Thread: What about Clark Hunt?

Default What about Clark Hunt?

Everyone is pointing fingers at Herm and Carl (and rightfully so in most cases), but doesn't Clark have the power to fire them both? Maybe the question should be what would it take for Clark to get rid of either one? Hem didn't sound the least bit concerned as to whether he would still have a job. Haven't seen Carl fidgetting. They have to be getting assurance from somewhere.

***This post is in no way meant to disrespect Lamar or his memory.***
    Everything happens for a reason.

That post doesn't disrespect Lamar at all.

Lamar was as much at fault as Clark is now.

This family seems to think that they are the Rooneys, and if you keep a coach long enough you get a Championship.

In our case it is the GM.

I still hate Herm though.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

Carl`s contract is for two more years.if i remember right,so is hermmie`s. the old saying "the buck stops here" applies to clark. he needs to grow some balls and do something. maybe the empty seats will make him do something.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

i doubt it
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    i doubt it
    Me too.

Either way, two more years of empty seats is really going to suck. Why don't people try that in two years? What's the point in doing it now if nothing can get done? In two years, the team will be playing better. Would you still not go to the games if the team wa doing well in order to prove a point?
    Everything happens for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    Everyone is pointing fingers at Herm and Carl (and rightfully so in most cases), but doesn't Clark have the power to fire them both? Maybe the question should be what would it take for Clark to get rid of either one? Hem didn't sound the least bit concerned as to whether he would still have a job. Haven't seen Carl fidgetting. They have to be getting assurance from somewhere.

***This post is in no way meant to disrespect Lamar or his memory.***
    Yes; absolutely agreed, and very well put!

With all due respect to Lamar, but I wondered the same thing about him when he was alive and well - running things.

How involved was Clark in the organization before Lamar passed?

Maybe Clark is sticking with CP out of respect for his father and his decision. Maybe he thinks keeping CP around for so long is actually the right decision. Maybe Clark doesn't have the same passion and love for the game that his dad did. Maybe, just maybe, Clark really doesn't care all that much and would rather keep things the way they are so he doesn't have to think-- or do too much about it. Or maybe Clark will realize that some serious changes need to be made and finally can Carl. I don't know the mind of Clark. I just hope he helps honor his father's legacy by doing what is right for the organization and gets the right pieces in place to give this team a shot at a champoinship.

I'm not trying to disrespect any member of the Hunt family, either. Good luck, Clark. I believe you will follow your heart and can't fault you for that. Thank you, Lamar. The Chiefs' nation will always love you.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    How involved was Clark in the organization before Lamar passed?

Maybe Clark is sticking with CP out of respect for his father and his decision. Maybe he thinks keeping CP around for so long is actually the right decision. Maybe Clark doesn't have the same passion and love for the game that his dad did. Maybe, just maybe, Clark really doesn't care all that much and would rather keep things the way they are so he doesn't have to think-- or do too much about it. Or maybe Clark will realize that some serious changes need to be made and finally can Carl. I don't know the mind of Clark. I just hope he helps honor his father's legacy by doing what is right for the organization and gets the right pieces in place to give this team a shot at a championship.
    Good reply!

Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    Me too.

Either way, two more years of empty seats is really going to suck. Why don't people try that in two years? What's the point in doing it now if nothing can get done? In two years, the team will be playing better. Would you still not go to the games if the team wa doing well in order to prove a point?
    two more years of fielding a bad football team is going to suck.

fire Herm please! this year! i cant watch another season of "Herm Ball"

Quote Originally Posted by timsatt1 View Post
    two more years of fielding a bad football team is going to suck.

fire Herm please! this year! i cant watch another season of "Herm Ball"
    No, no, no! It's Hermie-ball.