Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The "Buck"!

Default The "Buck"!

Does anyone remember "big old" Buck Buchanan? I remember a game when we had a small punt/kick off returner, and he was clothes lined very hard and big old Buck took exception to that hit, but I can't remember who the return player was. Anybody remember?

8-) :pint:
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win
    in 2007!!:fighting0068:

Default Re: The "Buck"!

kenny1937 wrote:
    Does anyone remember "big old" Buck Buchanan? I remember a game when we had a small punt/kick off returner, and he was clothes lined very hard and big old Buck took exception to that hit, but I can't remember who the return player was. Anybody remember?

Too long ago for me to remember.

I believe his nickname was "The Flea", I remember that Buck was in a pay back mode.

Go Chiefs Eleven, win

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

acouple of months ago i bought a signed photo of buck. yes even had a photo of him signing it. payed $80 for it. didnt care i needed it for my collection of signed `69 super bowl team pics. the old lady thought i was nuts till i was offered $200 for it.

wolfpack wrote:
    acouple of months ago i bought a signed photo of buck. yes even had a photo of him signing it. payed $80 for it. didnt care i needed it for my collection of signed `69 super bowl team pics. the old lady thought i was nuts till i was offered $200 for it.
    You didn't sell it??????!

wolfpack wrote:
    You lucky stiff you, I am jealous wolfpack, (grin),
    You don't remember who the "Flea" was, do you?

Go Chiefs Eleven, win

You are probably thinking of Nate Smith (aka : Super Knat). He was a small fast guy that would go out and get creamed but was always out there the next time he was called on.

That is probably the guy, and Super Knat instead of flea, thanks afchief, I remember that Buck was really upset with the hit, kinda wish we had another "Buck" around, he was a really good player. Another Nate wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Go Chiefs Eleven, win

Actually it was Noland "Super Gnat" Smith, I appreciate afchief's post which reminded me that he was known as Super Gnat, not the flea, he was a 5-5 155 pound bundle of speed, first player drafted espeacially for return duties in 1967, along with another guy we all remember, Jan Stenerud field goal kicker. He ran a 106 yard punt return against the Denver Bronk's, that is still tied for the NFL record. I remember that when he was clotheslined, they had to hold big old Buck back, he was ready to do some major damage to the guy who tackled Nolan. He also had a bit part in the motion picture Mash, in which Buck also had a part in.
    Thanks again afchief.

Go Chiefs Eleven, win

Wrlcome aboard afchiefs! Drop by the "Introduced yourself to the Crowd" board and tell us about yourself. :-D

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/modules/newbb/viewforum.php?forum=5

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast