Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I am a hypocrite.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Default I am a hypocrite.

I decided to sit and write up on why I am so conflicted and feel like a hypocrite right now.

I have been a die hard Chiefs fan for quite some time, I have never let that waiver even during the years of missing the playoffs, yet this year I have been questioning why continue to root for the team, I have called for people to quit going to games, I have hoped for a blackout locally, because I thought that it would change things.
    There in lies all the problems, I will elaborate.

1. In the beginning of the year, I wanted Brodie, I called and called for Huard to be benched, I said that I didn't mind if the Chiefs didn't win I wanted Brodie in the game. Now that this has happened I (we?) have started to boycott the organization for making this happen.
    a. My reasoning for being upset about and wanting a change though I feel is because it took far too long to get to the point of having Brodie in and also that even after the switch when I was ok with losing games for learning sake but the game against Indy and Oakland we should have won had it not been for Herm Edwards.

2. I have always been a Chiefs fan through thick and thin. The year I was talking about trying to find another team to cheer for.
    a. Even though I have talked about trying to find another team, I feel that the reason for me finding this other team was not to replace the Chiefs, as I will always first and foremost root for the Chiefs, but mainly find some team to hope for a Super Bowl team that will give me a reason to watch the Super Bowl this year, If it is that Patriots and Cowboys I will have a hard time watching (although I do like Romo (he is a product of Eastern Illinois which isn't too far from here. ))

I would like to hear some other thoughts on this from some others who are having the same thoughts on boycotting games, and starting to let the enthusiasm for the Chiefs dim this year. Or from those who haven't lost their focus.

Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post

Hey Donks

And on that note I am off to bed, have a nice nite all.
    You suck and that is sad.

I hate the Donks!!!!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    It's really weird. Some of the people who criticize people for criticizing players have been the first to jump off the "bandwagon".

To me, it's like family. My parents always let me know what I had done wrong (still do...lol), but they never gave up on me. They were always in my corner and wanted me to succeed. They didn't stop going to skating meets if I did poorly, not go to plays at school if I forgot a line, etc.

That's how I view fandom. I can express what I feel is going wrong, but I will never stop going to games when I get the chance or stop purchasing merchandise.
    Is it kinda like someone complaining about others saying that someone is not a "true fan", then challenging everyones fandome?

Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post
    I decided to sit and write up on why I am so conflicted and feel like a hypocrite right now.

I have been a die hard Chiefs fan for quite some time, I have never let that waiver even during the years of missing the playoffs, yet this year I have been questioning why continue to root for the team, I have called for people to quit going to games, I have hoped for a blackout locally, because I thought that it would change things.
    There in lies all the problems, I will elaborate.

1. In the beginning of the year, I wanted Brodie, I called and called for Huard to be benched, I said that I didn't mind if the Chiefs didn't win I wanted Brodie in the game. Now that this has happened I (we?) have started to boycott the organization for making this happen.
    a. My reasoning for being upset about and wanting a change though I feel is because it took far too long to get to the point of having Brodie in and also that even after the switch when I was ok with losing games for learning sake but the game against Indy and Oakland we should have won had it not been for Herm Edwards.

2. I have always been a Chiefs fan through thick and thin. The year I was talking about trying to find another team to cheer for.
    a. Even though I have talked about trying to find another team, I feel that the reason for me finding this other team was not to replace the Chiefs, as I will always first and foremost root for the Chiefs, but mainly find some team to hope for a Super Bowl team that will give me a reason to watch the Super Bowl this year, If it is that Patriots and Cowboys I will have a hard time watching (although I do like Romo (he is a product of Eastern Illinois which isn't too far from here. ))

I would like to hear some other thoughts on this from some others who are having the same thoughts on boycotting games, and starting to let the enthusiasm for the Chiefs dim this year. Or from those who haven't lost their focus.
    Boycott? Seriously?

I would never boycott my team. They may upset me week-in and week-out but I will be tuned in to every game from start to finish.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

my form of boycott is i`m paying for 2 kids colleges so i cant afford to go to all the chiefs home games. but then again what they charge for tic`s its about the same.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I will never root for a team that is not the Chiefs EVER!!! Call it being a homer, or putting on my magic rosy glasses or whatever the f@#k people call optimistic fans on here. I am all of those things, but first and formost I am a diehard Chiefs fan. I can watch other games and be interested and enjoy watching other teams play but I bleed RED and GOLD and regardless of a bad season, poor coaching, ****ty management or whatever anyone else wants to complain about, I am going to be a CHIEFS fan. That is why they came up with the saying through thick and thin. Welcome to the thin. If you want to watch other teams play then great. You are a football fan like everyone else here. If you want to become a fan of another team and stop liking the Chiefs until they start winning games then you are a bandwagon fan. Fans like that are the reason the term "bandwagon" exists!! I am not judging others fandom as I do not care how you feel about the Chiefs. I know how I feel about the Chiefs and I consider myself a pretty big fan. Before you consider yourself die hard you need to evaluate what you thin a die hard fan is, and whether you are one or not. Die hards don't abandon their team. No matter what!!
    Absolutely agree! I once tossed in the towel in a heat of the moment fit of discouragement; never felt more like a loser in my life, and will never do it again. FWIW

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    It's all how you feel about it man. Don't matter what I think of one's fandom!! Although I would say Yes! But only because you run the BEST Chiefs site!!
    HERE, HERE!!!!

Freakin' parrotts man..

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234