last edited by matthewschiefs; 10-11-2021 at 02:19 AM.
    What is a TopekaRoy?

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    A day later and almost dry now a few things I didn't mention in my 1am rantings.

Of the 3 games I have been to last night was the loudest. I don't know how loud it came off on TV but it was LOUD. And stayed loud even after the delay. Chiefs fans are not scared off by a little rain that's for sure. I also got to tip the cap to the Bills I don't remember 1 false start flag on them all night. Brown alone had 2 last night. As I stated last night they were very well prepared for Arrowhead.

That Roughing the passer call was BS. Worst call of the night and it's not close. The stadium went from high fives to just downright anger in quick fashion. There were a number of things said towards the refs after that call that I can not post here. (Curse the filter) I may or may not have said some myself. What is even more upsetting is they did not give Mahomes those calls. If they did we would have had at least 2 more than what we did.

The Chiefs are not what we all would want them to be. As I woke up today on a rainy morning in KC I recalled the 1-5 start in the 2015 season. We are not there. But Andy Reid has shown that he CAN get a team to turn around a slow start. Even worse than what we have seen this year. The other 2 losses felt like games that the Chiefs should have won that got away. That was not the case against the Bills. The Bills flat out came into Arrowhead and outclassed the Chiefs. And maybe that is what they needed. A real punch in the mouth. Time will tell. Hopefully we see the team we all wanted to see this Sunday against Washington
    What is a TopekaRoy?

Thumbs Up
    Received: 845
    Given: 1,618

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Welp that sucked

Between rain and hearing "Lets go Buffalo" on the entire walk out that was not a fun game at all.

https://twitter.com/matthewschiefs/s...532743/photo/1 Had a really good view of the game as much as the game sucked.

About the game this is one the Coaching staff must wear. It's all on them. Players looked lost they were constantly confused on BOTH sides of the ball. It was not just defense. If you wonder why guys are getting open so much it's the communication sucks. Hell even on the play that Clyde got hurt Mahomes had to literally jump UP AND DOWN several times to get the sidelines attention that he was hurt. It was on the other side of the field from my section and I could see that he was hurt. That is the type of things that stand out. It was like they were not even paying attention to the field. I do not understand how that can happen to an NFL team.

Adding to that the Bills just looked like they were FAR more prepared for the Chiefs then the Chiefs were for the Bills. One of the picks was on a screen that the Bills saw coming they were ready for it and they made the play. They were Ready we were not. And it was not even close. The last game I went to was the 2019 snow game against Denver. It was clear that the Chiefs were far better. Tonight it was just as clear for the Bills. I do not think the Bills are just that much better on Talent so as I said the coaches have to wear this L IMO. That's every coach from Reid to every offensive and defensive coach and even ST had a mess up with the fumble. They all must wear this. They need to look in the mirror. Because what we saw tonight was 100% unacceptable.

Mahomes and Kelce are normally good together. Tonight they were off. Starting form the very first drive. Mahomes overthrew a WIDE open Kelce. They messed up a play on the next drive to. Kelce pointed at himself so I think we can say that was on him. It's not something that happen often but they were way off tonight.

I also think the same can be said about Mahomes and Andy. You could tell Mahomes was very upset by the choice not to go for a short 4th down. Instead of sitting with the QB coach and EB like he had been Mahomes and Andy were talking for a good while on the sideline. I can't say for sure but I think it was about that choice. He didn't do that again the whole game that I saw.

Sometimes a good team has a bad year. I think we have to consider that is what is going on. This team just looks off. They don't look like a top team. It sucks but it's true. But they were taken out to the woodshed tonight. Being their in person might make it seem worse. But I have 0 faith that this team is going to be able to make a run. I hope that I am wrong about this but I Just can't say I have faith in this season being what we hoped it could be. The weather was actually fitting for the product on the field. It was miserable to sit through. The delay didn't help and has lead to me typing these words at 1:05 am.

There is only one positive I can take from this crappy night in KC and that is I made it a point to find this. https://twitter.com/matthewschiefs/s...056066/photo/1 It's all I have from this miserable night in KC. On to the next one that at least I won't have to sit in rain to watch.

I expect to hear the normal talk from the players and coaches that they are right there and just have to cut out the mistakes. On this night and again after 1am I might be a little bit cranky but I am tired of hearing that talk. It needs to be done and done fast. From offense to defense to the ST turnover this game was horrible to watch and every aspect of the game made it so. It's time for less talk and more doing. Otherwise this is just another team with a super bowl hangover. There is a lot of football left. We will see what these guys decided.

Go Chiefs now that I have ranted enough I am finally going to be able to go to bed and try to forget this miserable night even happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    A day later and almost dry now a few things I didn't mention in my 1am rantings.

Of the 3 games I have been to last night was the loudest. I don't know how loud it came off on TV but it was LOUD. And stayed loud even after the delay. Chiefs fans are not scared off by a little rain that's for sure. I also got to tip the cap to the Bills I don't remember 1 false start flag on them all night. Brown alone had 2 last night. As I stated last night they were very well prepared for Arrowhead.

That Roughing the passer call was BS. Worst call of the night and it's not close. The stadium went from high fives to just downright anger in quick fashion. There were a number of things said towards the refs after that call that I can not post here. (Curse the filter) I may or may not have said some myself. What is even more upsetting is they did not give Mahomes those calls. If they did we would have had at least 2 more than what we did.

