Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boston killing sports.

Default Boston killing sports.

I heard Colin Cowherd say that Cowboys/Patriots will be the greatest superbowl of all time this morning on ESPN radio... *gag* *gag* *cough* *puke*

The NFL isn't really all that interesting this year (lopsided AFC divisions, a slew of bad teams, etc) and the Patriots aren't helping anything with their 40+ point blow-outs. Maybe people from Boston and the sports media want to see another undefeated team emerge in the annals of NFL history but a lot of people are going to lose interest.

I think most people don't really want to see yet another post-season matchup between the New England Yankees and Dallas Red Sox. Football looks very similar to baseball this year-- completely lopsided. I thought the salary cap was supposed to prevent this?

Oh yeah, the Pats also got busted for cheating. Their punishment did not include any suspensions, just fines and they had draft picks taken away that they just recouped in a trade with San Fransisco (I think). Picture this: New England wins the superbowl and turns around to get a top-ten pick in the draft next year. The reason why I've been such a huge football fan over the years is because I used to only see this kind of imbalance in MLB or the NBA. Now, it seems that the NFL just wants the big teams to set a bunch of records-- kind of like they want to keep up with MLB because Bonds set the home run record this year or something...

Whatever's going on, it's lame and Boston is killing sports.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Huh???????

Gotta agree with you there m0ef0e!

I heard yesterday that the Pats were breaking another rule, but turned the channel before they talked about it.

I have to say that I would rather the Pats win the Super Bowl than Indy though!

I friggin' hate Peyton Manning!!1
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Gotta agree with you there m0ef0e!

I heard yesterday that the Pats were breaking another rule, but turned the channel before they talked about it.

I have to say that I would rather the Pats win the Super Bowl than Indy though!

I friggin' hate Peyton Manning!!1
    0-0 tie - no winners - everyone hurt - game called - this is the best of all scenarios now in the super bowl.....
    You can only have one favorite team. There are no "second favorites".
    -- Chris, resident of Arrowhead East (St. Louis)

Quote Originally Posted by stlchief View Post
    0-0 tie - no winners - everyone hurt - game called - this is the best of all scenarios now in the super bowl.....
    See there guys.

Spoken like a true Chiefs fan!

Sounds like this guy grew up here...

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

I would be all for the Detroit Lions winning the Super Bowl, or the Bears, or the Browns, or someone who hasn't won for a long time, Last year I was all for Indy or Chicago winning after the Chiefs were out of it, but I really could care less about the Pats because they have won it too many times in the last few years, and also Belichick is a total moron and could care less about the NFL or the game of football. He is all about proving he is a great coach and that he has created a dominant team. The whole Patriot thing from this year is they run up the score just to show that they can. I also blame Mangino and the Jets for this year, I personally don't like the Jets, Pats Giants, or any other New England - New York team.

I also don't want to see the Broncos, Chargers or the Raiders to win it, although I don't feel that it will be a problem this year.

My theory on the "Patriots are running-up the score." complaint is that if the opposition wants the Patriots to stop scoring, then they either need to stop them, or "Say 'Uncle'". If the opposition pulls their starters, then they have waved the proverbial "white flag". Until then, it is all fair game.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    My theory on the "Patriots are running-up the score." complaint is that if the opposition wants the Patriots to stop scoring, then they either need to stop them, or "Say 'Uncle'". If the opposition pulls their starters, then they have waved the proverbial "white flag". Until then, it is all fair game.
    I've got no problem with the Patriots "running up the score" and all that. My problem with them is the fact that they got busted cheating and no suspensions were handed down-- only fines and loss of a draft pick that they recouped anyway. They should have not been able to trade for a first or second-round pick next draft as well as having the picks revoked. It seems like the Patriots just shoved an already-lenient punishment right back in the NFL's face-- way to rule with the iron fist, Goodell.

It seems to me that something slipped through the cracks somewhere and the Patriots found a way to exploit it. I can't say what, where, or how but the lopsided manner in which the Patriots have been winning this year just doesn't seem quite right to me-- it's not what I'm used to seeing in the NFL, anyway.
    Last edited by m0ef0e; 12-03-2007 at 06:33 PM.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

I like pie.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I like pie.
    Where my pie?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast