Thread: Postgame @ Washington

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,066
    Given: 133

Default Postgame @ Washington

0 Not allowed!
    Welp that was the most Stressful near 20 point win I think I've ever seen.

I'm still not thrilled with the coaching job this team is doing right now. Once again we saw many of the same things that have been effecting this team all year. It's one thing to see them happen once. Hey in sports sometimes you have a bad day. It happens. But we have seen these same issues all season long. At what point do we see something done to fix them. But you also have to give them credit for getting things righted in the 2nd half. We can only hope that's something that they can carry over going forward.

Mahomes. There is 0 excuse for that pick before the half. He is and has to be better than that. He is the leader of this team you can't have that from your leader. That is on Mahomes and Mahomes alone. Like the coaching he got it together in the 2nd half. But man that was just a bad pick. And he has done that more than once this season. He has to get it together.

Hill. The first pick was on him. And like Mahomes he has done that before this year. You have to catch the freaking ball when it hits you right in the hands. I really hope that the time that we saw him off the field was at least in part a message being sent to him about that and not just the injury. But again like the others he got it together in the 2nd half.

Lets talk about the Defense. Washington is no world beater on offense but that was a much better effort than we have seen all year from these guys. Add to it they finally got a couple of take aways. Pitching a 2nd half shut out even if it did in part happen because of a missed FG is a big plus for this team and much needed. It looked like some guys FINALLY got mad and decided to be better. And that last pick was great. Hopefully that is something that can also carry over.

The 1st half can't be ignored. It was a pretty lackluster effort. But the 2nd half hopefully can be something that this team can carry over. The Chiefs even on offense looked lost at some points in todays game but they still put up 500 yards on offense. This team still has the talent to go far this year. It's up to them to stop doing to stupid things that have lead to just a 3-3 start. Maybe it starts by building off a 2nd half in Washington. We will see where they go next week. GO CHIEFS!
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 557
    Given: 242

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Welp that was the most Stressful near 20 point win I think I've ever seen.

Blah, blah ...
    I agree with everything you said. Mahomes has seemed just a bit off, this season, and I didn't expect that today with all his talk about getting back to basics, fundamentals and "I have to be better." I'm not worried about the offense, though. They need to not turnover the ball and quit making stupid mistakes and they will be fine.

I don't think the defense is quite as bad as they looked the first four games, but they are pretty bad. To be fair, they have played some really good offenses and are missing some key players due to injury. You can't help that. It seems like everyone is trying to cover for everyone else instead of sticking to their own assignments. That CAN be fixed. They all need to focus on playing better and trust their teammates to do their jobs.

The Chiefs are back to .500 and just one game out of first place in the AFC West. While 15-2 or 14-3 might be out of the question, now, the Chiefs are still very much in contention for a playoff spot. They need to beat the teams they should beat, win at home and win a couple of "toss ups" on the road. Their next 3 games are @TEN and @home vs the Giants and Packers. If they can go 3-0 in that stretch I'll feel a lot better about the rest of the season.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Per Andy Reid postgame Jody Fortson tore his Achilles,
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 846
    Given: 1,618

0 Not allowed!
    Very torn on this one. It was great to see them win and stay at the .500 mark but it's also kind of aggravating to see them do it in such a sloppy manner against a non-conference team that went into the playoffs with a 7-9 record.

Offensively we were going one step forward and one step backward the entire game. Mahomes' interception was pointless but at least it didn't become a complete morale killer over the course of the game. Our O-line didn't seem to block well at times, but in their defense they IMO were going against the strength of that team (The Washington D-line). Most of the receivers seemed to do well, with the exception of Hill, who was having an up/down kind of day. Hardman was having a really good day up until the fumble; Kelce was the most consistent one of the bunch but injured his hand. There were times when D-rob was completely open but Mahomes didn't pick up on it.

Defense did get better as the game went on, but again it's like we didn't show up with a game plan, just reacted to whatever they did in the second half. It was embarrassing to watch them struggle against Washington's offense. Sneed played well, though, as did Mathieu. We really need Chris Jones and C. Ward back.

Really concerned about how this season is going to play out. Offensively think we'll get things worked out. Defensively not so sure.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Something to keep in mind about the defense is that if the offense gets it together that will be of some help. A fair chunk of the points that they have given up have come off turnovers that have given teams a short field. .Or you know giving up a pick 6. That alone will help the defense.

But yeah they need a lot of work still getting healthy will also help but they are going to have to get better if this team has any shot
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 2

0 Not allowed!
    Just a question. I was working and didn't get to see the game. Did Josh Gorden play at all? I looked at the stats and didn't see him in any.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefnutz View Post
    Just a question. I was working and didn't get to see the game. Did Josh Gorden play at all? I looked at the stats and didn't see him in any.
    He was in a few plays didn't catch anything
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 301
    Given: 14

0 Not allowed!
    I watched Bill's Titans last night. This defense better be prepared. The titans offense looked scary.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 2

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for letting me know.