Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who should get canned after this year.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

Default Who should get canned after this year.

Other than Queen Carl, Herminator,the offensive terminator,his lapdog solari,and clueless Curly.

Kennison,Drummard,turly.terry,wilborn,bell,wilson, weigman,i wish huard,probably dunn, sapp and who ever is kicking.(by then carney willbe around 50 i think) Probably afew others. any thoughts on who? if this a repost or payment already made please disrecard this thread.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Turley, Carney, Law, Surtain and LJ will be gone. LJ will get traded for some prime draft picks and will free cap space. Kolby Smith has more than proven that he can do as much, if not more, than LJ. I don't think LJ would have been so expendable if it were not for his off season hold out and his attitude problems. He sealed his own fate.

Kennison will most likely stay one more year. Sammie Parker is questionable. Sippio will move into the third slot behind Bowe and Kennison.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    Other than Queen Carl, Herminator,the offensive terminator,his lapdog solari,and clueless Curly.

Kennison,Drummard,turly.terry,wilborn,bell,wilson, weigman,i wish huard,probably dunn, sapp and who ever is kicking.(by then carney willbe around 50 i think) Probably afew others. any thoughts on who? if this a repost or payment already made please disrecard this thread.
    I think that just about sums it up.

First of all, whether or not LJ is gone likely depends on what his injury is. If it is the rumored LisFranc area sprain, then his trade value will be much diminished and likely KC will be semi-forced to keep him. If it is a more simple injury, I'm still not sure they will trade him, but he could command the draft picks as suggested.

Secondly the only guy on that list I would keep is Weigman...not because he's great or anything, but because there's really not going to be anything better at Center on the free agent market. Maybe Newberry from the Raiders, if they let him go, but he's not that much better.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

If there is a God in heaven, I will see Carl Peterson on the unemployment line.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    Turley, Carney, Law, Surtain and LJ will be gone. LJ will get traded for some prime draft picks and will free cap space. Kolby Smith has more than proven that he can do as much, if not more, than LJ. I don't think LJ would have been so expendable if it were not for his off season hold out and his attitude problems. He sealed his own fate.

Kennison will most likely stay one more year. Sammie Parker is questionable. Sippio will move into the third slot behind Bowe and Kennison.
    LJs value has already taken a huge hit, and, as rbedgood pointed out, the injury could do alot worse.

Stating that Kolby Smith has PROVEN anything is a bit of a stretch. He has played two games. One great game, and a decent one. That isn't exactly PROOF of much.

Then, for Law and Surtain, who exactly is going to play the CB positions? Law, at least, stays. With the desperation we have for offensive linemen, finding two starting CBs, as well as getting serious about the offensive line, is a very tall order.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    LJs value has already taken a huge hit, and, as rbedgood pointed out, the injury could do alot worse.

Stating that Kolby Smith has PROVEN anything is a bit of a stretch. He has played two games. One great game, and a decent one. That isn't exactly PROOF of much.

Then, for Law and Surtain, who exactly is going to play the CB positions? Law, at least, stays. With the desperation we have for offensive linemen, finding two starting CBs, as well as getting serious about the offensive line, is a very tall order.
    Exacty! We can't afford to not address the line but we will continue in line as we have for the last 10 years to give up the big pass play atleast once or twice a game!

Great point, and truthfully Law could be a great #2 corner if a good FA pick up or early draft pick is used on a DB. Although the first round pick needs to be a top level NFL ready Tackle.
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

I have to disagree. I think he has already looked better than LJ this year. I think LJ got the money he wanted and don't care anymore. It's a gut feeling, but I watch Kolby and see a pretty special player.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Kolby has looked special, but there are many players that look special for a few games then turn out to be a flash in the pan. I personally think Kolby Smith will be a good player for some time, but to suggest LJ is expendable is short-sighted. First of all, his trade value after the 1st half of this season has diminished, and secondly his injury will likely affect that value even further until he gets back on the field and breaks at least a couple explosive plays.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast