Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Kolby Smith,another coaching screw up

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

Default Kolby Smith,another coaching screw up

Smith seems like he hardly ever loses yardage. i know he has but not like LJ did. why didn`t they try him earlier in the year? to me its poor coaching by our hermmie. this is the same coach at the beginning said our "o-line" woulbe fine. this guy cant judge talent if it smacked him across the head. thank you for reading my 2 cents worth.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    I think most of the crowd has been calling for Carl's head as well. I see it everywhere. However as for the comment about his QBs getting injured, I'd call it a fluke except your point about his lack of emphasis (draft or free agent) on the O-line is a huge contributing factor both in NY and KC when it comes to the health of his QB. Huard got a year older but he didn't change that much from one season to the next...the difference is the loss of the final cog to that dominant KC O-line. It is unfortunate that Roaf and Shields both retired in the last couple years, but the difference between Carl Peterson and the GMs that have perrennial contending teams is that it is the GMs job to have a 2-5 year plan, and the coaches job to have a focus and plan for the next game. Sure Carl has to draft players that Herm wants, and fit his system, but he also has to say, umm Herm, we have two All-pro linemen in their mid 30s...we might want to grab that Winston Justice kid from USC, (or someone similar) here in the 2nd or 3rd round.

BOTH guys are culpable in the makeup of the team...only Herm is responsible for the lousy scheme considering his personnel.
    Please elaborate.

This is interesting.

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    You post that record...great...now post his record when he has a consistent QB the whole season. You can blame him all you want for not drafting O-linemen, but his record is inconsitent because he's never had a truly consistent QB.

When you don't have a leader of the offense, you're not gonna score a whole lot of points. It's just ridiculous that people don't see that he's never had a real shot at building a team. 5 years with the Jets isn't exactly a long tenure. How long did it take Cower to win a Super Bowl again....and HE'S the guy y'all want? lmao

2 years here without a real QB or offensive line isn't exactly a fair shot. Take a breath, a step back, and relax for a bit. If you want to beat the drum to get someone fired, start fighting for Carl's head as hard as you're fighting for Herm's.

This is just ridiculous.

In Cowhers first seven years, here is what he did...

71-41, including one season with a losing record. (7-9)

5-6 in the playoffs. That means that his team was in the playoffs for six out of his first seven years.

0-1 in the Super Bowl.

As for Herm...

52-56. Including (assuming the Chiefs don't win out) three of seven seasons with a losing record.

2-4 in the playoffs.

0 Super Bowl appearances.

Please show me where you see some advantage to the argument for Herm. Seriously. Not bashing Herm here, just not understanding the nagativity towards Cowher.

It is also my opinion that having just three losing seasons, out of fifteen, is pretty damn good. Especially with 6-10 being his worst season ever.

You are right about one thing though. The argument here is, most definitely, ridiculous.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/coach?id=6

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

5-6 in the playoffs. That means that his team was in the playoffs for six out of his first seven years.

0-1 in the Super Bowl.

As for Herm...

52-56. Including (assuming the Chiefs don't win out) three of seven seasons with a losing record.

2-4 in the playoffs.

Please show me where you see some advantage to the argument for Herm. Seriously. Not bashing Herm here, just not understanding the nagativity towards Cowher.

It is also my opinion that having just three losing seasons, out of fifteen, is pretty damn good. Especially with 6-10 being his worst season ever.

You are right about one thing though. The argument here is, most definitely, ridiculous.

Well said 31...comparing Cowher and Edwards is not fair. It's like comparing the intelligence of Einstein and Gump (Forrest that is)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

0-1 in the Super Bowl.

As for Herm...

2-4 in the playoffs.

again....still looking for a consistent QB for Herm. We know what Cower can do... 1 Super Bowl win in how many years?

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    I think most of the crowd has been calling for Carl's head as well. I see it everywhere. However as for the comment about his QBs getting injured, I'd call it a fluke except your point about his lack of emphasis (draft or free agent) on the O-line is a huge contributing factor both in NY and KC when it comes to the health of his QB. Huard got a year older but he didn't change that much from one season to the next...the difference is the loss of the final cog to that dominant KC O-line. It is unfortunate that Roaf and Shields both retired in the last couple years, but the difference between Carl Peterson and the GMs that have perrennial contending teams is that it is the GMs job to have a 2-5 year plan, and the coaches job to have a focus and plan for the next game. Sure Carl has to draft players that Herm wants, and fit his system, but he also has to say, umm Herm, we have two All-pro linemen in their mid 30s...we might want to grab that Winston Justice kid from USC, (or someone similar) here in the 2nd or 3rd round.

BOTH guys are culpable in the makeup of the team...only Herm is responsible for the lousy scheme considering his personnel.
    I've said this same thing in other posts.

again....still looking for a consistent QB for Herm. We know what Cower can do... 1 Super Bowl win in how many years?
    Considering that there are thirty-two teams, (thirty when Cowher got started, I believe.) that means that each team has a 1/32 chance of winning a Super Bowl, all other aspects aside. If Cowher managed to win one in fifteen years, that puts him at better than 1/15 odds. That is far above the average. But, Cowher got his team to it's first Super Bowl in four years, while Herm has had seven and hasn't made it.

Quote Originally Posted by timsatt1 View Post
    you are the only man i know....ON EARTH...that will defend Herm Edwards. Not even his grandmother will defend him anymore. But...you da man!
    No, it's just stupid to look at what the guy has done with our defense in 2 seasons and not give him a chance to fix the offense. It may take another 2 seasons to fix the offense, but nobody seems to be willing to be patient. For all "high football I.Q." on this forum, it's just amazing to me that there is such an outcry for the head coach to be fired after his SECOND year with the team.

In seven years, Herm has yet to reach so much as an 11-5 record. 10-6 is the best that he has done. The consistent QB is his own fault.

Considering that there are thirty-two teams, (thirty when Cowher got started, I believe.) that means that each team has a 1/32 chance of winning a Super Bowl, all other aspects aside. If Cowher managed to win one in fifteen years, that puts him at better than 1/15 odds. That is far above the average. But, Cowher got his team to it's first Super Bowl in four years, while Herm has had seven and hasn't made it.
    how does this post address the fact Herm has yet to have a real QB?

Did Cower have to come in and COMPLETELY rebuild his defense while his offense retired? I would argue that his first season with an 11-5 record would say otherwise.

No, it's just stupid to look at what the guy has done with our defense in 2 seasons and not give him a chance to fix the offense. It may take another 2 seasons to fix the offense, but nobody seems to be willing to be patient. For all "high football I.Q." on this forum, it's just amazing to me that there is such an outcry for the head coach to be fired after his SECOND year with the team.
    Herm has inherited two teams and ground them both into the ground, one offensive (and now defensive) player at a time.

So you agree with Herm it is just bad luck when you lose 5 QB's in one year?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast