Thread: Postgame Vs Bills ONCE AGAIN IN THE AFC TITLE GAME

Default Postgame Vs Bills ONCE AGAIN IN THE AFC TITLE GAME

WOW what a freaking game. I am not going to lie I was sure that the game was going to be yet another heartbreaking Chiefs playoff loss when the Bills got that TD. This is now our life with #15 we are never out of a game. He is special. Big time players make big time plays and tonight Mahomes went and won the game. There has been a lot of talk about the NFL figuring him out. But I think he has proven that is not the case.

I want to give a shout out to Hardman. I have been saying for weeks that he has come a long way in the past few games he has really stepped it up. Tonight he chipped in and made that great TD run. I really like what I am seeing from him. He's not a superstar but he is a very key guy for this team. He has really grown on me hopefully he keeps it up.

We need to do something about Butker XPs. He has missed A LOT of them over the past few seasons. He made the game tying kick but he also really hurt up a lot with misses. If Mahomes didn't save the day he would have been a huge reason in why we would have lost. Leaving 4 points off the board can be the death sentence to teams in the playoffs. He has to have taken the biggest sigh of relief that we were able to pull that one out. That would have been really hard to live with all off season. But he has to figure that out.

Defense. As frustrating as they were through most of that game they did get some stops. And lets be real here the Bills are really really good. Some of it you just got to tip your cap to them. But if the Chiefs want to get back to the super bowl they simply are going to have to play better. And that really starts with the coaching. How many times do you let them run the same things before you make an adjustment? They like Butker escaped tonight. But they are going to have to get it together. Losing a couple of guys in the game didn't help but that level of play is going to leave you open to walk out with a bitter taste in your mouth.

I still can not get over that game. Man it was stressful but you know what it was also a TON of fun to watch. A lot of Chiefs fans have PTSD from playoff games past myself included. When The Bills scored that touchdown I will admit I honestly thought about turning the game off I was so down. But Mahomes kept me watching. And I am thankful I did. The Bills are going to be a pain in our backsides for years to come. And man is it going to be a lot of fun. Well fun when the Chiefs win at least.

To steal a quote from Bill Belichick we are on to Cincinnati and it will be once again to keep the Lamar Hunt trophy at Arrowhead stadium. Lets go get it. GO CHIEFS
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I believe Butker was the 2nd most accurate FG kicker in the NFL this year. How do you get rid of a kicker who is so good when you need 3 but so unreliable when you need just 1? I can't understand why it happens, but I think he helps us more with made FGs than he hurts us with missed FGs. It would be nice if we could find a kicker that does BOTH well.

The defense struggled, but look who they were playing against. Like I said in the GDT, "The Bills are going to get some 1st downs. They just can't get touchdowns" and the defense made just enough stops to win the game. True, they blew a 9 point lead, but we would have lost if they hadn't gotten us that 9 point lead, so I think they deserve some credit. But this game was all about the offense tonight.

What really stood out for me was how much heart these guys have. Their will and desire to win was inspiring and they never gave up on themselves even when most of the fans did and most other teams would have. They have the hearts of Champions and, hopefully, that leads to another Super Bowl Championship. But we need one more win to get there first. Bring on the Bungles!
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Great effort by our team. When the Bills scored their last TD, and left us with 13 seconds on the clock....Wrote us off, right then and there. Kelce is still unstoppable; Hill is still a consistent playmaker; Hardman, McKinnon and CEH were all playing like they had a chip on their shoulder every play. No quit whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy;365979[B
    ]I believe Butker was the 2nd most accurate FG kicker in the NFL this year. How do you get rid of a kicker who is so good when you need 3 but so unreliable when you need just 1? I can't understand why it happens, but I think he helps us more with made FGs than he hurts us with missed FGs. It would be nice if we could find a kicker that does BOTH well.[/B]

The defense struggled, but look who they were playing against. Like I said in the GDT, "The Bills are going to get some 1st downs. They just can't get touchdowns" and the defense made just enough stops to win the game. True, they blew a 9 point lead, but we would have lost if they hadn't gotten us that 9 point lead, so I think they deserve some credit. But this game was all about the offense tonight.

What really stood out for me was how much heart these guys have. Their will and desire to win was inspiring and they never gave up on themselves even when most of the fans did and most other teams would have. They have the hearts of Champions and, hopefully, that leads to another Super Bowl Championship. But we need one more win to get there first. Bring on the Bungles!
    It's such a weird thing with Butker he seems to get better on the longer field goals but can struggle with the XPS. I am not sure what they can really do about it. But man they have to try everything possible to fix it. It really could have been the reason the Chiefs were sent home if Mahomes didn't make magic last night.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Great effort by our team. When the Bills scored their last TD, and left us with 13 seconds on the clock....Wrote us off, right then and there. Kelce is still unstoppable; Hill is still a consistent playmaker; Hardman, McKinnon and CEH were all playing like they had a chip on their shoulder every play. No quit whatsoever.
    Some would call this the heart of a Champion.

Past Chiefs teams would have folded this group has proved they won't
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Some would call this the heart of a Champion.

Past Chiefs teams would have folded this group has proved they won't
    Dan Marino used to preach "If you have 2 minutes in a game, you can score two touchdowns." With the '21 KC Chiefs, we learned that if you have 13 seconds, you can put up 3 points. Very proud of this team. If we want to be the '21 AFC Champs, we still gotta prove it, but very proud of this team.

My favorite quote of all of this is from Reid..."If it's grim....be the grim reaper." I'm hoping that Burrow gets the full 142 decibels of Arrowhead rattling around in his helmet after what happened last time.