Thread: Huard to start at quarterback for Chiefs

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Default Huard to start at quarterback for Chiefs

http://www.kansascity.com/news/break...ry/384119.html

By SAM MELLINGER

The Kansas City Star

The expected became official Friday afternoon, when Chiefs coach Herm Edwards announced that Damon Huard will start at quarterback on Sunday against the Chargers at Arrowhead Stadium.
    Brodie Croyle was injured early in last week’s loss to Oakland, and his back was too stiff to participate in practice this week. Huard, who started the first nine games, has completed 163 of 262 passes (62.2 percent) for 1,766 yards and eight touchdowns and 11 interceptions.
    Croyle has completed 58 of 97 (59.8 percent) for 614 yards, two touchdowns at two interceptions.

I hope with this that Thigpen gets in for a couple series at least, I would like to see what the kid has. Would hate to have him at backup never playing and then need him and find out in the middle of a playoff hunt he cant play. This is the perfect time of year to put him in, playoff hopes are almost dashed and Croyle is out. Go Chiefs.

Well he beat the Chargers once this year, maybe he can do it again!

GO CHIEFS!!!!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post
    http://www.kansascity.com/news/break...ry/384119.html

By SAM MELLINGER

The Kansas City Star

The expected became official Friday afternoon, when Chiefs coach Herm Edwards announced that Damon Huard will start at quarterback on Sunday against the Chargers at Arrowhead Stadium.
    Brodie Croyle was injured early in last week’s loss to Oakland, and his back was too stiff to participate in practice this week. Huard, who started the first nine games, has completed 163 of 262 passes (62.2 percent) for 1,766 yards and eight touchdowns and 11 interceptions.
    Croyle has completed 58 of 97 (59.8 percent) for 614 yards, two touchdowns at two interceptions.

I hope with this that Thigpen gets in for a couple series at least, I would like to see what the kid has. Would hate to have him at backup never playing and then need him and find out in the middle of a playoff hunt he cant play. This is the perfect time of year to put him in, playoff hopes are almost dashed and Croyle is out. Go Chiefs.
    Just heard the news........ dont really know what to think. Hopefully Sunday doesnt suck.

at this point...no matter who starts, herm is still the coach. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by timsatt1 View Post
    at this point...no matter who starts, herm is still the coach. lol.
    Haha good point!!

Priest Holmes= my favorite Chiefs RB.. ever.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Good news, I saw that they are going to move Thigpen up to second on the depth chart, so it will be Huard then Thigpen so that if he plays Huard can still go back in. Seems like they plan on putting Thigpen in for a few downs at least.

I kinda like the mentality that it is a good time to try more of the youngsters, Even though with all the injuries a large amount of the youngsters are playing anyway.