The Chiefs are not what we all would want them to be. As I woke up today on a rainy morning in KC I recalled the 1-5 start in the 2015 season. We are not there. But Andy Reid has shown that he CAN get a team to turn around a slow start. Even worse than what we have seen this year. The other 2 losses felt like games that the Chiefs should have won that got away. That was not the case against the Bills. The Bills flat out came into Arrowhead and outclassed the Chiefs. And maybe that is what they needed. A real punch in the mouth. Time will tell. Hopefully we see the team we all wanted to see this Sunday against Washington
    Hope you had a good time in KC...sorry the game had such a miserable outcome. If anything you got to be at a fairly rare occurrence in the NFL - a game interrupted by weather. Only seen it happen two other times, once was a season game against Seattle with water flowing like crazy down into the tunnel, then a preseason game against Chicago at Soldier Field where the game was stopped altogether because of a close lightning strike.

"Welp that sucked" pretty much sums up the game. Offensively we looked like we showed up with a game plan, but the players were completely out of synch. Passes being thrown at receivers ankles, receivers not running correct routes or dropping passes, players not being set...and to top it off we lost our starting RB for a couple of weeks.

Defensively we didn't get it done on any level. None existent pass rush. Yes the injuries suck, and Josh Allen is a talented QB, but there were way too many times when they were running through our front seven. Again it looked like Spags showed up with no game plan whatsoever, and just tried to read and react to whatever Buffalo did, and our D's roster simply can't compete.

We did have some bright moments from players in the game. Thought that Hughes made a good impression at CB. Also think that if Josh Gordon is able to pick up our offense, watch out. Danna also showed some sparks at times, as did Mecole Hardman.

Past few years we've been spoiled by good officiating. Goofy officiating is now back, and after watching the refs take forever to decide if Hardman stepped out of bounds...Think it's going to be one of those years where we have to beat the refs, too.

Think offensively we can bounce back and still have a good season. Too much talent on the roster & coaching staff there to just let things go to pot. It's the D that IMO will be VERY hard to fix until next offseason. Drafting-wise we've always put the offense first and the D is always moved to the back burner. If our goal was just to get a D that was good enough to just slow the opponents down, we're not even accomplishing that, and we're doing it with a roster that our opponents are too familiar with and have already drafted to beat.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Hope you had a good time in KC...sorry the game had such a miserable outcome. If anything you got to be at a fairly rare occurrence in the NFL - a game interrupted by weather. Only seen it happen two other times, once was a season game against Seattle with water flowing like crazy down into the tunnel, then a preseason game against Chicago at Soldier Field where the game was stopped altogether because of a close lightning strike.

"Welp that sucked" pretty much sums up the game. Offensively we looked like we showed up with a game plan, but the players were completely out of synch. Passes being thrown at receivers ankles, receivers not running correct routes or dropping passes, players not being set...and to top it off we lost our starting RB for a couple of weeks.

Defensively we didn't get it done on any level. None existent pass rush. Yes the injuries suck, and Josh Allen is a talented QB, but there were way too many times when they were running through our front seven. Again it looked like Spags showed up with no game plan whatsoever, and just tried to read and react to whatever Buffalo did, and our D's roster simply can't compete.

We did have some bright moments from players in the game. Thought that Hughes made a good impression at CB. Also think that if Josh Gordon is able to pick up our offense, watch out. Danna also showed some sparks at times, as did Mecole Hardman.

Past few years we've been spoiled by good officiating. Goofy officiating is now back, and after watching the refs take forever to decide if Hardman stepped out of bounds...Think it's going to be one of those years where we have to beat the refs, too.

Think offensively we can bounce back and still have a good season. Too much talent on the roster & coaching staff there to just let things go to pot. It's the D that IMO will be VERY hard to fix until next offseason. Drafting-wise we've always put the offense first and the D is always moved to the back burner. If our goal was just to get a D that was good enough to just slow the opponents down, we're not even accomplishing that, and we're doing it with a roster that our opponents are too familiar with and have already drafted to beat.
    About the Officiating. Whoever was in New York may have taken forever to decide but they actually moved the ball really quickly. We knew they were going to overturn the call very fast. I don't know what the hang up in New York was but the refs in Arrowhead knew they missed that one and knew what the outcome was going to be. If you've ever wondered if the refs watch the replay board I think that is how you know that yes,yes they do.

Tv did not do justice to how angry we were about the roughing. It's the only part of that game that I went back to rewatch to see WTF they were even calling. Still don't know. But I know the anger was MUCH louder than what you heard on tv.

The D was much better in the 2nd half. They gave us a chance to get back in the game. The offense just couldn't get out of their own way to get that done.

The game was trash but at least Q39 was there for a Monday early lunch. That place is wonderful Just an FYI if you ever want a KC BBQ place to stop by.
    What is a TopekaRoy?

Thumbs Up
    Received: 845
    Given: 1,618

0 Not allowed!
    I have NO doubt that Arrowhead was ticked off after the roughing the passer call. Definitely was a moment when we needed a play and that got yanked away from us, too.

The D did improve (some) in the second half but nowhere near what we needed, given all the offensive misfires. A lot of people are blaming our secondary but IMO if we don't get our front seven playing better it's likely to get worse in the backfield.